shape
carat
color
clarity

DOes anyone have this Birkin bag?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
How much does it cost?? is it heavenly?? I need one
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I saw it on Gilmore Girls and fell in love!

victoria-beckham-moon-dress-hermes.jpg

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh, a Birkin!
I believe that is Ostrich skin. If you do a search on Ebay, some interesting prices come up and I don''t even know if those are valid bags, so I can''t imagine what an actual Birkin must cost. I wish I could have one too though, it''s gorgeous!

I love that episode though, Emily being jealous of Rory''s bag.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif

I know, I thought it was hilarious!! And then Emily was trying to tell Richard how much she loves it hahahahaah

My guess would be USD20000? I mean the simplest Birkin bad is USD7000 and ostrich skin must be heaps more expensive.
14.gif
Why do I love this bag so much?

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The latest price for a 30cm ostrich birkin is 9,700GBP or about $16,000 US Dollars. A 35 cm ostrich birkin is estimated to cost around $18,000 plus tax.

The above stated pricing is based on store price available only to VIP members who have bought lots of birkins previously. For the grail color of fuchsia, the bag has to be special ordered as well (meaning a long wait). For the ordinary shopper, even a regular skin (non-exotic leather) birkin is almost impossible to obtain. In order to get your regular skin birkin, you have to keep buying many non-birkin (or kelly) accessories until someday your SA unexpectatedly decides that you are worthy enough to be offered one. Even so, you don''t get to pick your color or skin type. What you are offered is whatever happens to be available at the time. This unexpected window of opportunity is usually a result of some client who changes her mind about her special order.

In summary, if you want a HTF, holy grail fuchsia birkin, the only fast and sure way is to pay a hefty premium to the reseller. And this is assuming the gem is available. Therefore, if one is available on eBay, you may want to contact the seller and negotiate price. I see that the eBay listing has a BIN with a best offer option. This means that there is room for negotiation. For best price, it may be worthwhile to contact the seller directly.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
I believe a Croc Birkin is around $30K USD.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 8:50:39 AM
Author: FancyDiamond
The latest price for a 30cm ostrich birkin is 9,700GBP or about $16,000 US Dollars. A 35 cm ostrich birkin is estimated to cost around $18,000 plus tax.

The above stated pricing is based on store price available only to VIP members who have bought lots of birkins previously. For the grail color of fuchsia, the bag has to be special ordered as well (meaning a long wait). For the ordinary shopper, even a regular skin (non-exotic leather) birkin is almost impossible to obtain. In order to get your regular skin birkin, you have to keep buying many non-birkin (or kelly) accessories until someday your SA unexpectatedly decides that you are worthy enough to be offered one. Even so, you don''t get to pick your color or skin type. What you are offered is whatever happens to be available at the time. This unexpected window of opportunity is usually a result of some client who changes her mind about her special order.

In summary, if you want a HTF, holy grail fuchsia birkin, the only fast and sure way is to pay a hefty premium to the reseller. And this is assuming the gem is available. Therefore, if one is available on eBay, you may want to contact the seller and negotiate price. I see that the eBay listing has a BIN with a best offer option. This means that there is room for negotiation. For best price, it may be worthwhile to contact the seller directly.

Fancy,
Did you read "Bringing home the Birkin" as well?

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2009 7:08:57 PM
Author: fsu1227

Fancy,
Did you read ''Bringing home the Birkin'' as well?
No, I did not read the book, but I know what it is about.

Personally, I do not mind paying a small premium for something that I want very much but have no time/patience to find it and/or "play favorite games" with my SA''s. I mean a reasonable premium of 10%-30%, but not 100%. I do not see anything wrong paying someone for his/her time and efforts on my behalf. A few years ago, when Hermes shawls were $850 each (plus tax). Someone from Paris found me my grail shawl (brand new, S-stamp) which I searched for months. (Others might have searched for a much longer time than I.) I was very thrilled to hand over my money, over 20% premium, for this gem. Till this day, I enjoy wearing the shawl very much and am very proud of owning it.

Fortunately, I have no desire for HTF, bold/fun color birkins, so I need not worry about paying a hefty premium for these $$$$$ bags. I am happy to say that my bag/shawl collection is complete.
1.gif

Chantilly

Rough_Rock
In the USA, you can walk in to any boutique and if they have a birkin on the shelves, you can purchase one without forming any type of special relationship with the Sales Associates. That's how I got my Ostrich Birkin. And yes, it was $16,000. I also walked into another boutique and saw a Fuschia Ostrich HAC (a different version of the Birkin - has shorter handles and a slimmer, taller body but basically the same Birkin style) on the shelf just waiting for anyone to buy. I preferred the one I got so I didn't buy the Fuschia one. It was purchased a few days later by some lucky lady.

In some countries such as Singapore it is still difficult to find a Birkin in the Hermes Boutiques but with the economy the way it is, you can find many Birkins just by walking into a Hermes Boutique here in the USA. Or you can fly to Paris to the "Mothership" boutique and order one in the colors/leathers you like or fly to Japan and buy one of the many Birkins on the shelves as well.

In the US, a regular non-exotic leather Birkin is (sorry memory is fuzzy) around $6800 for 25 cm size, $8600 for 30 cm size, and $8900 for 35 cm size. In Paris I think with the exchange rate it is cheaper and in Japan it will be much more expensive.

If you really want one, any time you're near a Hermes Boutique, just walk in and you might just find one you like! And personally, I would never buy from a reseller because for that much money I wouldn't risk dealing with buying it sight unseen (authenticity concerns, questionable condition of handbag itself, return policy, and it might have been altered/dyed/used).

Good luck OP and hope that helps!
1.gif

PS. Yes, my Ostrich is absolutely HEAVENLY. The most beautiful thing I own (besides my jewelry, hehe). It is the perfect end all of handbags. Even my normally very frugal (read cheap) DH was jumping for joy that I found it and encouraged me to buy it. It also has retained if not risen in value! I've been offered $22K for it! But it's my ultimate bag so I said no. It'll be passed down to my grand-daughter.

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
I never saw this beauty before. Isn''t it a collective piece?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/4/2009 7:31:31 AM
Author: Christiana
The fuschia ostrich Birkin would be a special order from a Hermes store ( if you can even order it in the first place), you occasionally see them from resellers.

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 7:41:49 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 12/4/2009 7:31:31 AM
Author: Christiana
The fuschia ostrich Birkin would be a special order from a Hermes store ( if you can even order it in the first place), you occasionally see them from resellers.
Thank you for the information, Lorelei
1.gif
I love your signature, btw
2.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Love it! And ostrich is great - it lasts for ever.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you''re anywhere near the Madison Avenue store, they have a violet ostrich Birkin in the window - looks like it''s a size 35.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results