shape
carat
color
clarity

My proposal story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kyle25

Rough_Rock
I had been trying for so long to come up with the perfect proposal. I finally had settled on an idea and plans were in motion. Before I could execute the planned proposal, the perfect situation presented itself to me, and I knew this was it the moment and proposed on the spot.

Last night, after a night of errands we decided to drive through the Christmas lights display at a local park. In the middle of the display, there is a lake. We had spent a great summer day here on one or our earliest dates, so this made it even better. There were lights all around the lake and they were reflecting off the water. It was just beautiful. It was a clear night, but very, very cold. In spite of the cold weather, we decided to brave it and get a close look. We parked and walked across a beautiful walking bridge with lights on it went and huddled up on a bench to look. We sat for a bit and held each other close and it was then I knew that this is about as perfect a time as any. We sat and talked and cuddled for about 10 minutes, but she wanted to go back and stand on the bridge and look.

As we were walking back over the bridge I stopped and held her close. She had her back to me and I started telling her just how much I loved her. She turned to face me and kissed me and told me she loved me too. Then I said that these lights really make me think of love. I said the way they are so comforting, yet exciting and just make you feel warm and happy inside. Then I said that there is a big difference between our love and these lights. Eventually the lights will fade and burn out. But our love will only grow stronger and brighter. Then I got down on my knee and told her that nothing would make me happier then spending my life with you. Will you marry me? And she just broke down and said yes through the tears.

Thankfully I had been carrying the ring around with me all night. It was a special moment and I am happy it all went well. I think for me, not having it planned helped me not get so nervous. It was such a special moment and I think I inadvertently found the perfect proposal for us.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your proposal!
36.gif

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Great job Kyle! Congratulations!

Nice that you were prepared to take advantage of the opportunity.

Enjoy the engagement period before the wedding planning madness kicks in... if it hasn''t already.

Treefrog

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results