shape
carat
color
clarity

Puerto Vallarta All Inclusives

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
My hubby and I are looking into going to Puerto Vallarta for a few days in January, since we havent done the honeymoon thing yet. I have always wanted to try an all inclusive, so I was curious if any of you have recommendations for places you have been that you enjoyed. We are looking for a place that has some water activites available (kayaking, etc) and we are leaning towards adults only, but that part is not set in stone.

Thanks so much!:)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we loved PV. we stayed at Villa Premiere
http://www.premiereonline.com.mx/

about two years ago and a couple of our friends just went just 2 weeks ago and loved it. it's adults only and it's a boutique hotel, so it's smaller and more personal, not really resort style. the service was great, the rooms were comfortable, the staff was wonderful. i loved that their restaurant hotel had healthy breakfast meals, there was this amazing yogurt with kiwi and fruit puree and slivered almonds, omg it was so good. i had it almost every morning.

we walked into downtown almost every night, it's about 1/2 mile from the hotel to get into the heart of downtown so just a 10 min walk, and there is a spa on premises and 2 restaurants. there is an all inclusive package, but i calc'd out what we typically would eat and drink, because we would only typically eat breakfasts at the hotel, and maybe 1-2 dinners in a 7 day time period (we love to go out and explore and since it was all within walking distance we did), and drinks/lunch at the hotel pool did not add up to what we would pay for all inclusive so we didn't bother with it. and in the end it worked out great.

anyway, we looked at a bunch of hotels and we just loved VP. we would definitely return. i don't know if they have water activities though. they do have hammocks on the beach.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Never stayed at an all inclusive resort but I LOVE puerto vallerta. My grandparents bought a time share there YEARS ago (it actually just expired this year) so I''ve been there about six times.

Look into going parasailing and the canopy tours-basically zip lining through the forest(if you like heights). Two of my favorite things I''ve done there. You''ll have to post pictures if you go!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
You should check out Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa which used to be called The Camino Real Puerto Vallarta. My parents have stayed their multiple times and enjoyed it. Trip Advisor Link I don''t now how much you''re looking to spend, but I think they have rooms from anywhere around $500-1,000 a night.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure where you're flying from, but www.funjet.com often has some great AI packages to PV!

Have a wonderful time!

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/9/2009 11:59:22 AM
Author: Burberrygirl
You should check out Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa which used to be called The Camino Real Puerto Vallarta. My parents have stayed their multiple times and enjoyed it. Trip Advisor Link I don''t now how much you''re looking to spend, but I think they have rooms from anywhere around $500-1,000 a night.

stayed there. LOVED IT! it''s situated in a private cove between these two GORGEOUS cliffs and very private. service is great. as soon as we got there, the bellmen whisked away our luggage, we were given cool towels, ushered to a lounging area with champagne while the receptionist set up our room. they have 4-5 restaurants with a nice variety of foods. 3-4 bars, including a few swim-up, one on the beach under tiki umbrellas. some of the restaurants are open air on the beach. they have someone grilling on the beach in case you get the munchies and don''t want anything on the regular extensive pool service menu. two huge gorgeous pools. jacuzzi. the cruise ship like part was all the activities everyday (salsa lessons, water aeoribics, etc...) which we didn''t do because we were usually out and about the city or lounging on the beach or pool and events everynight (fiesta, a huge projector for movies set up by the pool, circus, beach party with fire pit and live band). our room was clean, roomy, GORGEOUS view (impossible not to have a gorgeous view though). all this was included in the package.

they do have water sports, but i can''t remember if that''s included. we did use the spa, which was extra, but the open air massage on the beach in a private cabana was HEAVEN and so worth it. and they also offer a photography service to take pictures on the beach, which we also did -- great memento. would totally go back to this resort if (when) we go back to PV. and we got a GREAT deal on expedia (happened to be up at 2 in the morning when the prices suddenly plummeted -- less than $300 a night all inclusive ($250-$280??) -- crazy deal -- snatched that baby up and never looked back!).

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for your suggestions so far! I am excited to check these places out.
I love zip lining Callisto - thanks for the reminder to look for that!

Lauren - Im flying from LAX.....going to check out that site today :)

That "Dreams" place sounds wonderful...so much to look at tonight...woo!

Thanks again everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results