shape
carat
color
clarity

Red opal? Fire opal? Yellow Opal? Oh brother...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

darlingdiva

Rough_Rock
Hi.

I was selling this at a craft show, I had it hanging on a chain with a couple of other items for $45 until one of my neighbors told me to put it away, that the opals were rare. I always thought all opals were the same. Oops!
20.gif
Can you help me identify these?

[Link removed by Moderator] Per forum policies, photos must be uploaded to Pricescope

I should add that when in its not in direct light it is yellowish with blue streaks with hint of pink. When it''s in sunlight the yellow fades and it''s more red with brilliant blues. I cant seem to capture all of the colors

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I hope that I am not raining on your parade, but if I had to guess, I would say that those were likely simulants. Are the backs of the settings open, or closed?

darlingdiva

Rough_Rock
They are open and when looking at them held to the light they are pink. I will take photos and upload.

My parade is short since I was selling the necklace for only $45, I really like it anyway :)

darlingdiva

Rough_Rock
I was able to get more images in a different light, softer light. Also the open back and a nice side view. These are more transparent than I thought, not totally but you can see dark shadows from the front when up to the light.

[Link removed by Moderator] Per forum policies, photos must be uploaded to Pricescope

LGK

Ideal_Rock
They look like faux to me, though hard to tell from fuzzy pics of course. The setting and necklace itself would tend to support that.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you please post your own pictures, instead of linking it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results