shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage eternity as e-ring. Ideas for matching wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I have a small vintage platinum 10-stone eternity band as my engagement ring and am having trouble finding a wedding band that matches the style but also the size.

Anyone had similar problems? Don''t have a pic yet bc camera batteries are dead.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear most of my vintage or antique pieces on their own because I don''t have anything that matches them and doesn''t detract.

Are you looking for a plain wedding band? Or something with stones? Another antique or something modern?

E-wedding bands carries various thicknesses of plain, modern bands if you want them to be the same width and height off the finger. Circa 1920s is good if you want a new ring in the antique style since finding the actual antique rings can take a lot of hunting. Or maybe something like this if you''re looking for another antique ring.

platinum vintage band from NYEJ.jpg

Thanks for your reply! I''ll check out E-wedding bands. I''m not necessarily looking for something vintage or anything with stones, just something that matches the size of my ring. I attached a bad picture of it (best I could do with a cell phone camera). My biggest trouble finding match right now is that it is so small -- which I LOVE.

vintageringwithminecutdiamonds.JPG

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I think vintage pieces really stand on their own, so I wouldn''t try to find anything to matchy. Just find another vintage band and place it next to your e-ring (which is lovely!) Whether it is a thin band, engraved, thick and encrusted, you have a lot of options! I would go into a few jewelry stores and just start trying things on with it. You''ll soon see what appeals to you. You might even find that two thin eternity bands look beautiful flanked around your ering. Some jewelry stores (not the chains) have an "estate" section where you might find something perfect.

Good Luck and be sure to post your ring when you find it!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
You might look at Van Craeynest wedding bands. They have some lovely, delicate die cast rings. (I'm horribly biased because I have one.) Here's their website.

My wedding band is the second one from the bottom in the stack of "bangle rings" pictured on the front page of "Collections". It's about 2mm wide, I think, maybe a little less.

There's also a (long) thread in Show Me the Ring with lots of lovely Van Craeynest rings that let you see how incredibly detailed and beautiful they are.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, actually most vintage e-rings were *meant* to be worn alone. I don't know if the idea was to wear the e-ring on your right hand and the w-band on the left, or what (and I probably should know that, lol). Since your e-ring *is* a band, it may be harder to find something to go with it, too... I would probably pick something fairly contrasting rather than matching.

If you can't find something that looks right you might have to go custom. There are a lot of places that make curved, delicate wedding bands though, so you might have some luck with good amount of searching.

http://www.antiqueengagementrings.com has some nice looking repro vintage wedding bands, including very thin ones. Prices seem OK. I have no idea what their quality is like however; it looks middle-of-the-road as far as engraving goes, but I'm very picky about that, I must admit.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
What about flanking your ring with 2 really thin bands? Pave, or plain? Could be interesting! I really like that band that Addy posted too.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 7:33:58 AM
Author: LittleGreyKitten

http://www.antiqueengagementrings.com has some nice looking repro vintage wedding bands, including very thin ones. Prices seem OK. I have no idea what their quality is like however; it looks middle-of-the-road as far as engraving goes, but I''m very picky about that, I must admit.

I own one of their settings and have often described it; if you do a search I''m sure you''ll find it. Basically they''re nice folks and inexpensive, but the workmanship is just decent, not great.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes antiqueengagementrings.com has true antique/vintage pieces. My wedding band (a ~50 yr eternity band) was a antique piece he had.

I also have a very thin (1.8 mm I believe) antique (inscription reads 10-20-34 on the inside) platinum band that I got off of ebay for like $80. I use it as a spacer, since the eternity band is a tad big and not sizable. It''s engraved w/ a wheat pattern I believe- but after 70+ yrs the engraving isn''t what it was originally I am sure.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s great on its own, but it could be lovely with a very thin plain or micropave band on either side IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results