shape
carat
color
clarity

Best "white" metal for intricate pave work??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I was reading over the platinum snobs thread and came up with a few more questions...

1. I did find this lovely engagement ring with a lot of pave'' set stones and it came in several metal options 14K white, 18K white or platinum...I keep hearing that pave'' work is best done in platinum...

2. How much " more" does platinum weigh? I have small fingers and I''ve tended to stray away from platinum unless the setting is very simple i.e. solitaire because it seems that most fancy pave set e-rings in platinum have too much weight to them.

3. If the e-ring has a pave'' band what is the best recommendation for a wedding band...if they fit flush the pave'' set stones will rub against each other so should the band/ring not fit flush? Plain band for a pave'' e-ring?

4. Nickel allergy? I don''t wear much jewelry at all and what I do wear tends to be yellow gold...how do you know if you have it?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results