shape
carat
color
clarity

You know you''re a true PS''er when....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 11:40:01 AM
Author: AdiS
Date: 11/21/2009 11:29:54 AM

Author: Smurfyimproved

You know you're a PSer when you tell your dh 'the funniest thing happened today!' and when he asks 'what was that' you always start the story with 'well on pricescope...' lol

Lol, I do that too!

OMG! Guilty here too!

Ok.... when you see a brightly sunny day while you're at work and can't wait to get home to take some fire shots before you loose the light!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 8:02:27 PM
Author: miraclesrule
Date: 11/21/2009 7:50:00 PM
Author: Haven
These are so funny, we should make a t-shirt.
I''ll be the first to go into your former dentist''s office with my t-shirt on.
31.gif
Hahahaha, that was too funny.
9.gif

I thought of another one:

When your DH just automatically sets the homepage to the Hangout thread on all the computers in the house. Including his own. AND, he did the same thing on my Blackberry when he set it up, I didn''t even have to ask!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if this has already been said but

You know you''re a true PSer when you bring in your ultrasonic to work to offer jewelry cleaning services to your coworkers.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when you wear a TOE RING !!
16.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2009 11:11:39 AM

Date: 11/21/2009 8:02:27 PM
Author: miraclesrule

Date: 11/21/2009 7:50:00 PM
These are so funny, we should make a t-shirt.
I''ll be the first to go into your former dentist''s office with my t-shirt on.
31.gif
Hahahaha, that was too funny.
9.gif

I thought of another one:

When your DH just automatically sets the homepage to the Hangout thread on all the computers in the house. Including his own. AND, he did the same thing on my Blackberry when he set it up, I didn''t even have to ask!
Aaawww! Mr. Haven is so sweet! Lucky you!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
You have caught yourself acting like you were texting but were really trying to get good cell pics of a passerby''s bling. Or, your neighbor still makes fun of you for the time they found you rolling around the lawn with a camera because you were trying to get just the right amount of fire gleaming off your e-ring.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
you have PS as an icon on your home screen on your iphone
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
.... when you are reading the last 40 pages of an intense page turner book on an airplane and you have to read every page twice because the spotlighting keeps sending rainbows at you and distracting you, making you wonder if you stop to stare at your precious of the people around you are going to think you''re nuts so you try to make your finger move nonchalantly while watching out of the corner of your eye, paying no attention to the words at all lol

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/23/2009 7:55:40 PM
Author: princessplease
you have PS as an icon on your home screen on your iphone
9.gif
Um ok I need this. How do I do it? Does PS have an app? (I''m so clueless)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Just go like you''re going to book mark the webpage, and something comes up that says "Add to homescreen", and volia!!! It''s not an app per se, just a shortcut so when I click on it, I am taken right to PS rather than my Safari homepage.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if it is because I am a PSer, but you know how they make different light bulbs...Some have yellow light, some have blue light, some have white light, etc.

I went to Home Depot and got all the different ones so that when I walk through the house into the different rooms my diamonds look different. That is my fave thing to do. Check it out in as many different lights as I can find.

Vancity

Shiny_Rock

When co-workers, on a regular basis, say to you:

"How come I can see your engagement ring sparkling from half way across the office? Why doesn''t mine do that?"

You smile slyly, and realize that months of acting like Rainman (yeah…gotta get the EC crown height just right…yeah...crown height just right...yeah) was all worth it

9.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
When you find yourself saying BMs and STDs out loud while wedding planning and it takes you a second to realize why people are looking at your with disgust!
6.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 8:12:30 AM
Author: princessplease
Just go like you''re going to book mark the webpage, and something comes up that says ''Add to homescreen'', and volia!!! It''s not an app per se, just a shortcut so when I click on it, I am taken right to PS rather than my Safari homepage.
Ooh I just did it! Thanks
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
You know you''re a true PS''er when....

You keep a bottle of contact lens solution handy - - not for your contacts, but for a quick diamond cleaner.

You ALWAYS keep your rings right side up on your finger, even if you spend all day ''fixin'' the twistin''.

You know EXACTLY which restaurants and stores make your diamonds look incredible.

You know precisely what hour of the day brings the most perfect late afternoon sun to set your diamonds on fire.
2.gif

aquasea

Rough_Rock
Trade
When your two year old son opens his toy laptop and says seriously, "I''m looking for a diamond for you, Mummy"
9.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 10:58:31 PM
Author: aquasea
When your two year old son opens his toy laptop and says seriously, ''I''m looking for a diamond for you, Mummy''
9.gif
OMG, too cute!!!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
When your SO says, "You''re looking at diamonds again?"... and 20 minutes later... "You''re STILL looking at diamonds?"... and the following day, "Didn''t you stare at those for 40 minutes yesterday?" Yes, sweetie, I did. And I''m gonna do it ''til the end of time.

+1 on directing e-ring shopping couples to the forums.

When you find yourself saying, "Oh... I have a friend with a gorgeous chunky cushion..." or "I have a friend with an M-colored diamond and it''s just stunning!" etc but by "friend" you mean PSer... and you just avoid mentioning that you don''t know the person IRL, because, well, I''d say many of us still know one another well, despite not having met!

You notice people staring at you, as you stare at your bling... and you could care less
11.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
... your jeweler looks at you funny when you rave about how you get direct sunlight on the driver''s side of your car on your way to and from work!

... you''ve burned your retinas more than once catching early morning sun on your stone the fire was just that blinding.

... when you find yourself offering diamond hunting services to ex-boyfriends who are looking for a stone to propose to their girlfriend

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 1:03:53 PM
Author: MagsyMay
When you find yourself saying BMs and STDs out loud while wedding planning and it takes you a second to realize why people are looking at your with disgust!
6.gif

ROTFL!

When you catch total strangers staring intently at your ring(s), and it happens ALL the time!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Ahahaha PinkysMom:

I do that PS "friends" thing all.the.time!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/21/2009 1:50:40 PM
Author: HVVS

When Todd Gray''s story about the trip to Tiffany''s sticks in you mind. And you laugh.
I missed this. Does anyone have a link or a key word besides "Tiffany''s"?

AGBF
34.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you buy a new phone based on how big PS shows up on the screen, and how quickly it downloads
31.gif

When you put off ordering your new Leon till you can lose just a few more pounds to maximize finger coverage, and so you wont have to get it re-sized.

When you want to stop and tell people looking at rings at Costco to do research first on PS.

When you have no problems telling the sales people at B & M''s that you bought your diamond online, no matter how much it bugs them!

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 9:01:19 AM
Author: AGBF

Date:

When Todd Gray's story about the trip to Tiffany's sticks in you mind. And you laugh.

I missed this. Does anyone have a link or a key word besides 'Tiffany's'?

AGBF

34.gif

It's in B&M jewelers

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/28/2009 7:08:55 AM

Date:
11/26/2009 9:01:19 AM
Author: AGBF

Date:

When Todd Gray''s story about the trip to Tiffany''s sticks in you mind. And you laugh.

I missed this. Does anyone have a link or a key word besides ''Tiffany''s''?

AGBF

It''s in B&M jewelers
Thanks, HVVS; I read the story. I found it a little frightening because it hit too close to home! I would not buy a diamond just because it was, "a Tiffany diamond", but I rely on the cert. (AGS or GIA) a great deal. Maybe I should be commenting in that thread, though, if it is still open, not here! Thank you for posting the link for me!

AGBF
34.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2009 2:33:56 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
when you wear a TOE RING !!
16.gif
or two.
3.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear, so many of these...

- I''m redoing a lot of my house at the moment and DH and I were looking for new lights for our hallway, bedroom and sitting-room. There were two choices and one cost twice the price of the other... the more expensive ones made my bling look great... guess what I bought at the store''s 20% off evening last week!
27.gif

- I probably know some of my PS ''friends'' way better than my RL friends.

- When you are in the OBs office and can''t help talking about charting, TTC, days post-O, CF etc and they look at you like you are from outer-space.

- When you are so disappointed at the lack of knowledge of people working in shops despite there often being gorgeous bling on display.
38.gif

- When you buy an antique ring with OECs and they start to explain that the hole you can see isn''t a fault and they look terrified when you ask them the colour grade.
31.gif

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
When you start not liking diamonds that have over a 57% table.

tonyc2387

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 12:15:32 PM
Author: Vancity
When co-workers, on a regular basis, say to you:
''How come I can see your engagement ring sparkling from half way across the office? Why doesn''t mine do that?''
You smile slyly, and realize that months of acting like Rainman (yeah...gotta get the EC crown height just right...yeah...crown height just right...yeah) was all worth it
9.gif

That is EXACTLY the effect I''ve been stressing over for the diamond I''m getting my intended. +1!!

I offer: When you''re curious about potential upgrades right after purchasing the original/upgrade... bonus points if you haven''t even gotten it yet!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results