shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Proposal Advice - Emergency!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

x95878

Rough_Rock
I am in a time crunch and a don''t know what to do here. I''ve been mulling over proposal ideas for months now. I have elements of the plan, but some of them conflict.

The main idea is this: I''ve taken our favorite movie, in which there is a matchmaker scene, and I''ve dubbed my name and her name in over those of the main characters in that scene. I''ll take her out on the town to a fancy restaurant and create a big build-up (this is kind of necessary because I bought her a nice dress to wear this night - and gave it to her already), followed by watching the movie at home and proposing during the dubbed part. That way, she''ll be anticipating the proposal during the early part of the night, but get it at the end during the movie, when she''ll least expect it.

The drawback to this plan is that it involves proposing at the end of the night. It will be late and there won''t be much time to celebrate. I''ve thought about showing her the movie on one night, and then proposing the next day a our favorite museum, but the movie will pretty much give it all away and it will be odd if I don''t go ahead and ask her right then.

Any thoughts on how I could make this work?

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
Why not make her breakfast, watch the movie during the day and then go out that night. If she asks just say something like it'll be late when you get home from dinner and you, or her, depending on who tires may not feel up for the movie.

ETA: it won't quite have the build up like you wanted but she'll feel like a million bucks in her pretty new dress and fancy new ring!
9.gif

x95878

Rough_Rock
That''s a great idea, thanks. I''m actually planning on signing us up for a 5K race that morning. She''s a runner and we''ve talked about training for a marathon together - I thought a race would show my commitment to helping her meet that goal.

...so we''d come back from the race, shower, then probably eat and watch the movie. I could propose during the movie, then we could go out for a nice meal and maybe a carriage ride.

Is it important to a girl to be dressed up and feel beautiful when she''s being proposed to? Because this scenario would more likely involve blue jeans or sweats.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 12:23:13 AM
Author: x95878

Is it important to a girl to be dressed up and feel beautiful when she''s being proposed to? Because this scenario would more likely involve blue jeans or sweats.

For many women that wouldn''t be a problem. But you know your girlfriend best...if your gut says she''d be fine with it she probably will! Good luck!!!

And PS: I think this is a good plan. Run, food, movie, dinner to celebrate.

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
I think you''ve got it all figured out. My guess is that she probably wont mind that she''s not all dressed up for the proposal, especially since she will have a pretty new dress to wear with her new bling at dinner.

Good luck!

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
Also, she will probably expect the proposal during dinner (due to the new dress) so it will be such a surprise when you do it before!

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 10:09:39 AM
Author: brown_eyes
Also, she will probably expect the proposal during dinner (due to the new dress) so it will be such a surprise when you do it before!
I agree! Let us know how it goes
1.gif

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
I also agree that doing it before is better than after. Yes, she may be surprised if you do it after, but that is because she has given up hope for the night and become disappointed. You don''t want her to sit through the dinner thinking "will he? won''t he?" If you have done it before, you will BOTH be able to enjoy the dinner and being engaged!

peterspixie

Shiny_Rock
I agree with the dinner after as a celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results