shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Make my Proposal Perfect

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aRnonymous

Rough_Rock
Trade
Me and my girlfriend recently moved apart from each other for school reasons, but in December I convinced her to come to an island in the Caribbean with me (which shall remain nameless since I am paranoid). The first day we land mid afternoon, so I am not planning anything special for this day, but for the second day I have quite the elaborate plan. This will be Christmas Eve.

The morning will begin by heading into town, grabbing a nice breakfast. At about 10:30 we'll be heading off on a boat to a private island for a beach day as well as swimming with dolphins in a private lagoon. I figured this would be a lot of fun, relaxing, and a great way to set the mood.

Now, this is where the fun starts. Everyone leaves the island at about 4 PM, while we will stay behind for another hour or so. At this point she should be confused. During this time we'll take some pictures (since she loves doing that) and it will give her a chance to change out of her beach clothes. At 5 PM I've chartered a private sailboat for us which is coming to the island to pick us up. We have about three hours on the boat cruising around the various islands. Included is a really nice dinner, decorations for the boat, etc.

Shortly after getting on the boat, maybe after having a glass of wine, my plan is to do the proposal (this will happen right before sunset or as the sun is setting). I'm currently learning to play our song on guitar (I've never played guitar in my life and she loves it when people know how to play), so I plan on telling her I've been practicing something that I wanted her to hear (I've arranged with the sailboat charter and they've already tracked down a guitar for me). So after playing/singing our song, I'll tell her a few sweet things (nothing too long, she doesn't like speeches), then drop down on one knee and pop the question. I know she would love a romantic proposal and definitely not a public one, so I think this will be perfect

I figure I can get the captain or boat hand to tape the thing using my camera, since I'll have to go inside to grab the guitar, I can ask him to do it then. I've also arranged for them to have our favorite wine and I've gone through the whole menu with them. I'm also thinking about having roses placed in our room for when we come back.

Am I missing anything? Can I improve anything?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds absolutely amazing. Wow.

The only possible "improvements" I could begin to suggest would be champagne and chocolate waiting in your room with the roses.

If possible, you should talk with the charter company and arrange the taping before hand. That way you don''t have to ask at the moment of the proposal.

Again -- WOW.
Your plan sounds unforgettable and wonderful.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, sounds great. Only thing I would add is maybe figure out how you and she will communicate the news to family and friends once she says yes--will you have wifi access, will you be able to text cheaper or call, etc. Bring Kleenex in a waterproof bag for the proposal. Unless she wants to blow her nose and wipe her face on her/your beach towel.
9.gif

aRnonymous

Rough_Rock
Trade
I did actually think about that. There is WiFi access at the hotel and I have Skype installed on my iPhone which lets me make calls anywhere cheaply

aRnonymous

Rough_Rock
Trade
Also thinking of surprising her with lingerie in the morning as an "early Christmas present". I want her to feel spoiled that day. Is this a good idea ladies?

peterspixie

Shiny_Rock
I would say yes! It''s wonderful!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results