shape
carat
color
clarity

My first colored stone purchase...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
from eBay no less!
1.gif
Was surfing around today looking for Greg's large tourm that I still have not found and came across these cuties...

Gemstone: Natural Green Tourmaline

Size: 6x3mm

Shape: Marquis

Weight: 1.21cts

Origin: Africa

So I figured for $12.50...I could take a chance!

1.gif
Won the auction....we'll see when they arrive!

I can see them set into a flower shaped necklace with a small .15c ACA as the center of the flower. Hmm.

2.gif
Someday soon maybe. Until then I can just admire them. Hope they are lovely!
1.gif

tourms.jpg

Uncle Marty

Rough_Rock
Hi Mara,
I have been a supplier of genuine gemstones to the jewelry trade over 25 years.
Please advise the color, size and shape of Tourmaline you would like to buy.
Shop anywhere but check with me before you buy.

Uncle Marty of course

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Mara: Very nice! How will you set them?!
9.gif
3.gif

Uncle Marty, I bought some stones from Creative Gem just recently and they arrived yesterday. What are some specs of the stone to know when buying in the future?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,

Congratulations
1.gif
I've been buying loose colored stones on eBay for a while now and I can tell you, it's A BLAST and VERY addicting! They're all so cheap so this makes for an affordable hobby (much more so than diamonds
2.gif
).

A flower necklace sounds fun!
9.gif

Michelle

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got my package a few days back and they are tiny but sweet! Very sparkly and beautiful with color. I am definitely thinking of them in a flower shaped necklace with a small .15c ACA as the center or similar. Yummy!
1.gif
Greg was intrigued by them as well, probably because they were so cheap..which means less strain on his wallet. Hehee.
rolleyes.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
They sound nice. I bought a pink spinel on Ebay once and was very satisfied with my purchase.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, very pretty Mara! I love green gems.

kpebbles

Shiny_Rock
mara,
those are some nice stones! who are you going to take your gems to to make your necklace? know any good jewelers in the bay area? just curious - i've been wanting to buy some loose stones online as well, but wouldn't know where to take it locally to get things done..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results