shape
carat
color
clarity

Perfume...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I say complete collection. I will be getting more of their scents, probably in mid fall and for Christmas
31.gif
31.gif

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade
I am not typically a perfume girl...I have so many bottles which have been spritzed once or twice (even if I adore the scent)...does that make me a collector???

I am working my way slowy but surely through the scents of CREED...currently wearing Acqua Fiorentina.

I own (and adore):

Fantasia de Fleurs, Fleurissimo, Fleurs de Bulgarie, Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie and Love in White - Ltd Edition

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so I have a new perfume on order or should I say perfumes, Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri, the parfum version and the Loukhoum flanker Eau Poudree. So I am looking forward to receiving this, it has been purchased unsniffed but has
had good reviews and the notes are some of my favourites, especially as I love powder.

Loukhoum is supposed to evoke, as the name implies, the food loukhoum - commonly known as turkish delight. It is said to be sweet with rose, jasmine, honey, almond, musk and powdery notes. The parfum is a more concentrated version of the original Loukhoum and the Eau Poudree is said to be an even more powdery version of this fragrance!

I will update when they arrive.....
27.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2009 8:48:49 AM
Author: Lorelei
Ok so I have a new perfume on order or should I say perfumes, Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri, the parfum version and the Loukhoum flanker Eau Poudree. So I am looking forward to receiving this, it has been purchased unsniffed but has
had good reviews and the notes are some of my favourites, especially as I love powder.

Loukhoum is supposed to evoke, as the name implies, the food loukhoum - commonly known as turkish delight. It is said to be sweet with rose, jasmine, honey, almond, musk and powdery notes. The parfum is a more concentrated version of the original Loukhoum and the Eau Poudree is said to be an even more powdery version of this fragrance!

I will update when they arrive.....
27.gif
HI:

Look forward to your review--the shop I knew that carried Mecheri no longer does....

Loved Creed Fleurissimo, but totally balked at the $295 price tag; almost choked actually...

Bought instead Lollia--Wish. $49.95 at the Pharmasave in Vancouver! Quite sweet and DH loves it too!

cheers--Sharon

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I am officially on a vanilla hunt. I''m not sure what vanillas are good? I''ve been doing a lot of TB lately and don''t want to use it all up (not that I can), any thoughts?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will keep you posted Sharon!! Fleurissimo is expensive and I hear it doesn't stick around long either which makes it worse.

Dfly, the Loukhoum is also vanilla based ( forgot to mention it) but it might be a bit powdery for you, but TPC sells samples if you want to try it.

You could try a sample of Teint de Neige from TPC, this is one of my main favourites, a vanilla musk but again it is powdery...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lorelei - I''ll go visit tonight
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2009 10:48:49 AM
Author: dragonfly411
I am officially on a vanilla hunt. I'm not sure what vanillas are good? I've been doing a lot of TB lately and don't want to use it all up (not that I can), any thoughts?
HI:

I suggest Hanae Mori. My "vanilla" scent go to, although I don't believe there is a drop of vanilla in it!

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2009 4:13:17 PM
Thanks Lorelei - I''ll go visit tonight
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
Hehehe! So did you do a li''l ordering????

Sharon the HM sounds intriguing....

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Not yet, had a rough night. I shall prevail tonight though!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
What I''m currently carrying in my purse: Weekend by Burberry

What''s at home:
Ralph by Ralph Lauren
Provocative by Elizabeth Arden
Lolita Lempicka (all time fave!)
Emporio Armani Night by Armani
Escada Signature by Escada

What''s on my wish list:
Blue by Ralph Lauren
Romance by Ralph Lauren
Amazing Grace by Philosophy

I''ve loved perfume for a long time .. I used to buy tons and tons of it, but never used it all, so I''ve cut down. I''m making myself buy the smaller bottle (1.7 oz or so), carry it in my purse, and not get a new one until that one runs out. However, the ones "at home" are for more sporadic use.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just tried the new Viktor & Rolf (they of Flowerbomb fame) perfume called Eau Mega. Beautiful light top note, but it doesn''t have too much staying power.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/20/2009 12:24:28 PM
Author: lilyfoot
What I''m currently carrying in my purse: Weekend by Burberry

What''s at home:
Ralph by Ralph Lauren
Provocative by Elizabeth Arden
Lolita Lempicka (all time fave!)
Emporio Armani Night by Armani
Escada Signature by Escada

What''s on my wish list:
Blue by Ralph Lauren
Romance by Ralph Lauren
Amazing Grace by Philosophy

I''ve loved perfume for a long time .. I used to buy tons and tons of it, but never used it all, so I''ve cut down. I''m making myself buy the smaller bottle (1.7 oz or so), carry it in my purse, and not get a new one until that one runs out. However, the ones ''at home'' are for more sporadic use.
Lily thats a good list! I recently bought some of the original Lauren, it still smells good even after all these years, I compared it with some vintage Lauren and it still compares favourably.

SDL, that sounds kinda interesting....Whats it like?

MB - don''t you hate that when a perfume doesn''t last?
emotion-39.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - I''m going to TPC at lunch, any other suggestions whilst I am there? For Vanillas? or spicy smells (like pumpkin spice style spicy?). I want things that make me think of winter. In TB again today.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
TB seems to be my best friend here lately. It really is the most divine perfume ever I think.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2009 11:38:23 AM
Lorelei - I''m going to TPC at lunch, any other suggestions whilst I am there? For Vanillas? or spicy smells (like pumpkin spice style spicy?). I want things that make me think of winter. In TB again today.
Try Brandy, its apparently a very " Fallish" fragrance and was inspired by a palomino horse - how can you go wrong??

Also try Habanita by Molinard.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/23/2009 2:14:51 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 10/22/2009 8:20:18 AM
Author: Lorelei

Lily thats a good list! I recently bought some of the original Lauren, it still smells good even after all these years, I compared it with some vintage Lauren and it still compares favourably.

SDL, that sounds kinda interesting....Whats it like?

MB - don''t you hate that when a perfume doesn''t last?
emotion-39.gif
Its sweet, with a touch of citrus.. kind of like smelling orange or grapefruit and flowers.. its hard to explain but its heavenly.
HI:

I got big splash of citrus! Kinda reminded me of Hermes--Mediterranean (?)....

cheers--Sharon

E B

Ideal_Rock
Can anyone recommend a new scent for me? I quite like what I wore on my wedding day:

SHI by Alfred Sung is a luminous floral fragrance reflecting a true sense of calm and well-being. The initial impression of water lily and fig leaves infuse Shi with pure clarity, while the midnotes of orange blossom and frangipani create an aura of feminine tranquility. A unique water musks accord breathes a whisper of softness around silver birch ending the cycle with a renewing calm.

(from perfumania.com)

...but the staying power is meh. I''d like something similar that lasts longer. Any ideas? Help is VERY appreciated!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/26/2009 6:19:20 PM
Author: EBree
Can anyone recommend a new scent for me? I quite like what I wore on my wedding day:

SHI by Alfred Sung is a luminous floral fragrance reflecting a true sense of calm and well-being. The initial impression of water lily and fig leaves infuse Shi with pure clarity, while the midnotes of orange blossom and frangipani create an aura of feminine tranquility. A unique water musks accord breathes a whisper of softness around silver birch ending the cycle with a renewing calm.

(from perfumania.com)

...but the staying power is meh. I''d like something similar that lasts longer. Any ideas? Help is VERY appreciated!
Hi Ebree!

If you like florals here are some you could try.

Fleurissimo by Creed ( www.theperfumedcourt.com ) sell samples of most perfumes so you could try in advance to see what you like.

Estee Lauder Pleasures has good staying power, the original Pleasures and various flankers might be worth trying.

How does the Shi smell to you Ebree? What stands out from it that you like in particular? If you could let us know then we can suggest some more which might suit you.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I bought Lacoste Inspiration today .. mmmm
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for the links and suggestions, Lorelei! I''ll check them out. I''ve also read good things about Marc Jacobs (by Marc Jacobs), so I''m going to test that one out too.

TBH, it''s been so long since I''ve worn it, but I remember I liked its floral scent- soft, not too sweet. I like clean florals, nothing too deep or serious. Light (and somewhat casual), but with good staying power.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2009 10:55:26 PM
Author: EBree
Thank you so much for the links and suggestions, Lorelei! I'll check them out. I've also read good things about Marc Jacobs (by Marc Jacobs), so I'm going to test that one out too.

TBH, it's been so long since I've worn it, but I remember I liked its floral scent- soft, not too sweet. I like clean florals, nothing too deep or serious. Light (and somewhat casual), but with good staying power.
You are welcome my dear!

Ok florals, there are lots that might suit you so here are some more suggestions. Also remember not to judge a fragrance until you have worn it for about an hour, sometimes the top notes can be very loud and deceptive.

Some suggestions;

Lola also by Marc Jacobs
Happy by Clinique
Diorissimo by Christian Dior ( lily of the valley)
Vent Vert by Balmain
Tresor by Lancome
Pretty by Elizabeth Arden
Jivago 24k by Illana Jivago ( DiamondFan and I love that one, she got me into this perfume as a matter of fact)
Caroline Herrera ( the fragrance is of the same name I think)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Estee Lauder Private Collection Gardenia is a great floral!!!!!!

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
What a great thread! I am so happy to see other Jo Malone fans - I LOVE it! I am currently wearing Nectarine Blossom and Honey and I am nuts over it. I also have the Lime Basil and Mandarin and love that too.

Heidi137

Shiny_Rock
I think J''adore is a great long-lasting floral.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2009 12:43:20 PM
Author: Heidi137
I think J''adore is a great long-lasting floral.
Another is Champs Elysees by Guerlain, just remembered that one.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven''t seen Vent Vert anywhere for years.
James Bond fans: this was the scent he preferred women to wear.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my go-to faves:

Dior Addict
Armani Code for her
30.gif

Donna Karan Cashmere Mist
Hanae Mori
Burberry Brit

Men seem to just love these. I have gotten numerous compliments.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
I''m very picky about perfumes as they tend to make me sick if they are too sweet, too strong, too flowery, pretty much too anything.

I''m the kind of person that has to put the perfume on in a store, go shopping for two hours and if I don''t hate the smell after that I will go buy it... which has only happened once in about 4 years so I''ve been exclusively wearing:

Calvin Klein Euphoria

And i got a great deal on it on Amazon so it wasn''t even that expensive, which is always nice.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2009 12:06:01 PM
Author: Callisto
I''m very picky about perfumes as they tend to make me sick if they are too sweet, too strong, too flowery, pretty much too anything.

I''m the kind of person that has to put the perfume on in a store, go shopping for two hours and if I don''t hate the smell after that I will go buy it... which has only happened once in about 4 years so I''ve been exclusively wearing:

Calvin Klein Euphoria

And i got a great deal on it on Amazon so it wasn''t even that expensive, which is always nice.
Thats a good method Callisto, too many folk judge too quickly, the top notes wear off within a few minutes of a fragrance, what is more important are the middle and basenotes, those are what you are left with once a fragrance dies down, so important to give a perfume time on your skin to get an accurate idea of suitability.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results