shape
carat
color
clarity

Brian Gavin Signature Modern Cushion Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/9/2009 5:39:42 AM
Author: swedish bean
I think my problem with it, is that it reminds me too much of a princess cut with rounded edges, and I''m not googly-eyed about princess cuts (though, I don''t mind them on other people, just indifferent I guess)
Yes, now that you mention it, it does sort of look like a princess cut with softened edges!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Having seen one in person I can say it''s a stunner IRL. It''s not the chunky ones that some people love here-but it sure is gorgeous in its own right.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking it''s the photo.

I like chunky cushions too. But oddly, I don''t LOVE them. My cushion actually probably looks more like this one...not as princessy looking, but maybe it''s the way this is being photographed. So I agree, we need to see video!

I''ll bet it performs well!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
what an amazing ring, perfection
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

CdnGirl

Rough_Rock
It''s a nice looking diamond but I agree that it looks a bit like a princess cut. It''s the chunky cushions that really make my heart pitter patter!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really don't like princess cuts and I didn't think this one looked like one IRL. I think it's just the photo. It really looked like a modern cushion (like mine or TGal's).

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I''d love to see more pictures of this cut.

I have never liked Princess cuts and this new cut does not (to me) remind me of a Princess Cut.
I always disliked that "X" in a Princess cut. Brian''s new cut doesn''t seem to exhibit that - at least not a whole lot
in this picture.

Gosh, I''d love to have this cut in a pair of haloed dangle earrings - yum.

311Hokie

Rough_Rock
Brian had a few of these new modern cut cushions made. Here is a picture from a different angle of the slightly smaller (1.2 H SI1) cushion that is actually the middle of the 3 you see in the picture on the blog. I''m having it set in Brian''s "Novela" setting and can''t wait!

pic26515616.JPG

311Hokie

Rough_Rock
And here it is straight on

When I get it in a few weeks, I''ll do my best to try and do some video as well so everyone can see how it performs. According to Brian and others who have seen it in person, it is stunning

pic16514615.JPG

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
311Hokie, that looks gorgeous. I can''t wait to see it set in the ring!

I don''t think these cushions look like princess cuts at all. I think they''re beautiful versions of a modern cushion. I can''t wait to see video!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I love BGD H&A but I must say I am not loving this either. I love cushions that are more feminine and softer for both modern and the "antique" cuts. This cushion looks and feels very strong .. I just can''t think of another way to describe it.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks different once set. I also think that doing two thinner claw like prongs that are spaced apart a tiny bit on each corner would show the round corners and would help it to not look like a princess cut.

BrianGavinSigModCushSet.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 1:14:20 AM
Author: neatfreak
I really don't like princess cuts and I didn't think this one looked like one IRL. I think it's just the photo. It really looked like a modern cushion (like mine or TGal's).
I think you're right NF. Judging from the new pics, that's the case. Yours, mine and Moremoremore's all sort of fall into this category of cushions.

ETA, I think it's because we bought ours during the time when Mark T's ex/ex cushions were high on the list of desirable stones. The cushions popular on PS now don't have the precision symmetry that some people were looking for back then (circa 2005-2006).

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TGal, can you post a link to the thread about your cushion? I don''t remember what it looks like and I''d love to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results