shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have an usual ring holder or plan on getting one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katomm

Shiny_Rock
I''m looking for something unusual to hold my rings after we get married. I can''t use a bowl, we have 5 cats and they would love to play with the rings if they just sat somewhere so I need something a little cat proof if you will for the bathroom and kitchen counters.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just saw this due to your engagement ring thread (congrats btw!) and it''s something that I''ve thought about. We have two dogs and one has a big fluffy tail that knocks everything over. I actually put my rings in a cushioned cardboard box next to the bed. It sounds not that cool, but I have a couple of them, one in dupioni silk that held a Christmas ornament and one that is silver and covered in beads, and was a gift from my aunt who claims it''s an antique. They both have lids that fit snugly. Perhaps you could try something like that?

I am guessing you didn''t get any answers earlier because most ladies here have diamonds and don''t take them off, or put them in their ring boxes at night. I only take mine off because they are gemstones...and I have about ten of them.
3.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i never thought about that for the wedding bands! my ring i usually keep on me (bad, i know) but i do have a glass jewelry box in my bathroom, that stays in a drawer, when i shower (can you tell i am paranoid about our drains?)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
yup, my nephew is certainly unusual
hardy har har lol
sorry couldnt resist :)
35.gif

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I have a plain glass ring holder in the kitchen for when I am cooking or cleaning up, but that wouldn''t work with cats...

I have a velvet box in my master bath for some of my nicer jewelry, but the master bedroom is off limits to pets and children.

Is it possible to make your room off limits even to the pets or is that not an option?

My only other suggestion is to get a ring box or something similar and use a nightstand drawer or the top drawer in your armoire to store it.

Good Luck!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I usually sleep with my e-ring on, but when I do take it off I usually put it in the fireproof safe or a ceramic candle holder that I have on my dresser. Last night I took it off when we were in bed (hate getting lotion in it and was giving fi a back massage), forgot to put it back on, and was freaking this morning because I forgot I wasn''t wearing it!
20.gif

I''ve only had my ring for a few days, so I''m still in the brand-new stage.
9.gif

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i was just keeping mine on top of the dresser (we''re a feline free household
3.gif
) then one of my best friends recently got engaged too. she came over & gave me this little ring bowl. it''s white ceramic but has the foam form to stick the ring into, like you would find inside a ring box (hope that is making sense!), then on the outside it says "bling, bling...i got the ring"
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
. totally silly, but cute, and it''s super functional!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I use this for my jewelry when I''m traveling - would this work? Link

It''s pretty secure and nicely padded inside so if your cats drop bat it around, as long as it doesn''t open, your rings should be ok.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Brown.Eyed.Girl this travel case is tres chic and practical too! Thanks for sharing it.

Mine, stays within the ring box. Only, I''m a sap and the ring box has a card board box to protect it, and yes I kept that too. If I''m in a rush, I just lay my ring on-top of the little wooden ring box, inside the cardboard box and put the lid on. It makes me feel like I''ve done the least I could to "put it away".
28.gif
It''s a little lame, I know.

It looks like the ring sized box here:

Wooden_Box_C3_134.jpg

peterspixie

Shiny_Rock
All great ideas for when or if I ever get mine! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results