shape
carat
color
clarity

From Raw Stone to Ring- Journey of a Tiffany Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I did a quick search and didn''''t see this posted yet. Forgive me if it already has been discussed!

My DH just sent me this link:

From Raw Stone to Ring - Tiffany Diamond Story

It profiles the journey of a Tiffany RB diamond from rough to cut and polished finished stone. They show a screen shot of their diamond analysis software and being the nerd that I am I stuck those angles into the HCA. It got a 2.4 and just barely missed the AGS0 range.

In that same screen shot they show the acceptable ranges for a "Tiffany Quality" diamond. What do you guys think of this?

To me, this just verifies what I felt from the beginning of our engagement ring search- I love the Tiffany styles but I wasn''''t willing to pay an inflated price when I knew I could get a better cut stone elsewhere, for less.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I will likely never own a Tiffany diamond (just can''t bring myself to pay so much when I could get better elsewhere, like you), but I LOVE looking at those raw diamonds! Anyone notice the one in the bottom row middle that looks pink?
30.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
THanks for posting! That was a fun article! (I love pictures!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results