shape
carat
color
clarity

Alexander Sepkus Jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone here bought Alexander Sepkus jewelry?

I saw his ad in the Sunday New York Times Magazine section. WOWZERS!

Love it! He clearly enjoys working with colored gemstones---tsavorites, different color sapphires, tourmalines, Mali garnet, etc.

I am trying to come up with thinly disguised rationales to justify buying something, LOL.

Anyone here bought from this line before? He has a great website.

Thanks!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I should say that part of my hesitation to buy comes from buying my own loose gemstones---I''m not crazy about the markup on mounted gemstones and the cut and quality of those gemstones is frequently not what I would buy in a loose stone.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
StonieGrl! I totally understand. This is about my favorite piece of IRL jewelry in the entire world. Or, I should say, that I''ve ever seen. Its amazingly beautiful and sparkly in real life and the detail is exquisite. But I know what you mean. The markup seems crazy! I would love for that to one day be my engagement ring, but knowing what those stones probably cost, how do you justify that? Of course, its about the work that goes into it.

So long story short, if you ever decide to do it, can I babysit? Is there one particular piece you''re lusting over?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 9:31:28 PM
Author: Novel
StonieGrl! I totally understand. This is about my favorite piece of IRL jewelry in the entire world. Or, I should say, that I've ever seen. Its amazingly beautiful and sparkly in real life and the detail is exquisite. But I know what you mean. The markup seems crazy! I would love for that to one day be my engagement ring, but knowing what those stones probably cost, how do you justify that? Of course, its about the work that goes into it.

So long story short, if you ever decide to do it, can I babysit? Is there one particular piece you're lusting over?

Here is the photo Novel! Great ring but WOW
6.gif
what a price tag! it is over 4k!!!!

novelsparkas.jpg

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 9:54:37 PM
Author: Sarahbear621
Date: 10/20/2009 9:31:28 PM

Author: Novel

StonieGrl! I totally understand. This is about my favorite piece of IRL jewelry in the entire world. Or, I should say, that I''ve ever seen. Its amazingly beautiful and sparkly in real life and the detail is exquisite. But I know what you mean. The markup seems crazy! I would love for that to one day be my engagement ring, but knowing what those stones probably cost, how do you justify that? Of course, its about the work that goes into it.

So long story short, if you ever decide to do it, can I babysit? Is there one particular piece you''re lusting over?

Here is the photo Novel! Great ring but WOW
6.gif
what a price tag! it is over 4k!!!!

Thanks for posting the photo, Sarah! I know, crazy price, right? The detail IRL is impressive and the sparkle is somewhat blinding, but still. I don''t know how I would justify that! I have to tell you, I have tried to come up with changes I could make to make me feel like having it done custom would be reasonable and not terrible copyright infringement!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I was in a jewelry store in SF last April that had a lot of Alex Sepkus pieces. His settings are phenominally gorgeous with a price to match. The store seemed to indicate to me that other stones could be put into Sepkus'' settings but I do not know that for a fact.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
You can absolutely buy Sepkus semi mounts, the rings that have bezel set stones in the center. I love that we could do that! Can''t you just see a lucious intensely colored stone in one of his 18k yellow gold settings, or something like pale like an aquamarine? Shiver!

I did notice prices between 10k and 15k for the completed rings with large-ish center stones such as a Mali garnet, a tourmaline.

Like a lot of high-end retail jewelers, he uses a lot of less expensive gemstones like tourmaline, amethyst, lesser garnets and just ratchets that price right up. David Yurman does that too, QUARTZ for $5k, yikes.

But I love this Sepkus jewelry. Good thing I can''t see it in person, I would buy it I know.

I like the orchard series, the tsavorites and different colored sapphires. You could definitely babysit, Novel, we can''t wear ALL our sparklies at one, right? Well unless we don''t care what other people say, right?!?!?

Thanks for posting the pics from his site, Sarahbear, I am having a terrible time figuring out how to post pics here. I plan to do a thread search this weekend on posting pics, I know we have one.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Stonie, I love the orchard series, too. Its actually that one (above) that I''d want as an ering (unusual, I know) but I suppose they don''t sell that as a semi-mount! His bezel set one stone rings are tdf, though. Mmm, sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results