shape
carat
color
clarity

which of these two GOG OMCs? Help me please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aquasea

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone, it''s Mr Aquasea here. I have hijacked my wife''s account in order to ask you impressive bunch which of these two diamonds you think I should go for. I am hoping that my wife won''t see this for at least a week so I will have time to make up my mind and buy the diamond! I want to buy her a special gift as a thank you for having our two beautiful babies. She is the best mother and wife in the world and when the going gets tough (think screaming children, covered in baby vomit etc etc!) I want her to be able to look down at her hand and remember that she is appreciated.
So, with all that out of the way, these are the two stones I am thinking of. I am pretty much a complete novice at this so I really would value your thoughts.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6384/

http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/6210

Thanks a lot.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi and welcome! Are you sure it isn''t just a little dangerous using HER account to ask this question????
23.gif

But assuming you''re removing the computer for the next week, I''ll take a shot at answering!

I like the shape of the L stone better, but it is a little smaller than the K and it appears a little warmer. Obviously, the K is one color grade higher but it is a lower clarity.

Honestly, I think it is a toss-up. They are both gorgeous and I think she''d be thrilled with either one!

aquasea

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Diamondseeker. Thank you so much for the reply. I think I prefer the shape of the L too. I guess if there is not much between them then I might as well go for the shape. I liked the idea of getting her an (almost!) 1.5 carat stone but I wasn''t sure how much I should be bothered by the clarity issue. I don''t think one colour grade is going to make much of a difference.

Using her account is indeed a risk but a fairly small one. She doesn''t have much time for anything at the moment. I doubt she''ll find out. Worst that can happen is she finds out I am trying to buy her a diamond...not such a bad thing to find out!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I like the L :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2009 10:28:09 PM
Author:aquasea
Hi everyone, it's Mr Aquasea here. I have hijacked my wife's account in order to ask you impressive bunch which of these two diamonds you think I should go for. I am hoping that my wife won't see this for at least a week so I will have time to make up my mind and buy the diamond! I want to buy her a special gift as a thank you for having our two beautiful babies. She is the best mother and wife in the world and when the going gets tough (think screaming children, covered in baby vomit etc etc!) I want her to be able to look down at her hand and remember that she is appreciated.
So, with all that out of the way, these are the two stones I am thinking of. I am pretty much a complete novice at this so I really would value your thoughts.

Thanks a lot.

I will just fix the links then take a look

They are both beautiful, I don't think you can go wrong with either and what a lovely reason to buy this diamond for her!!! i must say I am also slightly partial to the L also.

aquasea

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much for the responses Charmypoo and Lorelei(and thanks for making the links clickable). So far no one has picked the K so I think I am going to go with your advice and go for the L. I was leaning towards it anyway but I got a little seduced by the extra size in the K. Perhaps size isn''t everything afterall
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2009 12:38:50 PM
Author: aquasea
Thank you so much for the responses Charmypoo and Lorelei(and thanks for making the links clickable). So far no one has picked the K so I think I am going to go with your advice and go for the L. I was leaning towards it anyway but I got a little seduced by the extra size in the K. Perhaps size isn''t everything afterall
2.gif
You are most welcome! I don''t think you can make a wrong decision in buying either, if you think your wife might prefer the extra size then you could go with the K, there is just something about the L that draws me but I know both would be incredibly beautiful diamonds
30.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Aaaah...that is why thankfully there are diamonds for everyone!

I actually prefer the K because of the shape!! (and, of course, size!)
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2009 2:51:36 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love

31.gif
LOL!!
9.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2009 2:51:36 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love

31.gif
Another K lover here...love the shape!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto the K love! I think I may be more inclined to like the K because if it''s size, as others have said. I think both stones have lovely shape.The K looks a touch more oblong and whether that''s good or bad is up to you. Either way I''m sure you''ll get a winner.

aquasea

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks so much for all the responses. I have done it! I pulled that trigger. I went for the 1.27 L. I have transferred the money and everything! I am excited but nervous. I have never even seen an L coloured diamond in my life and this is being shipped to Australia so if my wife doesn''t like it I can''t really send it back because I''ll have to pay around 16% in import taxes and I wouldn''t get this back.

I feel like I have blindly put my faith into GOG. I would never normally do something like this but I was definitely swayed by all the glowing reports of them on this website. I guess I would have liked some reassurance from Jonathan but I didn''t get to communicate with him. I dealt with Sarah and unfortunately I think my questions irritated her no end. I suppose they''re busy and they do hundreds of transactions like this every day and so don''t have the time to hold every hand through evey purchase... but oh, I would have liked some hand holding! Oh well, hopefully the diamond will be as beautiful as I imagine and my wife will be thrilled. Fingers crossed...

hihowareyou

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I''m sure she will love it!

I (I should say my partner) didn''t get to communicate with Jonathan or get a lot of ''hand holding'' either but overall the experience was great and the diamond.. well it is just amazing.

I *think* you might be able to get your taxes back if you return the diamond but it is probably a bit of a hassle and you would lose the initial shipping cost and have to pay shipping and insurance on its way back. I highly doubt that your wife would want to return it though!

Have you seen the photos in the show me the ring forum of other GOG OMCs in lower colours? They are all so beautiful I think any woman would be over the moon receiving one.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your purchase! I am sure you will be happy with your purchase. I recently purchsed a E VS1 OMC from GOG too. It was very scary transferring that amount of money - it''s like you have no idea where it is going.

I am sorry you felt that Sarah was annoyed with your questions - I suspect it could just be the difficulties associated with communicating over the internet. I definetly think you should provide them with the feedback so they can improve on their services. I worked directly with Jon and I found him very patient - I have never seen anyone love diamonds and love the business as much as he does. I am a pretty annoying customer (very picky and won''t stop until I get exactly what I want) and he was able to put up with me.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!! I know you will be delighted!!! Just enjoy the anticipation, GOG are a great vendor and you can have confidence that Jon wants all his customers to be happy, should you NOT be for any reason he will work willingly with you to make things right but I don't think that will be necessary!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I think you and your wife will absolutely love, love the GOG OMC. I have a GOG OMC. It is an N 1.5 and it was the third stone that we bought. The first was a not so good cut radiant from blue nile (pre- PS time), it was an F and the second was a cushion, an I from GOG (but not one of his August Vintage) and by far the GOG signature OMC wins hands down. The brilliance, the fire and sparkle in real life is awesome. My husband was giving up hope of ever finding me a stone that I would be happy with or even satisfied with (especially since getting too well informed on PS
9.gif
) but when he saw the GOG signature OMC, he was absolutely floored and could tell the difference in cut quality compared to the other stones. He is happy (now
9.gif
) that we did not settle.

aquasea

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much everyone. I feel so much better. It''s good to know that I can get the hand holding here that I didn''t get with GOG
9.gif
Reading all your posts I am starting to feel more excited than nervous. I guess maybe I was expecting a lot having read all the brilliant reviews on Pricescope. I would love to have got Jonathan''s thoughts on the stone I purchased as he seems to be "the daddy" when it comes to the stones but nevermind, I suppose he must have approved it for their lifetime guarantee so it must pass his standards. When I asked for Jonathan''s input, Sarah said she would speak for him. I am sure she can but I don''t know of her! Anyway, all the pictures of the other GOG OMCs I have seen look incredible and everyone seems very happy with their stones so I''ll just have to trust that this stone will be just as beautiful.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
If it helps, Jon babies and looks at every single stone in his signature collection. He makes sure each one is cut to perfection so you will he loves each and every one of them. We are here to support you :)

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
That is a gorgeous stone, I''m so excited for you and your wife. I KNOW you won''t be disappointed, it is just lovely!

aquasea

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks, Charmypoo, it does help! The support is much appreciated. I feel better and better all the time! (I sound like a recovering addict!)

Collee

Shiny_Rock
i am sure the stone will be GORGEOUS but if you are having doubts and want reassurance, email jon. he is very quick with replying to emails. he hand selects the stones so i am SURE that he has given your beauty a 3 thumbs up. if not, he would have rejected the stone and not offered it in his inventory.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I agree 100% with the others... that stone will be beautiful, and you can be assured that Jon gave it his personal stamp of approval or it wouldn''t have been for sale by GOG!

EGADS, those stones are gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
, I think you (and especially your lucky wife!) are going to be DELIGHTED! Can''t wait to hear!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2009 7:57:22 PM
Author: Collee
i am sure the stone will be GORGEOUS but if you are having doubts and want reassurance, email jon. he is very quick with replying to emails. he hand selects the stones so i am SURE that he has given your beauty a 3 thumbs up. if not, he would have rejected the stone and not offered it in his inventory.
Absolutely right, drop him a line and he will reply quickly - he screens these diamonds with the utmost of care and you can bet if it didn''t meet his standards in anyway he wouldn''t allow it to represent his name!

aquasea

Rough_Rock
Trade
I am writing a quick note before I head off to work. Thank you all so much for your reassurance on this diamond. It arrived yesterday and it is mind blowing!! Unbelievable. I was suposed to wait until the weekend to give it to her but I couldn''t! My wife is over the moon. I have no doubt she''ll be posting pictures of her ring as soon as she has a chance. Thank you all again. This is Mr Aquasea signing out
35.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL... just reading this thread for the first time. A pleasure to make our acquaintance aquasea.
5.gif

I assure you my daughter Sarah is patient as well as having a great sense of humor.
37.gif
She is mastering the email thing (and keeps on top of it) as I have her handling the brunt of the incoming while dad here works more on the creative side for now.
9.gif

She knows if she gives any attitude the paddle isn''t too far away. muahaha
41.gif
She has now been working with our family business for a couple of years and I have taken her under my wing as my padawan (as the rest of my net staff) and I teach and show them exactly what I think and why I think it in matters of diamonds and business. My staff is a quick study.
34.gif

When she says she can give you what she knows I would say you can totally trust her. If there is ever any doubt she comes to me and asks me since we both work together and right across the room from each other.

I do know your diamond quite intimately too as I do all our signature diamonds (and especially those in our August Vintage line) but now you have seen it for yourself and more than anything we are happy that you and your fiance are happy aquasea.

From all of us here at GOG, and especially Sarah we thank you and wish you all the best.
36.gif

aquasea

Rough_Rock
Trade
Well, hey, it''s The Daddy himself! (In more ways than one it turns out. I had no idea Sarah is your daughter!) I just can''t thank you guys enough. The diamond is spectacular. I was worried about the L colour but I need not have been. It''s just a beautiful, beautiful stone. I am very glad I took that leap of faith and trusted what I''d read about you on these boards. It''s a nerve-wracking thing buying diamonds over the internet (especially from another hemisphere!) but it was surprisingly quick and easy. Anyway, I am happy to say that your stellar reputation is very well deserved. Your legion of fans has just added two more Australian members
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results