shape
carat
color
clarity

Whats a good width for Men''s wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Obsessed

Shiny_Rock
Now my fiancee and I are movin on to the next debate... what should my wedding band width be? 4.5mm or 6mm? I am pretty short in height and my finger size is about 7.5. My fiancee thinks I should go with the thinner one because of my size.... I tried it on and it looked too feminine for my taste. When I tried on the thicker one, I thought it looked hefty and masculine... but my fiancee thinks my hands are too small for it? What do your hubbies or yourself(if youre the man) wear? What is really considered a normal width for the groom? Is 6mm the the thickest around, or am I still being conservative with the whole masculine look? I don't want any diamonds on my band, so the only way to 'dress it up' for me is to go for a 'in your face' band.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny Q !

This got me thinking hard of what are the men arroud wearing... and it could well be that, from what I remember, the vast majority either weren't wearing anythig or some efaced, thin (3-5mm), usually yellow band. There were a couple of memorable signet rings among the same crowd and ONE wide (maybe over 10mm) white band with stryking engraving.

The sample could be strongly biased though: these guys are mostly politicians, public sector officials and consultants, 30 to 80 years old
sad.gif
Could this be a parallel universe?
eek.gif

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
I like 5 to 7 mm width. More tan that seems to be to bulky and any less to wimpy.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Obsessed, my friend just got her hubby-to-be a nice 4mm platinum comfort fit wedding band from Blue Nile, which closely mirrored the Tiffany's he was eyeing (but didn't want to spend $800 on) He also has a 7.5 finger size and he is about 5' 8" or 5' 9"....

http://www.bluenile.com/product_catalog.asp?catid=127&oid=2618&track=c2m2&elem=more&mod=basic

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
the 4mm is $525 in Platinum

4mmcomfort.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Here's the 5mm in comparison, but ME personally, at your finger size, wouldn't go over a 5...I think it looks too much for a finger, but that's just me. I go for simple and classic...

Have you seen the squarer looking plat bands that look more "rugged"?

5mm.jpg

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
It also depends on the curvature. The rings pictured above are fairly thick. My most common men's size I make is 6mm wide, but they are not curved quite as much, so don't appear quite as bulky.

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
Here's one in 6mm with a little bit lower profile.

whitegoldband.jpg

Obsessed

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your input.... hmmmm, so I wasn't being so unreasonable to think that the 4.5mm was a little bit wimpy. I am so used to seeing what Bruce Willis was wearing in DieHard, as well as Ed Harris in the Abyss. Although, I'm not Willis or Harris, those are the type of guys I like to see myself as
9.gif

Nicrez,
thanks again for your responsiveness to my questions. I did see the bluenile platinum bands and think that they are very nice. But the Lucida band has a decidedly more heftier proportions. Plus the premium is only $200 over the blue nile band... which I believe is nothing compared to the premium I paid for the e-ring... Plus she shouldn't be the only one sporting Tiffany's, right? But seriously, if the blue nile band looked the same as the Lucida band, I could care less about the name(Infact, my friends will probably make fun of me
3.gif
for wearing a T&Co ring. But I do think it looks better. I'll post pictures... let me know what everyone thinks.

Obsessed

Shiny_Rock
This is the 6mm....

14764771_xl.jpg

Obsessed

Shiny_Rock
And the 4.5mm...

14762949_xl.jpg

Obsessed

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 3/7/2004 12:48:03 AM eyesoftexas wrote:

I like 5 to 7 mm width. More tan that seems to be to bulky and any less to wimpy.----------------

EST,
I totally agree with you... althouh i should be looking for something closer to 5 than 7 since I have small hands. Are you looking to get a band like one of the rings above? I know you got your wife a Lucida.... congratulations! I share a very similar experience at T&Co. If I remember correctly, you were shopping for an upgrade for your wife... than I guess you already have a wedding band.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
My husband, who's no wimp, thank you very much, wears a 3 mm beveled platinum ring on his size 11 finger. It looks beautiful on him--strong and simple.

(I wear the same ring on my size 6.5 finger. It looks fine on me, but better on him--he has much nicer hands than I do.)

We tried on pretty much every single ring in New York City before settling on these. He's a designer, and he's picky.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results