shape
carat
color
clarity

long overdue pictures of my lotus

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
First, I apologize for taking such a ridiculously long time to get pictures up. This project started in June as a birthday present from my fiance. I contacted Sally (Heart of Water Jewels,) then she and I worked through the kinks of exactly what it was I was looking for in this ring. She found a lovely and quirky star ruby that I just adore. It has some flaws but I love it. I went with Sally''s suggestion for yellow gold, and as for the N/S vs. E/W orientation, I told her to suprise me- whatever way would show off the gem best. I finally recieved the ring in September after missing it in the mail as I was moving. Luckily I had it sent to my mom''s house for this very reason, so she picked it up for me and babysat. Two weeks later, my FI came to visit and brought along with him my birthday present! I was soooooo excited to finally see it and be able to wear it.

I tried taking pictures so I could post right away- but, my camera hates me so no pictures were any good. As I was waiting to borrow a better camera, I was hit with a few very personal hurdles which also postponed my little photo shoot.

Well, now that I''ve finally found time to take pictures- I hope you enjoy the few good ones I was able to get out of about a hundred or so, lol

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ruby-star-in-a-heart-of-water-lotus.122502/ (thread from when the balance listing was posted)

(my pics to follow)

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
It came in a very nice box, this is the ringresting in the lid- I had a heck of a time trying to photograph the ring with my stupid camera, but this pose seemed to work, lol

KASrubystar1.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
there are going to be a lot of profile pics...
9.gif

KASrubystar2.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
...borrowing my sapphire gem box, why? b/c my camera didn''t like taking pictures of the ring in its own box
38.gif

KASrubystar3.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
with my mandala avatar
1.gif

KASrubystar4.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
handshot...

on the wrong hand and wrong finger, lol. usually I wear it on my right hand. sometimes it fits on my ring finger, other times the middle- depends on the weather

KASrubystar5.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
showing its color really well (in the other ones my apartment lighting is really doing nothing for it
15.gif
)

you can also see one leg from the star. It has really nice long legs i my opinion, and the star moves around quite nicely-- the spot lighting in some of my lecture halls is so much fun with this gem
11.gif

KASrubystar6.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
one more handshot...

KASrubystar7.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
so there you have it!

Isn''t she a beauty? She has so much personality, if the star is hiding, the gem has this really great silky quality to it. When the star is out-- oh my goodness gracious! STUNNING! (if I do say so myself, lol) in the ''lecture hall spot lighting'' what is really fun, is that I''ll see more than one star
31.gif

It''s like a meteor shower at sunset...
30.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it is stunning!!!! ooohhhh I love the color and the ring is just perfect for your gem
36.gif

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Looks amazing! Is this is the original lotus setting or a modified one?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks amazing! Well worth the wait Kas!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kas, it is beautiful. I love the lotus setting.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, finally. It''s great to be able to capture a strong leg of the star on camera.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a great looking ring Kas. Personally I like going into Tiffany''s and checking my rings out.
10.gif
If I could carry that type of lighting with me everwhere it would be great!

-A

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
What a beauty, Kas!!!! I was wondering what this pretty was going to look like IRL...I love it!!!!
30.gif

Lori

SB621

Ideal_Rock
oh that is very nice!!!!! I love your ruby! Happy belated birthday!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Glad to finally see real life pictures. The ruby is beautiful, love the color.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. After seeing all the lovely lotus rings I might have to get one for myself.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Thank yous to:
D&T (the ruby in the yellow gold is soooo rich. It''s amazing how it turned out- I barely noticed the wonky shape when I first looked at it!)
LamborghiniGirl (the original is for round cabs, but they''re expanding to lots of different shapes now- all of them are very nice in my opinion)
packrat (I''m certainly glad it was worth the wait, they did a great job on it)
Linda W (the setting definitely captured me, it''s so graceful)
Chrono (I know- finally!
20.gif
lol. I was really pleased to capture even the one leg, the star just seems to dance around the stone, its a lot of fun chasing it in the light)
Arcadian (The closest tiffany''s is a very long ways away... but worth the drive
31.gif
)
loriken214 (I''m glad it turned out so well, hopefully my pictures did it justice)
sarahbear (thanks for the birthday wishes)
ltlfirecracker (I know, I took forever to get them posted
5.gif
)
princessplease (I certainly think so
30.gif
)
and oddoneout (I would definitely suggest it as I''m thinking about getting another myself! lol)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks lovely!

Be careful, these lotus rings can be addictive
27.gif

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty. Thanks for sharing!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very nice ring, it's one of the most interesting lotus ring around.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I am still so enamored with that setting- it is so dainty and delicate. It looks great with your ruby.

And haha about lectures... I know about distracting pretties during lecture all too well
3.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!! That turned out very very very well. The stone looks lovely and of course the setting suits the stone very well.

Happy Belated Birthday and Enjoy it!!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
thanks again!

MTG: oh man, don''t I know it! I''m already making plans for the next one
27.gif

AustenNut: everyone always has such great pictures for me to drool over- I''m glad I was able to return the favor
Lovinggems: aww, shucks! That''s very sweet of you to say- there are soooo many gorgeous lotus''
icekid: lol, I was sad b/c I forgot to wear it to physics lecture today
14.gif
- at least I had my sapphire band to keep me company
Stone Hunter: thank you for the birthday wishes! I too am still amazed at how well the setting hugs the stone

I''m glad you guys enjoyed the pictures
9.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I''m late to this thread, but what a beautiful ring, Kas! That ruby star is just mesmerizing. Could you please post the measurements of the ruby and your ring size? I have my eye on a star, but am worried it might be too small.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Kay! stars are just gorgeous aren''t they?
30.gif

the ruby measures 7.3 mm by 5.5 mm, weighs 1.58 carats, and is set E/W

the ring is a size 6.25, but my finger was feeling a bit ''chubby'' when I took the pictures, but I think it gives a good idea of what it looks like on the hand- hope this helps!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really lovely
1.gif

The colour is perfect for your skin
9.gif
and the setting, of course, is gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results