shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress fitting #1 (tons of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Soooo, a lot has been going on...I lost my engagement ring on Tuesday late at night...and it''s been pretty consuming and I''m pretty devastated about it...

But! I had to share my first dress fitting pics with the girls here, since I absolutely love love love seeing everyone else''s so much.

I''m going to be honest--I''m having issues with the dress. I am really second guessing the bow, and although it is physically possible to have it removed, I think my mother would keel over if I even suggested it--she loves it so much. Plus, the bow does have a lot to do with the design of the gown...

The other issue is, of course, that I''ve lost a bunch of weight since I bought the dress (last November!), so it is very pinned up here--maybe it will seem more flattering when it finally fits me.

So...here we go! Be honest...is the bow just terrible?

DSC_0237esq-1.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Suffice it to say that I changed my mind about wearing gold shoes--here are the ones I chose...

DSC_0227esq-1.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
From the side...

DSC_0283esq-1.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
you can see how much was pinned here...I feel very wide in the dress, and I think probably a lot of that is due to the fact that it''s too big...

DSC_0304esq-1.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
here you can see the brooch I found to attach to the dress...I especially like it because it has little "B"s (my new last name starts with a B )
4.gif

DSC_0316esq-1.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the pinned-up bustle--I like it!

DSC_0334esq-1.JPG

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I love the dress and I am sure you will feel fabulous when it fit''s you right.

I am not a huge fan of the bow (just personal preference) but I think it would look great maybe with just the brooch and not the bow too? Worth a try if you are not set on the bow.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
I plan on wearing my grandmother''s earrings...

untitledesq1-1.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
but, I''m not really liking the earrings with the necklace I planned on wearing...my mom thinks a strand of pearls would be better, but I''m not sure about that...what do you think?

DSC_0299esq-1.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a pic my friend took of my necklace, my grandmother''s wedding ring (which I think I''ll wear that day), and my ::sob:: lost engagement ring
15.gif

DSC_0329esq-1.JPG

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I love it!! Love love love. The bow has to stay, it's what makes the dress unique, IMO.

You might be posting the necklace right now, because I can't really tell what it looks like from the pic you have.

ETA: Now that you posted the necklace, I like them together. You seem like a simple kinda girl, and both pieces flow with that.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
::sigh:: you can really see my engagement ring twisting on there...so tragically loose...

please, if your ring is loose on you--PLEASE PLEASE GET IT RESIZED!
14.gif

Okay, that''s all for now....let me know what you think about the jewelry!
35.gif

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I think a strand of pearls would look beautiful with your gown...it has a soft look about it and pearls would totally compliment it!

And I love the broach on the bow...very nice touch!

Bummer about your e-ring! Hope you had insurance!
6.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Man I am absolutely sick over you''re lost ring! I am so sorry about that!

On to happy things... You look stunning in that gown and I think you have great taste! I''d like to think that if I had gotten a non-mermaid gown it would look just like that. :)

As for the bow- I personally could take it or leave it. It''s pretty but if you feel like you could look back at your wedding pics and have it jump out at you in a bad way then I would look into removing it.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock

Alli - I am so so sorry to hear about your ring!

As for the dress, I can definitely relate to having doubts about the dress during your fittings. I lost about 20 pounds after I ordered my dress aaaannnd I cried during/after my first and second fitting because I hated how I looked in the dress! Looking back it was because of the ''wings'' that I had where they pinned it on the sides and at my final fitting and on my wedding day I couldn''t be happier with my dress.

I can see why you are feeling like it makes you look wide, but I promise it is because of the wings! If you look at the second pic you posted you look teeny tiny! (Congrats on losing weight btw!) and I totally love the bow too!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I loooove it. Love the bow, love the brooch. Love the whole thing.

You look gorgeous!

ETA: So sorry to hear about your ring.
8.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry about your ring Alli!
8.gif
I hope hope hope you find it!

You look beautiful in your dress even with it not properly fitted yet! I think your jewelry selections compliment the look perfectly. I can't wait to see it all come together.

And btw, you should be a hand model with those beautiful hands of yours!!
21.gif

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i''m so sorry about your ring. was it insured?

your dress looks fabulous, but it is way too big! good job on losing so much! you look wonderful! i don''t think you are getting an accurate image of you in your gown---i mean it is pinned a lot on both sides! you will look so great in it when the alterations are complete.

i love the neckline, love the bow, love the skirt. the dress is just really gorgeous! can''t wait to see you with some more alterations!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your dress-the bow has to stay-it''s fab. The jewellery looks great too.

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
I love both the bow and the brooch, and I think your dress will look even more amazing once it has been altered to fit your tiny new frame :) Can''t wait to see the final results, and I hope your lost ring is either replaced or found soon.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
your dress is GORGEOUS. i see how you are having a hard time visualizing everything with the way it''s pinned but once it fits you, you are going to be an absolute knockout. the fullness of the skirt is beautiful on you and shows off your teeny waist! i say wait until the next fitting before deciding on the bow. it''s too hard to tell now how it''ll all come together since it is so big on you.

soooo sorry about your ring though.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
First of all...you did drop a ton of weight and I love that dress on you. I''ve been waiting to see it. I love the brooch and the bow. That dress really needs the bow. Someone I know recently wore that dress however she had the bow removed and had a new one added in pink. It was totally her style but not something I would suggest. I say, leave the bow and the brooch.

Secondly, my ring does that. Luckily I''m married and I''ve been wearing my band on the outside to protect myself from losing my ring. I''m so sorry that happened to you and I hope that it is insured.

Love it, love it, love it!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Alli, your dress is spectacular! I say leave it as is. As for the bridal jewelry, either option would look nice, but if you end up with pearls, I think the smaller the pearls are, the better. LOVE the shoes and everything else!

I remember reading about your e-ring; I''m so sorry it''s lost. Thankfully you have insurance.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
The dress looks incredible on you!!!! I am so sorry that you lost your ring. ::HUGS::

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I think you will look stunning once the dress fits you right!

I like the bow, i think it makes the dress. If you removed it, i think the dress will become quite plain.
2.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry about your ering - I''m sure that is a heartbreaking loss. I always keep my fingers crossed for lost objects magically turning up!

The dress looks wonderful on you. I love your grandmother''s earrings and have to agree with your mother about the pearls. I think they would show up more than the necklace. You have wonderful bone structure and lots of room for a strand of pearls - would look gorgeous IMO!

You will make a beautiful bride - the ering will be replaced one way or another - and it will be on to the wedding!

gls

Shiny_Rock
What an amazing dress!! oh my goodness I think thats one of the nicest ones Ive seen. May I ask who it is by?
Im sorry to hear about your engagement ring, hope it pops up somewhere or you had it insured.
All the very best

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
The dress is very pretty and I''m sure it''ll look 100% perfect once you have it taken in. (it does look too big)
I''m so sorry to hear about your ring!
7.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Love everything as is. Yes, the dress is currently way too big, but once it fits, oh-la-la! You will look amazing.

I am so sorry about your ring.
7.gif

I love everything!! The bow, really, doesn''t bother me. I like that you added something to it as well.

You are going to make such a beautiful bride :D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results