shape
carat
color
clarity

Insured Mail

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
What happens if your insured package containing valuables (e.g. ring) gets lost?

Does the post office pay you back? And how do they know how much to pay you back exactly?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you have to declare a value for the item, If lost/stolen, then they would reimburse you for the value you stated and paid the fees for.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
thanks D&T, that''s everything I needed to know :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2009 9:33:34 AM
Author: cindygenit
thanks D&T, that''s everything I needed to know :)
Added to what D said I believe you need undisputed evidence of the value of what you were mailing, is this Australian postage Cindy?

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, this is Australia Post.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Would a courier service automatically have insurance?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2009 9:20:33 AM
Author: D&T
you have to declare a value for the item, If lost/stolen, then they would reimburse you for the value you stated and paid the fees for.
you''ll have a hell of a time getting a big claim from the USPS. they''ll fight you to death.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I''m in Canada and FEDEX won''t insure jewellery above $500. Apparently Brinks does, but I don''t have details.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
i *think* packages can have insurance/extra cover but you have to pay extra for that... i think Australia Post charges 1 dollar per 100 dollars of the goods'' value, but they can only cover up to 5000 dollars.

I think Fedex/USPS may have the same service too. Otherwise, how are Aussie PSers meant to get their rings from the US? lol

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 2:34:10 AM
i *think* packages can have insurance/extra cover but you have to pay extra for that... i think Australia Post charges 1 dollar per 100 dollars of the goods'' value, but they can only cover up to 5000 dollars.

I think Fedex/USPS may have the same service too. Otherwise, how are Aussie PSers meant to get their rings from the US? lol

Cindy, just fyi you will pay abit more than that for insurance with Aust Post - trust me!

It''s different as businesses have commercial accounts with Fedex and so can negotiate arrangements that individuals like you and I cannot.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 9:24:03 AM
Author: arjunajane
Date: 10/14/2009 2:34:10 AM

Cindy, just fyi you will pay abit more than that for insurance with Aust Post - trust me!

It''s different as businesses have commercial accounts with Fedex and so can negotiate arrangements that individuals like you and I cannot.

6.gif
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results