shape
carat
color
clarity

I never ask for dust, but....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I lost my job on Wednesday here in MN. It came as a huge shock. I had 2 hours of work left, and at 4:30, I packed my desk in a trash bag. No one else knew, the rest of the department found out in an emergency meeting the next day.

On a separate note, I was supposed to hear from a job interview in Omaha this week, but haven''t. They emailed me Wednesday night with a promising sounding note, said they would get back to me on Friday. It was the only thing holding me together. But today I got no such phone call. I am praying they just had some difficulty getting a hold of my references.

So I am abruptly moving next weekend down to Omaha. No sense in staying here to collect unemployment! It will be easier to job search. But not so easy packing up my whole life and leaving my home state and all my friends on such short notice. So if you have read this far, I am asking for some dust.

Dust that I get this job and they call me back on Monday.
Dust that my unemployment quote stays with the estimation I was given online and the next step in filing goes smoothly.
Dust that FI recovers from his surgery quickly and without any more difficulty. (Yeah I didn''t even mention the surgery)
Dust the move is easy and we get the apt we really love.

But mostly dust for this job, it would be the answer to our prayers right now. Thank you all for listening and the wonderful PS support!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/10/2009 1:39:13 AM
Author:ilovesparkles
I lost my job on Wednesday here in MN. It came as a huge shock. I had 2 hours of work left, and at 4:30, I packed my desk in a trash bag. No one else knew, the rest of the department found out in an emergency meeting the next day.

On a separate note, I was supposed to hear from a job interview in Omaha this week, but haven''t. They emailed me Wednesday night with a promising sounding note, said they would get back to me on Friday. It was the only thing holding me together. But today I got no such phone call. I am praying they just had some difficulty getting a hold of my references.

So I am abruptly moving next weekend down to Omaha. No sense in staying here to collect unemployment! It will be easier to job search. But not so easy packing up my whole life and leaving my home state and all my friends on such short notice. So if you have read this far, I am asking for some dust.

Dust that I get this job and they call me back on Monday.
Dust that my unemployment quote stays with the estimation I was given online and the next step in filing goes smoothly.
Dust that FI recovers from his surgery quickly and without any more difficulty. (Yeah I didn''t even mention the surgery)
Dust the move is easy and we get the apt we really love.

But mostly dust for this job, it would be the answer to our prayers right now. Thank you all for listening and the wonderful PS support!
Oh my gosh, sparkles! I''m so sorry to hear about all of this
39.gif
! I am def sending TRUCKLOADS of dust and prayers your way. For all of the above.. especially the job and your fiance''s speedy recovery.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Oh sparkles that is just soooo much to be going through right now!!

I am sending as much dust as i possibly can from my end of the world.. i hope you will hear good news on monday about the job!!

*****************************************DUST*********************************************************

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Dusting you like crazy - things will start looking up soon :)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a lot to have going on at the same time. Sorry. I am sending you tons of dust.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Sending you truck loads of dust that you will find something soon. Keep your chin up!!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Sparkles, you are going through a lot of hardship. I really hope you get this job.

****DUST****

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Lots and lots and lots and lots of ~~~***~~~***~~~DUST~~~***~~~***~~~

(((((HUGS))))) to you, too.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
DUST!!!! Wishing you the best!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear that ilovesparkles. Sending you boatloads of ****DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST****!!!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Sparkles, I'm sorry to hear of all this! Believe it or not, I was just thinking about you last night! I was wishing I lived in a big city so I could attend a PS GTG and I thought, "I wonder if there are any PSers in the Midwest/IA/MN/NE area?... Oh yeah, ilovesparkles is in MN and she seems totally cool!"

Sorry to get off topic, but I just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you before you needed dust and I'll continue to think about you and send some good job vibes and dust up north to you!

****DUST****
****DUST****
****DUST****
****DUST****
****DUST****

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for all the negative happenings, but tons of DUST for some wonderful news. You deserve it, lady... Keep your chin up. Things will turn around for you.

Thinking of you, ilovesparkles
5.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending bucket loads of dust to you!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so very very much! It sounds weird, but when I am depressed like this, and its so hard to talk to friends because it only seems to upset me more; finding support from an online forum is really helpful. So once again, thank you from the bottom of my heart! I may be a bit in the next few weeks with the move, but please know I cherish all of your well wishes!

Thank you! Thank you!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry about all this. I can understand why you''re stressed. I hope things get better.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
* * * * * Soooooo much DUSTY DUST for you!!!! * * * * *

Totally feel for you...layoffs are super hard, even if you know they are coming, even if you know deep down it is for the best - that was my case when I went through one, and I was suprised at how difficult it was even so, and how much it affected me.

I hope everything works out well for you.

I will be facing a layoff as soon as this Friday...but, possibly the week after. We have been told that this is when we should expect an announcement. So, just know that you are not alone. (But, I''m actually really wishing for the layoff...really NEED to make a change.)

* * * * * MORE DUST * * * * *

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
ILS, I''m sending you much dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
::HUGS::

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry sparkles! Sending you lots of dust! I hope you like Omaha and everything works out great for you there! (I''m only a couple hours away!!)

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Major dust!
7.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this ilovesparkles! Big time dust coming your way!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
{{{Lots and lots of job dust (and just dust in general) for you}}}

Keep us posted

Steel

Ideal_Rock
What a terrible shock.
6.gif

Best wishes for you and your FI and extra good luck that you get that job.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch right now! Dust to you and your FI! I am not exactly sure how these things works because I have never relocated while having a ''real'' job, but if you were about to leave anyway, maybe it is for the best that you will be getting unemployment rather than nothing? Just trying to look on the bright side a little bit....

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
First off....{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Now....***********DUST DUST DUST**************

Good luck to you and hope your FI gets well soon!!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
oh sparkles, that is a lot to deal with. i will be thinking of you!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I wish I had the time to thank you all personally! Unfortunately, I don''t. I spent the day packing with my father. He is going to come the next two days and do it some more. Hopefully, we will get it all done in that time. And ugh, I am getting anxious about tomorrow. I want to hear back from that job!

Again, thank you ladies! I will certainly let you know when I hear something. I pray all your thoughts, prayers, and PS dust will bring me luck! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend and have a good week!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results