shape
carat
color
clarity

Summer ''10 brides-how''s it coming along?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I figured since it''s now fall, it''d be a good time for updates. Some of us are 8 months out! What do you have done, and what''s left to do? What wedding plans are you working on during the rest of the year?

Done:
-Venue booked
-Ceremony site and officiant (a friend) booked (same place as reception)
-Dress bought
-Shoes/jewelry/veil/accessories bought
-Make up artist booked
-DJ booked
-BM''s dresses picked out (narrowed down to two; we''ll be going to try them on in January)
-STD''s sent, invites picked out
-Registries created
-Photographer booked
-WB''s picked, will be bought around Christmas
-Hotels picked (block will be made in January since the hotels only book 6 months out)
-Honeymoon locale picked out, will be booked in February due to finances (we''re using our tax returns for the honeymoon)
-All music selections picked (first dance, BP intro, mother/son, father/daughter, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc) for reception and ceremony
-Favors are most likely going to be handmade seed packets, but that''s up in the air right now
-GM and groom attire picked out
-Bachlorette/bach party location picked
-Addresses gathered
-Many DIY projects (cake topper, reserved for family signs for ceremony, signature drink cards, maps to reception location, Mr and Mrs chair signs for the reception location, aisle runner)

For us, we finalized the cake with the baker a few weeks ago (just have to email her the picture). Consultation with florists is next weekend. FIL''s are coming up as well to see the venue (they live in NC, and haven''t been up to see the venue yet). Sometime this month, mom and I are going to pick out her dress. We''re waiting on a call back from a local hotel for block prices. BM''s dress shopping is scheduled for January. I''m also going to order all of the stationary then, too (invites, placecards, pocketfolds). We''re going to put a deposit down before Christmas for my WB, which will be custom made. FI has to make his final decision on what WB he likes. Hair and makeup trials will be scheduled in December (my stylist does not have her ''10 books yet). I still have to figure out BM accessories, and will be writing the ceremony during winter break from school.

So where are you? Typing out what''s left is making me overwhelmed, lol!!!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh! Don''t remind me it''s coming up so fast! I still need to book a photographer. :-/

Things done so far:

-Booked venue & ceremony site
-Booked caterer
-Booked officiant
-Bought wedding gown
-Bought suit for FI
-Booked hair & makeup appointments for me & bridesmaids
-Bought bridesmaids dresses
-Wedding bands Bought
-Hotel blocked
-Most music selections picked (FI still needs his mother/son song)

Still to do:
-Book a photographer. Seriously. I REALLY need FI to stop dallying on this and pick one with me so we can get engagement photos taken for our STDs.
-Finish wedding website. It''s mostly done in terms of layout and design, so really we just need to get the domain name registered and upload it.
-Register. We have at least figured out WHERE we''re registering, but haven''t actually done it yet.
-Figure out honeymoon plans. We had them figured out but it was hampered by a friend scheduling her wedding right after ours, so we''re scaling back and doing the big trip next year. We have a general idea, but need to start booking hotels & whatnot.
-Decide on cake vendor. We have several that we''re considering, so we just need to meet with them in the next month or two and get that sorted.
-Figure out flowers. Haven''t even started on this yet.
-Figure out invite list. It''s still a little bit nebulous. Also, get addresses for people we don''t have them for.
-Figure out shoes/jewelry/veil/accessories for me
-Rent speakers for the reception & finish making playlist
-Book classical guitarist or string quartet for ceremony & cocktail hour
-Figure out favors
-Figure out what groomsmen are wearing
-Buy shoes for FI
-Work on stationary--my sisters are artists and have volunteered to do the invites, stds, placecards, etc. so I just need to sit down with them and start working on it.

Anything glaring that I''m missing?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
LP- You reminded me about the HM....not done yet....
40.gif
Where to is still up in the air!

We're waiting until the beginning of next year to book (for financial purposes), so that's a huge, looming stress.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any huge updates since it looks like our last thread was 9-17...but here is some updated stuff!

Wedding = June 26, 2010

DONE>>>
Church - booked
Reception venue - booked
Dress - purchased (arriving on Nov 27)
Photographer - booked
DJ - booked
Colors + bridal party - chosen
Premarital sessions - complete
BM dresses - going shopping this Saturday
Honeymoon - booked (!!)

WORKING ON>>>
wedding band designer - met with once, need to have final meeting
Engagement photos - being taken on Oct 25
Honeymoon flights - flight times chosen, need to reserve.
Invites - chosen. Still working on a few DIY add ons.
Centerpieces - chosen. Began practicing sample.
Guest list - 90% finalized. Some more addresses to gather.
Chair covers - going to show room Oct 24, hopefully put down deposit.

TO DO>>>
Reserve limo - December
Send STDs - December or January
Florist - spoke with our florist, she said we''ll meet in January.
Cake (baker chosen) - January
Register (BBB, William Sonoma)...Jan-Feb
Tuxes - December, January
Room decorations - after first of year
Accessories/shoes - need to get working on this!!
Small things like design programs, buy unity candle, etc.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
wow...you guys are putting me to shame! i thought i was ahead of the game but you guys are good!!

7.31.2010. here''s where i''m at.

done:
-venue
-band
-rabbi
-photographer
-videographer
-my dress (which sadly, i''m second guessing and i''ve been abnormally anxious about it...feeling like it might be too plain ugh!)
-flowers
-ceremony songs picked out (acoustic guitar playing ''in my life'' and ''here there and everywhere'' and probably ''how sweet it is'' for the recessional)

in progress:
-bridesmaid dresses - 10/24
-engagement photos - 10/23
-STDs - doing ourselves (FI went to art school thank goodness b/c I''m DIY challenged). These are being mailed at the end of the month or early Nov.
-hotel block...finalizing in the next week or so
-first dance song. my fave part of the whole wedding.

to do:
-honeymoon
-grooms tux
-invitations
-moh dress
-jr. bm dress
-mob dress
-hair makeup booking

yikes. lots more to do. but this month i have 3 weddings and work is crazy so i will have to pick up on wedding planning next month!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results