shape
carat
color
clarity

What are people throwing at you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
After the ceremony is done I mean
2.gif

Our church does not allow us to use real flower petals, glitter or rice. I am contemplating bubbles but am worried it will stain the material on the dress
32.gif
as it''s main fabric is satin. What will you be handing out for guests to throw/blow/chuck at you :)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Kisses and love. Hahaha I don''t want anything hurled at me.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
im considering sparklers particularly since when we leave the church it will be dark outside :) I found a site that has pretty reasonable prices, im just concerned about the kiddos that will be there?

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
We didn''t have anything, because it didn''t work for us logistically, but one vote for sparklers! I think they make the absolute coolest pictures! Someone on my local board did biodegradable confetti. Maybe that is an option?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Friends of mine did white sprinkles. I thought that was pretty sweet. (Sorry, couldn''t resist the pun...)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2009 2:51:13 PM
Author: vc10um
Friends of mine did white sprinkles. I thought that was pretty sweet. (Sorry, couldn''t resist the pun...)

lol some friends of mine did that too and im a little ashamed that i ate all my sprinkles before i could toss them hahaha

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Our church wouldn''t let us have any sort of ''refuse'' (petals, confetti, sprinkles, rice, etc). I thought about sparklers but my friend told me they went to a wedding and a bunch of people got little burns from them. I think sparklers are great for small weddings, but not huge ones where lots of people have burning sticks waving in the air. I then thought about pinwheels or streamers, but eventually we went with kazoos!! They were super fun and really cheap, everyone LOVED them and we''d never seen that before. They ended up kazooing our college fight song as we ran out, which was really fun. Just another alternative for you!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Sparkles would look great Smurfy. They would make great pics too.

We are using real rose petals as that''s basically what the chapel will allow. I think they make for beautiful pics though

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i guess my mom already got bubbles haha so bubbles it is! hope it doesnt stain but im sure i could find something to get it out online that i could have on hand just in case :)

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
maybe you could try out the bubbles on a remnant from your alterations to see if it stains. You could be worrying for no reason.
1.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
31.gif
money!!!

tee hee. sadly nothing due to the venue location.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
LOL Ummm nothing i hope!!!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I will be having white frangipani flowers in paper cones for guest to throw. (the flowers, not the cones).

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/8/2009 11:18:35 PM
Author: cindygenit
LOL Ummm nothing i hope!!!
Me too - although if a few uninvited guests show up you never know.....
9.gif

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/8/2009 10:40:54 PM
Author: jcarlylew
31.gif
money!!!

i want that too!!! haha... hopefully they throw the paper-kind and not coins! *ouch*
3.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 10:29:05 AM
Author: cleokizzy

Date: 10/8/2009 10:40:54 PM
Author: jcarlylew
31.gif
money!!!

i want that too!!! haha... hopefully they throw the paper-kind and not coins! *ouch*
3.gif
good point. i''ll pack a helmet
14.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i HOPE no one throws anything at me
1.gif

but i am sure the bubbles will be fine - you''re not going to wear the dress again anyway, most likely, so i wouldn''t worry!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
We had biodegradable pastel colored confettii. It was so fun and probably produced my favorite pictures of the day. I see that you choose the bubbles though. I''m pretty sure if they are wedding bubbles you should be fine with the dress.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Oh and for anyone that wants to do something but their church is against it... ours was too. I really wanted to do this so I printed out the information on the bio-degradable confettii for our priest and he was happy that we found it and said he would suggest it to other couples. The stuff pretty much blows away immediatley.

oct2009

Rough_Rock
we used ecofetti, too. it was awesome. great for pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results