shape
carat
color
clarity

Checking in -- with a date and a venue!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies! I haven''t been around in a while -- I started graduate school this Fall and it''s been keeping me away from my beloved PS
7.gif
. But, I wanted to check in and let you know that we''ve finally confirmed our date and our venue! Yay! We are getting married September 4, 2010 in Northern Italy near Verona. I am attaching a pic of the venue. The wedding will be outside in the gardens (weather permitting, of course), photo shoot in the vineyards/olive groves, and dinner also outside around a courtyard with lemon trees. It''s a really lovely place -- the first one I visited when I went on my scouting trip back in July. It took us forever and a day to decide on a place because we saw several great spots on that trip, but this one is the one!

I also booked my photographer, have pretty much finished the guest list and am working on my save-the-dates/stationery. I have no idea what to do about a dress and really need to get on it -- I tried a few very pretty ones back in the Summer but haven''t done anything since then.

Anyway -- just wanted to say hello and give you an update. I miss PS. But, even if I''m not around as much anymore as I used to be, I am still with you all in spirit!
2.gif

mscushion_weddingvenue.jpg

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! That looks absolutely amazing!! Congrats on setting the date and venue! Isn''t is such a big relief to have that step done?! Any specific reason you''re having the wedding in Italy, as in do you or your FI have family there, etc.? It sounds fantastic!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2009 2:40:36 PM
Author: MagsyMay
WOW!! That looks absolutely amazing!! Congrats on setting the date and venue! Isn''t is such a big relief to have that step done?! Any specific reason you''re having the wedding in Italy, as in do you or your FI have family there, etc.? It sounds fantastic!

I was wondering the same thing! The venue looks AMAZING!!!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I spent every summer in the region as a kid. It has a truly special place in my heart. That, and when I took my FI there, he loved it as well. Plus, our families and friends are spread out across Europe and both coasts of the U.S., so the majority of guests would have to travel pretty far in any case. Fortunately, we are both from travel-friendly families.

Here are a few more pics -- here is one of the park.

mscushion_weddingvenue_park.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
And the surrounding vineyards...

I've always been in love with vineyard weddings... and the place belongs to an amazing Amarone producer -- so we will have lots of great wine.

mscushion_weddingvenue_vineyards.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Last one... similar shot to the first one, but taken by myself and a little closer up.

The weather is very rarely bad during late Aug/early Sept, which is great. I'm pretty confident we'll be able to have the whole wedding outside. That was very important to me. If it does rain -- I'm okay with moving inside, but I don't have any pics of that with me right now.

mscushion_wedding venue_view from garden.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What a beautiful venue! You are going to have some amazing photo ops there.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
That venue is amazing! I would have loved to have been able to consider Italy for our wedding, I can''t wait to see how all your details come together!

Congrats on getting those big things booked...it makes getting a dress much easier too :)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Oh wowza!!! That is gorgeous!
30.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Glad you''re back!!!!
What an AMAZING venue!!!!!!!! OMG, it''s out of this world!!!!!!!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Holy Moly!!!
3.gif
That is one awesome venue!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
wowzers!!!!!!!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
What a breathtaking venue. Your wedding is going to be gorgeous!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
stunning venue!!!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
***speechless**

i wish i could get married in a villa in Italy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results