shape
carat
color
clarity

Aussie Brides where and what brand dresses are you gals getting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
*sigh* I have come to the conclusion it is is not me it is the dresses, I already have had one near disaster and I don''t want to repeat I have tried on a gazzilion (okay probally 20-30 dresses) and nothing has made me go OMG I want this dress, well except for dresses they don''t sell here and I can''t try on
39.gif

The main issue I am finding with the dresses (minus the maggie''s which are lovely and a couple of the couture dresses I have tried on) is the material is attrocius like really bad - one I tried on reminded me of the lovely white shower curtin I have (bathroom needs a reno)- I have hit every dress shop in the CBD (at least I think I have) I still have some on the outskirts to go see but I can''t seem to find anything.

I tried telling one SA my top budget because the dresses she showed me were way under budget and I didn''t like the material and she told me to shush and not mention the budget again, I can''t seem to get them to listen to me either in terms of dress style but that is another story all together.

I am able to get to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne so other Aussie Brides where and what brands are you gals looking at, I am in desperate need of help TIA

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I am in Perth so i am not much help for you there... my dress is a Maggie and i really loved the quality of the material, one of the reasons why i chose it.
1.gif

Have you thought about looking at individual designers that may be able to create you something special, instead of looking at stores that just bring their dresses in?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Hey hawaiian the maggies are beautiful :) thanks for chiming in :D...where are all the other aussie gals I know your out there :D.

I have looked at a couple one was out of budget - beautiful dresses and one was the dress I am unbuying LOL.

kat6

Rough_Rock
Mine is a Maggie; I got it in Sydney. All the Maggies I tried on had really nice material. Essense had some nice ones too, but I really hated the silk on one of them (one of the few silk dresses I tried). It was like a paper bag that didn''t fit properly.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Darling!!!! Don''t stress. Come to Melbourne sweetie. I will give you a list longer than your arm and you will find your dress.

I got mine at Linda Gorringe Couture

How about:

Karen Willis Holmes
Mariana Hardwick
OMG, there are just too many to list. I have 6 million wedding mags I could go through and make a better list.

Do you wanna share your ballpark budget? FB me?

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
What is your budget?

Have you looked at Baccini and Hill? They have some stunning dresses! I also second Marianna Hardwick- she has some amazing dresses.

When I got engaged I started buying cosmopolitan bride, they have ''real bride'' sections and tell you the brides vendors. Its a great way to find awseome dresses that don''t cost and arm and a leg
1.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Melb has soooo many high end wedding dress stores! I know that there are some huge stores in High St Armadale all grouped together plus I know of many individual dress designers who are known for making haute courture. If you really dont have a budget then one of the finest dressmakers/ designers in Melb. is J`aton Bridal Couture in Greville St Prahran. They really have red carpet standard gowns.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Great idea Danielle! Another one I couldn''t remember!

Brides of Armadale.

Catherine G Couture

Bonita Couture

Rafaelle Ciuca

Aldo Terlato Couture

Ania G Couture

Romeo Bastone Couture

Sueana Couture (Camberwell, same suburb as Holloway Diamonds!!!!!
Rose Elise Couture
Deborah Selleck Couture

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Brides of Melbourne (huge!!!!)
Croce Colosimo

I also had my shoes custom made by Mallouk shoes in Brunswick. $420 totally customised! Style, colour, heel height, heel shape, embelishments, it''s almost too much choice!!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
OMG I could just like squeeee at you girls :) thank you for all the suggestions :D, I haven''t even heard of most of these places :D

I don''t mind sharing budget - I told FI about a maggie I tried on that was a smidge over 3k and he said that was reasonable, so roughly around 3-3.5k is MAX which you think should be able to get a lovely dress I would like to spend less then that if possible.

kat6 The maggies are beautiful, don''t think I have heard of essence will have to try those as well :)
D2B thank you for the link those are some stunning dresses, the saphire is beautiful
30.gif
amoungst others

Honey I am heading down in September I think...need to confirm but as soon as I do - SHOPPING :), I know I will be down sometime before the end of the year just not sure when exactly:D

Dannielle thanks for posting the link those designs are beautiful

Sharon Thanks for posting, unfortunetly I do have a budget, I would love it be limitless unfortnetly the dressshop you mentioned is down so I can''t see it bugger

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Girl, for that budget, you can totally get a divine dress!!!!!! You better let me know when you are coming, we are going SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeee
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
YAY
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I can''t wait :D

OMG SQUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE you gals have seriously made my night, bought me out of a complete dress funk LOL

ozsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I bought my dress from a bridal store in Sydney that stocks different labels including Pronovias, Elizabeth De Vargas and Brides Desire. I got a Brides Desire gown which is a designer in QLD. It was one of the most affordable dresses I tried on, and had lots of beautiful detail and lovely fabric. I didnt have the Pronovias budget! And to be honest, the pricey ones were not that great anyway.

The Sydney store was http://www.bridesofbeecroft.com.au/index.htm

and the QLD designer is http://www.bridesdesire.com.au/showcase_dress.php?var=Cassandra

Good luck! I an sure you will find your perfect gown eventually, and there is no reason you will be forced to go over your budget.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ozsparkle

Actually haven''t looked at Airs and graces, yet they are the to-do-list love the dress you bought it looks so romantic :) I love soft romantic dresses :D

ozsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Deelight! I cant wait to try it on again when I go to my fitting. I will take some pics so I can post to show you all. Enjoy your up-coming shopping expedition!

sweets

Rough_Rock
Hi there Ozsparkle!
The dress you bought is the exact one I want
30.gif
! Were you considering selling it second hand at all???? I''d love to buy it if it is around my size (6-8)...Please let me know if your interested??
Thank you!
1.gif

Date: 8/11/2009 6:52:06 AM
Author: ozsparkle
Hi, I bought my dress from a bridal store in Sydney that stocks different labels including Pronovias, Elizabeth De Vargas and Brides Desire. I got a Brides Desire gown which is a designer in QLD. It was one of the most affordable dresses I tried on, and had lots of beautiful detail and lovely fabric. I didnt have the Pronovias budget! And to be honest, the pricey ones were not that great anyway.

The Sydney store was http://www.bridesofbeecroft.com.au/index.htm

and the QLD designer is http://www.bridesdesire.com.au/showcase_dress.php?var=Cassandra

Good luck! I an sure you will find your perfect gown eventually, and there is no reason you will be forced to go over your budget.

Cynd33

Rough_Rock
I got my dress from Pallas Bridal in Paddington, they have a new range called ''Ruby Pallas'' which sits in the $2500 - $4000 price range. Their styles are non-traditional so depending on what you are looking for they may have something that would suit your tastes?

I promised my SA that I would not put pictures of the gown online but I can tell you that the craftsmanship is beautiful and the fabric is thai silk which is very light and cool for the hot Aussie weather.

Best of luck x

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results