clarity

Show me your AVC/AVOEC diamonds!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2009 11:08:32 AM
Author: Collee
GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS!!!!

sorry to hijack but i have been searching the site for these OMCs and i am AMAZED at how beautiful they are. i searched GOG and there isn''t a very large inventory of these signature cushions. i am interested in a 1.5 - 1.9ct, no lower than H or SI1 in the 11k - mid 12k range. do you think this is feasible and are these stones ''cut to order'' or does jon hand select them?

thanks SO much for your help and keep the pics of these BEAUTIES coming.

Just email him or call - he''s very helpful and he can put you on a waiting list for what you are looking for.
9.gif

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2009 3:00:41 AM
Author: hihowareyou
I don''t have a decent camera so this will have to do.

I think it is the smallest GOG OMC so far: 0.63 G

Glad this one went to a PS''r! Please post more pics!

Collee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 11:49:14 AM
Author: ecf8503

Date: 10/4/2009 11:08:32 AM
Author: Collee
GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS!!!!

sorry to hijack but i have been searching the site for these OMCs and i am AMAZED at how beautiful they are. i searched GOG and there isn't a very large inventory of these signature cushions. i am interested in a 1.5 - 1.9ct, no lower than H or SI1 in the 11k - mid 12k range. do you think this is feasible and are these stones 'cut to order' or does jon hand select them?

thanks SO much for your help and keep the pics of these BEAUTIES coming.

Just email him or call - he's very helpful and he can put you on a waiting list for what you are looking for.
9.gif

thanks for the quick reply! lucky for me, GOG is located a few towns aways from me. i have actually worked with jonathan before and plan on trading in/up a H&A RB. just wanted to get some prelim advice from PSers in re: to my wants/needs (1.5+ct, >= H, SI1) and my desired price range (11k - mid 12k).

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2009 10:05:08 PM

It's not white, that's for sure. I'm used to looking at my D I guess! I don't know yet - I love the cut of the stone - it's superb, but I'm not sure about the color. Like Shimmer said of hers, the L color got lost on her hand once her tan faded - I guess time will tell if mine will do the same! I'm a color ho by nature though, so I luffs me some icy white diamonds! I'll keep an eye open a bit for a higher color, but for right now I just love how this one performs!
Thanks ecf... it is hard to balance budget and desires for size and color, eh?
2.gif
I have gone for size up until now, but unfortunately for my bank account, I am finding that I am liking whiter diamonds more and more -- I have an F and I think it may have ruined my K for me
15.gif
Anyhoo, I wondered how you felt about the color in these cushions since body color probably matches this style cut more than an RB, KWIM?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2009 1:03:28 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Date: 10/3/2009 10:05:08 PM

It''s not white, that''s for sure. I''m used to looking at my D I guess! I don''t know yet - I love the cut of the stone - it''s superb, but I''m not sure about the color. Like Shimmer said of hers, the L color got lost on her hand once her tan faded - I guess time will tell if mine will do the same! I''m a color ho by nature though, so I luffs me some icy white diamonds! I''ll keep an eye open a bit for a higher color, but for right now I just love how this one performs!

Thanks ecf... it is hard to balance budget and desires for size and color, eh?
2.gif
I have gone for size up until now, but unfortunately for my bank account, I am finding that I am liking whiter diamonds more and more -- I have an F and I think it may have ruined my K for me
15.gif
Anyhoo, I wondered how you felt about the color in these cushions since body color probably matches this style cut more than an RB, KWIM?

Yep - I KWYM. I think the color does suit the cut, but I certainly wouldn''t turn down a higher color one... :)

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
MORE Pics!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks a lot guys, I just drooled on my keyboard!
3.gif

hihowareyou

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/4/2009 8:07:56 AM
Author: gemgirl

I don't have a decent camera so this will have to do.

Oh you're definitely going to have to take some more pics for us! Big or small, no matter. I'd love to see her dance with color and light. Borrow a camera!

And give us her particulars pretty please
1.gif

0.63 G VS1 here is the goodoldgold page for the diamond: link

The setting was made by a local manufacturing jeweler. I didn't really know what I wanted and he agreed to make something up that he thought would work with the stone and then start again from scratch at no cost to us if we didn't like it. I've not been able to capture with a camera what it really looks like but here are a few better/more pictures.

I also must give a huge thanks to arjunajane who inspired the purchase and helped on the ordering/shipping side of things.

PreviewScreenSnapz110.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous Hihowareyou! I looked at that one too, and decided I couldn''t afford any diamonds for the time being - I''m glad it went to such a great home! The ring is beautiful!

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
I am so jealous of your ring, Hihowareyou! Wow!
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2009 1:14:58 AM
Date: 10/4/2009 8:07:56 AM

Author: gemgirl

I don''t have a decent camera so this will have to do.

Oh you''re definitely going to have to take some more pics for us! Big or small, no matter. I''d love to see her dance with color and light. Borrow a camera!

And give us her particulars pretty please
1.gif

0.63 G VS1 here is the goodoldgold page for the diamond: link

The setting was made by a local manufacturing jeweler. I didn''t really know what I wanted and he agreed to make something up that he thought would work with the stone and then start again from scratch at no cost to us if we didn''t like it. I''ve not been able to capture with a camera what it really looks like but here are a few better/more pictures.

I also must give a huge thanks to arjunajane who inspired the purchase and helped on the ordering/shipping side of things.

Hello there
hihowareyou!

I was just browsing this thread, and wanted to say thankyou for your very sweet comments as I never saw them earlier..

I''m glad you took the dive and got your OMC, and I hope you enjoy it for many years to come!(And I was also happy to be of some enabling influence)
9.gif

35.gif

_Lacy_

Rough_Rock
I know this thread it old now but I have looked it so many times over the past few months & thanks to all of you and your gorgeous rings I was introduced to and fell in love with these amazing cushions...so now that I have one of my very own I've so been looking forward to adding mine to the group
1.gif

More pics here

1.45ct K SI1

4_Photos.JPG

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you to the mods for reopening this thread!!
36.gif

Here are some more AVC beauties!

AJ''s AVC in her new home - BGD Grace setting - Link

BrianGavin_YG6_022310.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
My friend K''s 2.38 H SI2 in the BGD Grace - Link

BEGBrianGavin_Grace3_021010.jpg

IwannaCushion

Rough_Rock
Hi, here is mine: 1.26ct I VS1 in a size 3.75 custom Mark Morrell ring. Just got it Valentine''s Day and still in love with it!

My thread is here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-got-my-own-gog-august-cushion.136355/

DSC00930.JPG

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are all seriously gorgeous!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SIGH...

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

stci

Ideal_Rock
What a great thread!

All those rings are splendid and warmer face up really white!

Beautiful!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I''ll ever get bore by these beauties. I see GOG now has a new August Vintage Round. I would love to see some of that too.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Katushka''s beautiful 1.57 F SI1 AVC - Link

driftwood.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 6:13:28 PM
Author: joelly
I don''t think I''ll ever get bore by these beauties. I see GOG now has a new August Vintage Round. I would love to see some of that too.

Me too!!

Collee

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for bumping and updating the thread.

I am anxiously looking forward to adding my 1.67 D SI2 AVC. (Im)patiently riding the surprise proposal waiting train.

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
These stones are stunning.

Can I ask a really stupid question... are these OMC diamonds from GOG actually antique/old diamonds? Or are they being cut from roughs? I always thought OMC diamonds weren''t cut anymore and you had to buy old ones...

I have to say I am loving the warmer colors of the OMCs here... The Ms and Ls look white to me!!! How do they look in real life? Is any yellowness lost in the sparkle? Just stunning!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gleam,
GOG's OMCs are newly cut from rough material based on the facet style of antique cushions except these are cut to maximize light performance with consistant/tight parameters. I have an L OMC from GOG and it's creamy under certain lighting and very white under certain lighting. I would not call it yellow at all but more of an antique white lace.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Collee, I can't wait to see it! I hope you post lots of pictures - it's going to be gorgeous!

Gleam, the AVCs aren't actual antique diamonds. Rather, GOG cuts them to replicate the style of antique OMCs (like the large facets) but with modern optical performance and symmetry. Personally, I prefer them to true OMCs because I love that it combines the best of both worlds (the antique look and the modern light performance) but I know there are many who are still attracted the most to the history and quirkiness of true old cuts. In fact, IndyLady recently started a thread about which one you prefer: Thread

ETA: Oops, Chrono beat me to it with a much more concise explanation - thanks Chrono!
1.gif
And I want to see more pics of your ring Chrono!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I love this thread!!
30.gif
30.gif
I am really starting to fall in love with the GOG August Vintage Cushion. I wish I lived closer to NY so I could go and visit them! I''m really thinking about telling my FF that I want one of these for my ring instead of a RB!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results