shape
carat
color
clarity

Anniversary Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I debated for a while about showing this ring, because: 1) It was purchased in ''94 for my 10th anniversary and seems a bit dated and 2) the diamonds are mediocre. And then I thought what the heck, there aren''t any big diamond purchases in my future, so I might as well show what I got lol! There are 5 stones, 1 carat tw. This was purchased when I knew even less about diamonds than I do now.

I''ve been thinking about re-setting these diamonds in a wg setting that would go better with my wedding set. As it is now, I really don''t wear it, and it''s a shame to let even "so-so" diamonds sit in a jewelry box. Thing is, I don''t have a clue as to go about having diamonds re-set, have never done it before.
Thanks in advance for taking a look!

DSC01156.JPG

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sideview

DSC01160.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks stunning! Very cool and unique.

If you want to reset though, I think a lot of the vendors here (like Brian Gavin, etc) are open to "recycling" projects.

krockie

Shiny_Rock
I actually like it a lot. I don''t think it looks dated - it has a nice flow to it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, thanks guys! I was self-conscious about posting it.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that design! It actually looks like an UPDATED version of some of the u prong rings we see here... with a twist! I think putting fresh stones in that setting would do more than putting the stones in a different setting - or do both! Set low colored, H&A stones in the yellow and accentuate the color of the stones... and maybe set the ones you have in a pair of earrings or a pendant :)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it too!! If you like the setting and just want to change the color you can have it dipped in Rhodium -- I think that''s the name of what they dip white gold in.

A friend of mine has a YG ring that''s been dipped and she wears it daily with no problems.

HTH

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/28/2009 3:35:47 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
I like it too!! If you like the setting and just want to change the color you can have it dipped in Rhodium -- I think that''s the name of what they dip white gold in.

A friend of mine has a YG ring that''s been dipped and she wears it daily with no problems.

HTH

Ditto, I would dip it and rock it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually I think you lucked out in ''94 because the stones look pretty bright and sparkly to me. I''d dip it
and rock it too! A change in color will make a big difference!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I''m with all the ladies who say dip it!!! The rhodium will give that baby some sparkle and shine!!! And it''s a quick, easy, and cheap "fix"!!!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I really like your ring!!! And the diamonds are so sparkly!
30.gif

I also vote for ''dip dip dip''!
3.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree! Its totally beautiful, and while I prefer yg you can dip it to go with your other rings!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i like it too! i have a uprong, and i love how the light gets in and makes it sparkle. i agree with the idea of dipping!

If you want to wear it with your set now, however, I would definitely reset it. most jewelers have stock options that you can pick from and they base it on what size your stones are, so for you anything that fits stones that are .25, right? they should have lots to pick from. and you could proabably still get a u prong if you wanted one.

I think it's beautiful!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Junebug, although I wear mostly white gold now, I love that ring, and I love that it''s in yellow gold. It just has a richness and a luxuriousness that white gold doesn''t have. For some reason, if a ring is delicate and has pave, then I like it in white gold, but if it''s more substantial like yours, I love yellow gold. I also mix metals (but not on the same hand), and think you could definitely do the same.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to all for the nice comments on my ring, you are all so kind. It's good to know that it doesn't come across as dated...and even though I now favor antique/vintage designs, I have to admit I still like this setting! I gave the ring a good cleaning before I took pics, and those stones don't look too bad. You've all given me some food for thought, thank you for all the wonderful suggestions. I do like the idea of plating it, I think it will "blend" a little better with my current set, but Cellantani is right about the richness of the yellow gold, it IS pretty. Maybe I'll visit a few jewelers in the area and see if there are any settings out there that really speak to me. This is a fun dilemma to be in!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 8:00:03 PM
Author: junebug17
Thanks to all for the nice comments on my ring, you are all so kind. It''s good to know that it doesn''t come across as dated...and even though I now favor antique/vintage designs, I have to admit I still like this setting! I gave the ring a good cleaning before I took pics, and those stones don''t look too bad. You''ve all given me some food for thought, thank you for all the wonderful suggestions. I do like the idea of plating it, I think it will ''blend'' a little better with my current set, but Cellantani is right about the richness of the yellow gold, it IS pretty. Maybe I''ll visit a few jewelers in the area and see if there are any settings out there that really speak to me. This is a fun dilemma to be in!

Agreed! Best of luck to you on your hunt! Let us know how it goes!!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I have to say that I really like the ring. However, with those gorgeous .2 ct diamonds, you could get Brian Gavin to make you a gorgeous shared-prong band.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/28/2009 8:10:14 PM
Author: vespergirl
I have to say that I really like the ring. However, with those gorgeous .2 ct diamonds, you could get Brian Gavin to make you a gorgeous shared-prong band.
Hmm, now that sounds interesting! Thanks vespergirl!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
very nice Junebug! I think it's pretty and unique. I LOVE the profile!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Junebug, I love that ring! I am a yellow gold fan but I think it would be pretty in either "color" metal. I''m crazy about the swirls and the profile. It''s unique and I don''t think it is dated at all.

Thanks for sharing!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a very pretty ring. I love it''s unique scrolls!

As for being dated, all jewelry is dated. Some of the ring designs we see today will be dated 15 years from now. Many people may opt to update their settings to more current trends but some will treasure what they have and keep them just as they are. That''s the beauty of jewelry IMO - it is as personal as we want it to be.

There are many styles to reset your ring into but keeping it just the way it is should be perfectly acceptable too. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s very pretty!
1.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it just the way it is, very pretty!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 3:34:22 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
I love that design! It actually looks like an UPDATED version of some of the u prong rings we see here... with a twist! I think putting fresh stones in that setting would do more than putting the stones in a different setting - or do both! Set low colored, H&A stones in the yellow and accentuate the color of the stones... and maybe set the ones you have in a pair of earrings or a pendant :)

It''s a beautiful ring, Junebug! It reminds me of a helix and the stones look very white and are a great size.

I agree with Cehra -- I think keeping the setting in gold but replacing the diamonds with some warmer color diamonds or some gorgeous colored gems would be stunning. And I''d pull out the beautiful diamonds that are in there now and work with Brian Gavin or Wink Jones -- two vendors I can think of who will do custom designs with clients''s stones -- on a new project that has a vintage feel to it. You could do a wonderful new piece with those stones!!

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 8:10:14 PM
Author: vespergirl

Love the idea of the shared-prong band! Although, I have to say, the ring looks great on you!! No reason to be self-conscious about it at all, in my opinion! It''s lovely!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2009 7:33:43 PM
Author: sarap333

Date: 9/28/2009 3:34:22 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

It''s a beautiful ring, Junebug! It reminds me of a helix and the stones look very white and are a great size.

I agree with Cehra -- I think keeping the setting in gold but replacing the diamonds with some warmer color diamonds or some gorgeous colored gems would be stunning. And I''d pull out the beautiful diamonds that are in there now and work with Brian Gavin or Wink Jones -- two vendors I can think of who will do custom designs with clients''s stones -- on a new project that has a vintage feel to it. You could do a wonderful new piece with those stones!!
Thanks so much ladies! Your positive comments have made my day! Sara, I''m really liking the idea of colored stones in this setting, I think the contrast with the yellow gold would be really pretty. And the idea of a new setting that compliments my wedding set is appealing to me right now. Thanks for the names, I wasn''t sure which vendors would work with people who already have the diamonds, thanks for your help!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I really like it as well! It''s unique and has a fun feel. Whatever you end up doing will be beautiful, I''m sure!
36.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
31.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely adore this ring! I hope you keep it as is, I actually saw a ring similar (only smaller at a Jareds) and I soooo wanted one
30.gif
I don''t think it is dated at all. Its gorgeous!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I have an anniversary band purchased in 1991 from Helzbergs. It was just their stock diamonds, which the salesman told me they purchased in bulk. They had a couple of rings made up, so he louped them and sold me the one with the better stones.

Anyhow, I was in the store recently and the sales clerk was amazed at how nice the diamonds in my ring were. Apparently, their stock diamonds were a lot nicer in the early ''90s than they are today. I expect that is true of your ring as well.

Enjoy it. I think it looks great as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results