shape
carat
color
clarity

my dress ARGH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wyndham

Shiny_Rock
Hi Cocolaw, I''m sorry to hear about your dress...what a bummer! I think it''s worth trying to fix this dress -- it seems like something a talented tailor could do. I wouldn''t give up on it until you have a second tailor (i.e. someone in CT) take a look at it.

I am from Connecticut and would be happy to give you any names or recommendations in your area. Where do you live? If you''re near Hartford, there''s a great tailor in Avon (Mr. Park''s Custom Tailor; (860) 676-1243)...if not, I have plenty of friends from Greenwich / New Haven and would be happy to ask around if you need someone in those areas.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
hey wyndam: i''m in greenwich! i have only been here a year though. that would be fantastic!!! i am going to make phone calls tomorrow, but if i cannot find anybody that would be a huge help.

cdinnyc: THANK YOU!!! i will def give her a call. i would like to spend less than that, but i might be forced to spend that since i have so many things that need to be done. thanks again.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
ok what do you think about this?? i have added more of a sweetheart neckline and made it into more of an a-line shape. forgive me, i only know how to use paint!!

modifiedneckline.JPG

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i mean i made it from an a-line into a mermaid shape. i am really not with it tonight, excuse me!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I like the changes you made.
36.gif

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
thanks :). i just don''t know what to do! i am really kind of annoyed, the more i look at the dress the more of a problem i have with it!!! is it normal to be angry at your dress? should is start looking quickly at preownedweddingdresses.com??

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Oh, coco. I am so sorry to see what a mess she made of your dress. It isn''t terrible, but it is nothing you would want to be wearing on your wedding day.

I suggest you find someone who actually designs clothes instead of a seamstress, if you continue to work with this dress. That is what I did. I wanted significant changes, and I just didn''t trust a seamstress, because fitting clothing to someone and recreating clothing really is an incredibly different skill set. RE: the neckline, I would worry about making it into a sweetheart neckline. I think it would look good, but it already looks great on top, and it is a difficult alteration work.

Looking at the pics, I do think that someone with the right talents could fix your dress into what you want. I think you just need to decide if you would be more upset if you invested more money into this dress or if you had to scrap this dress and find another one.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
coco! i''m so sorry this happened! as we saw with EM1''s dress though, miracles will happen and the dress will be perfect by the date. i don''t have any advice really, but ((((HUGS))))!!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
thank you ladies! i will post when i have my news tomorrow.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
ok i met with a tailor who has my dress. he does wedding dresses. we decided to keep the neckline as-is, no deeper sweetheart :). and he is going to let out the top. we are meeting to discuss the rest when that is done-he said that he can take it in in the rear more, but that because of the cut of the dress, he cannot make it cup my booty
7.gif
. he said that for fixing the top, taking in the booty, and fixing the bustle it would be around 200.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 2:09:52 PM
Author: cocolaw
ok i met with a tailor who has my dress. he does wedding dresses. we decided to keep the neckline as-is, no deeper sweetheart :). and he is going to let out the top. we are meeting to discuss the rest when that is done-he said that he can take it in in the rear more, but that because of the cut of the dress, he cannot make it cup my booty
7.gif
. he said that for fixing the top, taking in the booty, and fixing the bustle it would be around 200.

Hey girlie... your dress is beautiful. It looks amazing on you. It really does. I don''t think your arse looks big either. I think it looks perfect. You have an amazing figure. Keep your head up. I''m sure this person will fix the flaws for you. To be honest, as long as you can get that dress zipped up your hubby is only going to noticed his amazingly beautiful bride walking down the aisle to him. He won''t notice all the other stuff I bet unless you pointed it out. You hopefully won''t have to worry about it though because it sounds like you found someone to fix it. I voted on your other thread to keep the neckline the way it is. I think it looks perfect. Glad to hear your new tailor agrees. Regardless of anything you are going to be a beautiful bride!!! :)

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
**update** i just went to the tailor to try on my dress today, and it zips up!!!!!! horray!!
36.gif
36.gif
he didn''t even use pins or a measuring tape--he eyeballed it and got it perfect on top! and there are no marks or whatever left from where the other seamstress took it in too much. he has marked the booty and is taking care of the saggy fabric and fixing the bustle. i should be able to try it on next sat. just wanted to post my update! i''m so relieved!!!! i''ll post pics when i have them!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
awesome news coco! you are going to be a beautiful bride!! so glad they are fixing your dress.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh hon, I am so glad that your dress is getting fixed and you are feeling better about it! Hooray! Can''t see pics of your gorgeous self in it once it''s done! Yay!!!!
36.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! And, phew!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2009 10:57:42 AM
Author: cocolaw
**update** i just went to the tailor to try on my dress today, and it zips up!!!!!! horray!!
36.gif
36.gif
he didn''t even use pins or a measuring tape--he eyeballed it and got it perfect on top! and there are no marks or whatever left from where the other seamstress took it in too much. he has marked the booty and is taking care of the saggy fabric and fixing the bustle. i should be able to try it on next sat. just wanted to post my update! i''m so relieved!!!! i''ll post pics when i have them!

Hurray! What a relief.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
That is so awesome! I''m glad you found a good tailor and he is able to fix it up good as new! I cannot wait to see photos of your amazing gown!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results