shape
carat
color
clarity

Are there wild things in your backyard?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes we have wild things!

Birds -- Herons, Ducks, Snake Birds, woodpeckers, Sand Hill Cranes (4 ft tall birds with sharp beaks)...
Rabbits - well we only see one at a time.
Armadillos - they are here during the day and at night.
Deer -- a Mom and her Fawns!
Lizards -- Brown and the native Green ones
Tortise -- Very big and old
Skinks -- they are like a very smooth lizard and the one in our front yard has a VIVID blue tail!

I don't think the local pot bellied pig counts but I swear it weighs at least 150 lbs. Quite a sight if it's wandering in the road when you drive around a corner.

Oh and we live in a subdivision.
9.gif

ETA: I forgot about the common squirrels, mocking birds, pigens etc.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re in town now, so we don''t have quite as much as when I was in the country. We''ve had flocks of wild turkeys, and pheasants wandering around the yard. Deer all over. Coyotes come right up to the back patio at night. (all in the country tho) Bald eagles are a much more common sight now than when I was a kid, and it never fails to make me smile to see them. Lots of frogs and toads. I found a tree frog last spring the size of my pinkie fingernail and if that wasn''t the absolute thrill for me-I love frogs! Some lizards, garter snakes..I know there are other snakes here, we just don''t see them. We have several honeysuckle vines in our backyard now that bloom like crazy and the hummingbirds go nuts over them.

Several mountain lion sightings. Enough that now the DNR is finally admitting yes, they did bring them in to control the deer herds.

We were in the City last year and it happens to be along the Canada goose flyway and I was so amazed. We have a lot of geese overhead but nothing like this-the whole entire sky was full. It was phenomenal, I thought.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where my family and I used to live, we saw deer and fox (foxes?) quite often. Near where my husband and I just moved from, we saw wild turkeys and deer all the time. Turkeys would meander through our yard all the time. I can''t imagine seeing coyotes, scorpions, bears, and other dangerous animals living near us. That would totally freak me out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results