shape
carat
color
clarity

Ginger PSers unite!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
This is another topic spawned because of the tanning thread.

Who are all the red headed Pricescopers out there?

What is you experience of being a ginger? Do you like it or hate it? Did you get teased for it?
It seems to me alot of people have a pretty strong reaction to people with red hair, both positive and negitive.

What about the non-gingers, do you like red hair or not? Would you date a ginger?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I saw this thread and was like "Ooo, me! I'm a ginger!" Lol

Funny ginger story: FI and I were discussing kids and I said I only wanted one. He said he wants to have two, because if the first one is a ginger he wants a second chance to have a normal kid. LOL He's a funny one.

When I was a kid I sometimes got teased, but my hair isn't bright red so it wasn't too bad. And as I got older, everyone started telling me that it was their favorite hair color and they wanted to dye their hair exactly the same color. So really, people have always been very positive about the color!

I just have to put up with teasing from friends that I have no soul
3.gif
Anybody see that South Park episode? I must have seen it 50 times ... it seems like it's always on tv!

ETA: I always see red heads with gorgeous wavy/curly hair and I'm so jealous of them! Maybe only the Irish girls get that and I have no Irish in me. But whatever it is, my very straight boring hair is jealous. Haha. Red hair just seems to look best when wavy.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
I love red hair. Love love love it. Curly, straight, wavy. Light red all the way to auburn. It''s so gorgeous. I''m thoroughly convinced that most blondes would look better with auburn hair. I love it that much. You are so lucky!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
ME! I have red hair. And I love it. I like it loads better now then when I was a kid though. When I was little, strangers would come up and pet me like a dog because I had the shirley temple ringlets too. I'm a very shy person so I really did not enjoy that. My fi really loves my hair too.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE redheads!!! I think redheads are sooooo STUNNING!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

In my next life, I want to be a redhead. I love being Asian and petite, but nothing beats a flaming redhead!! And I think it'd suit my temperament perfectly. I'd like to have the same temperament and personality in my next life, but with flaming red hair and green eyes, YAY!!
36.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gingers are so pretty! I love the gorgeous hair, the beautiful eye colour and the cute freckles!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''m a bottle ginger, does that count?
11.gif
My natural color has some red in it - I just cheat and make it truly auburn! And I LOVE it! All you natural true red heads are lucky!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I''m such a ginger

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
*raises hand*

Hardly a day goes by without someone commenting on my auburn locks. Luckily, it''s mostly complimentary. My hair is wavy, but I''m lucky that I can go either way with it. Make it really curly by scrunching it, or make it really straight with 30 mins on the ol'' blowdryer.

I find that men are never shy about telling redheads exactly how they feel about the colour. I once had this guy come up to me in the foodcourt, and whisper:

"Does the carpet match the drapes?"

Very forward of him, so I shot right back with:

"What makes you think there IS a carpet? Ohh, and FYI - I prefer HARD WOOD..."

He looked completely stunned by my response. That shut him up AND turned him on all at the same time
9.gif

My fiance LOVES my spunk
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm a non-ginger and I like female gingers better than male gingers! There are very few male gingers that I find attractive, actually. I do know a few hottie ginger guys, though.
3.gif

My twin sister likes ginger guys because her favorite eye color is green and a lot of ginger guys have green eyes.

ETA I forgot to add that I have a handsome ginger cat who I love!
5.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Just a boring brunette here, but I am really curious about a few things about gingers--how do men react to you? Are all the rumors true (that men cannot resist redheads, that they are more exciting and desireable?).

My DH's previous (very serious) g-friend was an auburn redhead (natural) and have to admit I've always been a bit jealous b/c she was quite stunning! And then when I read this studies on how redheads have the most nookie, it just makes me wonder all kinds of things!

Anyway, from this brunette's point of view, I think it must be great being a redhead (both from how it looks and the reactions you get)!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
carrot top scares me.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always had auburn hair and for years I dyed it brown because I thought it looked better with my pale skin and brown eyes. Plus I don''t think my eyebrows are auburn. Then this Spring I stopped dying it and let the true colors back out. Of course recently I dyed my hair a dark auburn/red so I guess in a way I can''t truely remove myself from the idea of being a brunette. I will admit though. It forces me to wear the colors (both clothes and makeup) that look the best on me.

I agree though, there are few ginger men I''m attracted to. With the exception of Eric Stolz!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I''m checking in!!! I have golden-light red hair and green eyes and of course, pale skin, not too many freckles. My hair is straight, but fairly thick.

I love being a red head!!! I have a very silly sense of humor and it seems I can get away with more ''stuff'' because I am a red head. I guess it suits my personality, or perhaps my personality developed this way due to my red hair!

My MIL had naturally auburn hair, but my DH NEVER wanted to date a red head, LOL, until he met me and he loves my hair color, he tells me it looks like spun gold. Not sure if I got more male attention because of the red hair, because I met DH and married young and I didn''t date a lot in high school. But one of my boyfriends had an older brother that would only date red heads, which I thought was weird at the time, but after that heard about guys who date/marry red heads exclusively. Still weird, IMO.

What I like about red heads is that no two shades are alike! My brother has red hair as well (2 of 7 kids have red hair) but his is a bit lighter than mine. It is weird to see someone with hair similar to mine though, I''ll ask my DH, "is my hair that color?"

I plan to be red as long as possible, as I age, but when there is more silver than gold, I may have to change over!
1.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Not a ginger, but a BIG FAN! FI is a ginger with all the attributes: red/orange hair, freckly skin that turns a ruddy brown/red with the slightest bit of sun.
18.gif
hehe! And his cool blue/gray eyes provide a stiking contrast. I really think the ginger look is gorgeous in general.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, not too many men have commented on it to my face and I don''t think I''ve seen more action because of it. In the sun my hair lights up like gold, but inside in the dark it looks more like a medium brown with a lot of red in it. I love my color because it''s subtle, not fire engine red, but very unique and pretty. I remember having to look at our hair under a microscope in high school and my lab partner was like "Your hair looks like a strand of gold! It''s sooo cool!" I do have a lot of freckles though. I stay out of the sun and use lots of spf, so the ones on my face are light enough that they''re pretty. The few times I''ve had a lot of sun they darkened up and looked ridiculous. I had a college roommate who would get the cutest light freckles only across her nose and no where else ... very jealous of that!

I missed out on the curly hair, which makes me sad. I also missed out on light eyes and mine are more of a hazely brown. I''ve always wanted green or blue eyes.

I had the nickname Firecr*tch in high school
38.gif
Apparently people called me that for a year behind my back until they finally owned up to it. I guess they thought I would be really offended
33.gif
When they realized I wasn''t they started using it to my face ... haha. Oh high school kids.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I so wish I had the bright strong red colour hair! I think it''s beautiful!

I''m another subtle red head, more on the "strawberry blonde" side of ginger with alot of gold in there. I''m a very curly red head with blue eye that have alot of gold in them. Pale as pale can be with light freckles left over from childhood (I wear an spf40 under my makeup every day and the highest sfp on the rest of me i can find in the sunner. I''ve only resently learned to embrace my haircolour.

I got teased alot more for being so darn pale then for being a ginger. When I was growing up my sister teased me about being ginger. ALOT. My mum always defended me (she''s a really dark redhead) and told my sister and I was was a strawberry blonde. While I guess that''s true, I grew up with a real hair identity crisis! When we played games in school where people were spilt up in various was, whe it was by hair colour I never knew which group I belonged to, blonde or red head. When I was in about 16 it struck me that I was actually a ginger and I dyed my hair brown for about three years.
I grew it out when I met BF almost 4 years ago because he has a thing 4 ginger women
2.gif

I find myself really attracted/facinated by redheads as well. Red heads in the street always catch my attention. Latley I''ve been seeing alot of ginger teenagers with their hair dyed brown which really breaks my heart and I wonder what happened that they felt they couldn''t be themselves anymore.
38.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 9:32:36 AM
Author: elrohwen

I just have to put up with teasing from friends that I have no soul
3.gif
Anybody see that South Park episode? I must have seen it 50 times ... it seems like it''s always on tv!

ETA: I always see red heads with gorgeous wavy/curly hair and I''m so jealous of them! Maybe only the Irish girls get that and I have no Irish in me. But whatever it is, my very straight boring hair is jealous. Haha. Red hair just seems to look best when wavy.
I love that south park episode! Very funny! Have you seen the ginger kids/gingervitise website?

I also was once told there a vidio game online where you played a ginger and the aim is to have sex with other gingers and make as many ginger babies as possible before you get sunburnt!

The grass is always greener on the other side, I would have loved to have straight hair! It''s so much harder to make curly hair look good! (and maybe you''re right, I''m atleast 1/8th Irish)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am strawberry blonde. More strawberry THAN blonde. I get LOTS of compliments on my hair. I LOVE the color. I also have a copper penny son. His hair is gorgeous. No one ever teased him but I think because it is not BRIGHT red-orange. We all look very red-irish (which we are) and are proud of it! BTW, I am more drawn to red headed men, except those with pasty white skin.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 2:23:33 PM
Author: Vancity
*raises hand*

Hardly a day goes by without someone commenting on my auburn locks. Luckily, it''s mostly complimentary. My hair is wavy, but I''m lucky that I can go either way with it. Make it really curly by scrunching it, or make it really straight with 30 mins on the ol'' blowdryer.

I find that men are never shy about telling redheads exactly how they feel about the colour. I once had this guy come up to me in the foodcourt, and whisper:

''Does the carpet match the drapes?''

Very forward of him, so I shot right back with:

''What makes you think there IS a carpet? Ohh, and FYI - I prefer HARD WOOD...''

He looked completely stunned by my response. That shut him up AND turned him on all at the same time
9.gif

My fiance LOVES my spunk
9.gif

That''s hilarious. I''ll have to remember that one (not that some strange guy would say that to me).

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 3:12:07 PM
Author: tlh
carrot top scares me.

Ditto! I''m not a fan of red headed guys but women with red hair are usually very pretty.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I think good looking uys are good looking with or without red hair. I don''t think red hair does any favours for some of the more awquard looking guys out there though. Still, I reckon ginger guys get way too much of a hard time about it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Carrot Top scares me too!!
32.gif

Nicole Kidman on the other hand . . .
2.gif

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Red-head here!
35.gif
I *hated* it as a kid!! Just like RFT, I got SOO tired of people petting me like I was a dog! I also wish my hair was wavy or *something* besides stick-straight and thick. I think the best comment I ever got (well, because I''m a longhorn, hook''em!) was at UT/OU weekend in Dallas when an OU fan came up to me and asked me if I dyed my hair burnt orange for the game! I never realized it until then, but my hair is pretty much burnt orange.. Ok maybe a little prettier but that gives you a general idea. I think that''s the same time I started adding low-lights to offset the orangey color
31.gif
As for dating a redhead, no way. I am not attracted AT ALL to redheaded guys. I like the tall, dark, and handsome guys..
12.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not but I''ve always wished I was. I was born w/orange hair and my dad was horrified. I''ve spent years trying to dye it to a lovely strawberry blonde. JD doesn''t like red hair so I''ve eased up on it since we''ve been married. Haha I remember years ago when I was living w/my gramma in Arizona we went to a fancy salon and I told the stylist that I was irritated that dye didn''t seem to stay in my hair well. She said it''s b/c I dyed it so much the hair was too porous or whatever. She said "I can see why you want to keep this color up though, it''s the perfect shade of blonde" and I''m like, um, no, this is my natural color, I''m trying to be a strawberry blonde!

Dang. Now I want to go get my hair colored!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
my best friend has red hair as well as another friend of mine that goes back 25 years... both of them are freckle city because they spend a lot of time in the sun... they''re both also very beautiful and neither of them had red-headed kids.

I was surprised that there weren''t more redheads in Ireland... there were some, maybe more than in the US but not by a lot. Most had dark brown hair, pale skin, blue eyes which is also a very beautiful combo... but not on topic in this thread lol

There was a little girl at my preschool when I was a preschool teacher 20 years ago and she had that well protected porcelain skin that is so enviable. I''ve always thought it was beautiful on girls - I didn''t appreciate it on men until prince harry grew up lol When I was living in ireland the 2 best looking blokes I saw there were both gingers and they were H*O*T!

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
>

tlh, why is that??

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 6:52:35 PM
Author: Mrs.Guz
<<carrot top scares me.>>

tlh, why is that??
He doesn''t scare you??
32.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 7:06:30 PM
Author: musey
Date: 9/23/2009 6:52:35 PM

Author: Mrs.Guz

<<carrot top scares me.>>

tlh, why is that??

He doesn''t scare you??
32.gif

Ha, ditto! He''s maybe the scariest (looking) person EVER.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another wimpy-redhead here
35.gif
mine is a dark strawberry-blonde, some people call it blonde, some brown, some red. It's RED in bright sun, more light brown in fluorescent lighting. My hair is weird. I get more compliments on my hair than anything else. It helps that it's VERY long, too.

I do have a lot of freckles, but they're pinprick so verrrrry tiny. Very pale. Green eyes.

No Irish in me (that we know of), mostly scottish and a bunch of other stuff.

n3402871_39361743_460.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results