shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Mandy
Yay on the boys both passing the NST and having a date.

so cal girl
The dr you are seeing now sounds so rude and unsympathetic. Is there another dr you can see? I would be so mad, and won''t want to see her.
Sorry about the comments you are getting from people. I mean life is definitely different, but definitely not miserable.

Cello
You are so cute. I love your hair BTW.

I started compiling a boy names list for DH to check out. You ladies were so right about boy names being hard. I still have the girl names list from last time, and I will revisit it to see if I want to add or remove names from it. I was joking with DH that we should name baby # 2 with DJ as initial, so we have a MC and a DJ. He just looked at him and shook his head. LOL.

Winter maternity clothes
I am not loving how the sweaters are looking on me. I feel like a big ball when I tried them on. Where have you seem sweaters that are more structured or fitted? I want my boobs too be separated from my belly if that makes sense.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
peony CONGRATS!!! your boys are just darling!!! i am so glad to hear that you guys are doing well.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 1:01:57 PM
Author: so cal girl
First off, I wanted to say CONGRATS PEONY! The boys are beautiful.

Date: 9/20/2009 2:34:49 PM
Author: fiery
Have we heard from so cal girl? Her due date is in 4 days!
Thanks for thinking of me Fiery. I haven''t been on here much, because I have been kind of depressed, and I didn''t want to bring everyone down.

Still no delivery in sight for me, and I am just ridiculously uncomfortable. I have horrible acid reflux, I am sweating all the time, and I have developed an unbearable pupps rash that makes me want to rip my skin off. I have tried pills for the acid reflux and about 5 different creams for the rash, and nothing seems to be working. I feel so guilty saying I just want this baby out, but I am getting very impatient.

It doesn''t help that my doctor is out of commission, so I have been seeing whoever is in the office, and none of them seem to be too sympathetic to my situation. My doctor had told me (before he tore his ACL and is now out of the office until Dec) that he would induce me around my due date if I hadn''t delivered because he knew how uncomfortable I was. Well, the person I have seen the last two visits basically told me she thinks I just need to suck it up. She basically told me don''t expect having the baby to be any relief, because I will be just as miserable breast feeding and getting up every couple of hours. I found that to be a little rude, and I''ve got an appointment to see someone else this Thursday, on my due date. So hopefully this other person will be better, but I''m not holding my breath.

Speaking of rude, do you start to get annoyed when every single person you encounter proceeds top tell you to basically kiss your life goodbye and tells you how miserable you will be once your baby comes? Why would anyone say that to a pregnant woman? I mean, I understand that it is going to be a ridiculous amount of work, and life will be totally different, but I also see the reward as being well worth it. Maybe I am just being naive.

Sorry for the major rant for the day. I''ll go back to just lurking and waiting. Hopefully I''ll have some good news to share sometime soon.
Awww you poor thing (((hug))). I think Sabine had the PUPPS thing going and eventually found some relief. Maybe someone here remembers her remedy or can search for it. I''m horrible at searching for things on PS. As for the acid reflux, try to eat tiny tiny meals, lay off the dairy if you can (it makes mine worse at least), drink a lot of water, etc. I know you''ve tried a lot of things. Have you tried prilosec? Do you have a primary care physician that you trust? Perhaps you could call him/her and ask for a prescription for something better that is still safe during pregnancy.

What a total b*tch your last practitioner was. I expect these dismal remarks from laymen, but from medical professionals? C''mon people.

And yes, I get so annoyed when people give me horror stories. This woman I didn''t even know proceeded to tell me that her three boys didn''t sleep through the night for years and then when they did they wet their beds, and the terrible twos almost sent her into a mental tailspin, and "don''t even get me started on the teenage years." I looked her dead in the eye and said "I''m sorry that parenting was so disappointing for you." What the heck is wrong with people?! I''ve heard stories of terrible c-sections, failed marriages, kids that hate you no matter what you do, etc. Can''t anyone just say congratulations? I completely feel you. It''s like people learn you are pregnant and BAM, no filter. Ugh.

You have my sympathy. The end is in sight. Hang in there. It''ll be totally worth it when you look at your little ones face and have that special bond. ((hug))

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
re: winter maternity clothes, so far the gap ones are the ones that are most fitted and least tent like. they might not be as good for super curvy girls, but for tall lean girls with just a bump, they are perfect. their sweaters and tunics that is. i like that i would actually wear the sweaters (without the extra belly room ruching) even non-preggo. and i live in sweaters all winter long, typically with jeans, now with leggings.

so cal, hope things progress really soon!!! and yes i agree re: people who say things like that, it''s one thing if it''s a friend who is like teasing you or something but it''s another when entire strangers are like telling you how your life will end or to get your sleep now because you never sleep or whatever. you''re like duh i already know that. thanks for being POSITIVE about the life change. hahaa. and stop touching my belly!
9.gif

so i have to complain to you gals because i am so miserable right now but i got this new tank from Target called ''assets'' that said something about pulling in and helping you stay lifted and it has no shelf bra. i was like oh let me try this to see if i can wear it with no bra under sweaters. i am hating bras right now. so i put it on at home and i''m like oh it''s great, it''s totally holding me in and up, it''s a little tight but it''ll stretch. so i get to work and realize it''s made of this NON stretchy really soft compression-like material that is holding me in. i feel like a sausage!!! and it doesn''t feel like it breathes either so my belly feels all trapped. i keep fussing with it and dragging it up and down. and i can''t take it off because i have a crocheted long fitted cap sleeve tank over it that has holes so umm you could see i had nothing on underneath. RATS. and i have a team lunch so my plan to go to Target and get something for Plan B is foiled until at least 1pm. by then i might as well just make it til 5. BAH!!!

qt...i am hoping that''s the case for the A3. i mean my mom carted me around in a FIAT in the 70s which wasnt bigger than my mini. so i know people can do it with smaller cars hehee. i just really want 4 doors so we don''t have to worry about the carseat and getting in and out.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Peony Congrats Momma!!! Asher and Elliot are soooo darling. Glad to hear you all are doing well!!!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys! Thanks so much for your support! They were 28w and 1d gestation. They are still in the hospital and likely will be until their due date. I''m trying to think of this as an incredibly difficult 3rd trimester even though I''d SO rather be pregnant and miss pregnancy so much. We are really lucky that they have not had any infections, heart issues, or cranial bleeds, and right now their main issues are lung immaturity (so they are on a low level of O2 and will probably be weaned off soon), maintaining their temp on their own, and learning to suck, swallow, and breathe at the same time. Right now they''re getting breastmilk through ng tubes. I can''t wait until they are eating more because I make 64oz of milk a day and my freezer is getting very full!

I was given steriod shots to mature their lungs 10 days before they were born because the peri at the hospital was concerned about the frequency of my contractions, but they told me that since the contractions weren''t doing anything I was almost certain to go to at least 34 weeks. Sadly it was not to be.
7.gif

Drk, that''s interesting! I have heard that babies born w/ general do have higher rates of respiratory distress, but Asher was actually smaller than his bro at birth and breathing better so hopefully he escaped that. From my perspective it didn''t really matter because both boys were whisked away immediately after birth and I would have "missed" their birth either way.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Peony!!! The twins (and you) look fantastic! I think you were only a week or so behind me, right? So two weeks behind Mandarine.

Thanks for the sexy time advice...maybe we just need to try a different brand.

So Cal: The unwanted comments have bothered me since day one! Like if I said I was getting annoyed by my morning sickness I would have to hear "Oh you think that''s bad--wait for the labor!" Do they seriously think that I believe that MS is worse than labor? I''m not an idiot!! It was just so obnoxious---I would just nicely say "I know." and then I would get, "Oh, you think you know....you have no idea how bad the pain is." blah blah blah. Or the other day I said I was actually excited about giving birth and that I couldn''t wait to meet Evan and I heard "Oh, you might be excited now but once that labor kicks in--you won''t be excited anymore. You won''t even want kids after this one." Why is it wrong for me to be excited about giving birth---pain is just for those moments--I actually am really excited about giving birth.

Oh, and all these comments come from the same person at my job. She has said other things (about the name of the baby--the size of the baby''s head, that I''m weird for not having "known" the sex of the baby before the u/s, etc).....

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Peony I''ve been thinking about you and wondering how you''re doing. I"m so glad they boys are here and safe and doing well!! They are dolls and you look so peaceful, happy, and just lovely! Congratulations friend!
36.gif
9.gif
So happy for you! I hope things continue to go well. CONGRATS!!!

Now, this is a wierd thought for me, since we both had end of November due dates, that''s what my baby looks like now! ee! too cute
9.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Some more good news, we got the house!!
36.gif
So we should move in in 30 days and I''ll have 4 weeks to set up house before the babe arrives
32.gif
9.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies
35.gif

*Peeks into ginormous thread*

May I please join you? DH and I found out that we''re expecting! We''re very excited
36.gif
!

I have tried following this thread, and I just couldn''t catch up. I tried to keep up with the TTC thread too, but just didn''t have the time. So I kinda feel like the new girl at school who starts WELL into the middle of the school year after all the friendship circles have been established
3.gif

From what I have gleaned from lurking, you all seem like a kind and supportive bunch, so I hope I can fit right in?

I''m just a day shy of 5 weeks, so I know it''s early, but I''ve been testing on pee sticks since my DR. confirmed. Plus he''ll be out of town till Monday (so seeing my lines get darker gives me some reassurance since I can''t pop into his office). My symptoms have already kicked in and my test lines are now darker than my control lines, so I''m trusting that all is well. Besides, every day my bbs feel more and more, like they''re just about to burst, lol!

So here I am, hope I can get nice and cozy and join the party!

1.gif

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome, Sparkly!

Congrats on your bundle of joy! I hope that you can receive all the support you can from this thread! Take care of yourself!
9.gif

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
SparklyLibra: Congratulations and welcome. Here''s to a happy, healthy 9 months!!!

Qtiekiki: I found that Gap has good sweaters. Also, H&M is psycho with the tunics/sweaters and since it''s for such a short period of time, going for something cheaper is always good. I found an awesome sweater there that will last me. Just make sure they are long enough to account for the increasing belly.

Peony: I''m so glad to hear that the little ones are doing well! :) (((Hugs))) and good for you for pumping! That''s wonderful!

Mara: Assets are made by the same company that makes Spanx and I know exactly what shirt you are talking about. I can''t imagine how uncomfortable you are. I wore one of those when I wasn''t pregnant and my boobs felt like they were being bandaged. I actually threw the darn thing away it drove me so crazy. It''ll be so great once you get it off.

Tao: does this woman have kids? Has she had them recently. I find that I get so many comments from people who are much older. I think it''s just this weird thing that happens with people where they have no idea how to contain themselves. It''s annoying!

On another note, can you tell by my numerous posts today that I''m totally procrastinating on things I need to be doing for the move? Ugh! I can''t be bloody bothered!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
peony - I'm so relieved to hear that they are doing well. I was a preemie twin and preterm births always worry me so much... You can count on my prayers!

sparkly - Congrats and welcome!
36.gif

Re: stupid comments and horror stories... I've been lucky to not get much of those. Mostly it's been about how wonderful pregnancy is, which makes me wonder if they've actually ever been pregnant!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Peony!! Congrats Mama! I hope the boys continue to do well and plump up enough so you can take them home. They''re absolute little loves!

Welcome Sparkly!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Also, congrats Sunkist!!

I posted this on the Baby Stuff thread, but figure I'll ask here, too.

Can you guys recommend a glider? My Aunt wants to buy us one, but I don't feel comfortable going over $300.00. Any recs?

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
sunkist - i thought of the same thing.... that's what my baby looks like right now? so crazy! and sooo cute! congrats on the house!! happy happy joy joy.

peony - thanks for the update! modern medicine is just amazing... i'm sure your boys have already changed sooo much since they were born until now. i'd love to see an updated picture of the little ones! gah! so glad everything is going well for them, and for you! nice job on that milk supply girlie!

tee hee re: people and their comments.... let me be naive... let me be excited about birth, let me think waking up 10 times a night doesn't seem soooooooooo awful (hey, at least i don't have to go to work after a sleepless night, right?)... and if i hear 'you'll see' one more time from some 'well meaning' mom/grandma/person off the street - i'm going to lose it. YES, we will see won't we? - this is clearly hormones talking
3.gif

mara - i wasn't trying to say the A3 won't work (that would be a 'you'll see' type of comment - to which i completely distance myself from :) but i think DH and i went back and forth for about 4 weeks on if we were just going to keep my GTI or not -- we got plenty of 'you'll see' comments when we thought, for a brief period of time, that we would .... anyhoodles we bought the V50 b/c we plan to keep it for baby #2 - so we needed something a little bigger than the A3 - but if you are just leasing for a few years i think the A3 would totally work (oh, i should mention that we also have a medium/large dog that we had to take into consideration too ;-)

oh, totally forgot to mention that i had a most wonderful shower yesterday! it was my third (i know, i'm spoiled) and, the decision not to tell anyone what we are having really worked out
3.gif

but seriously... we only got... ummmm... maybe 2 outfits and the rest of the gifts were actual things from the registry that we need... it was awesome! everyone was way too generous! i think the only things we have left to buy are: the red cross grooming kit - an exersaucer (but we won't need this for awhile) and some random things like burp cloths and bibs. i've been slyly buying clothes for the little one (at tj maxx and marshalls - love those sales!!) - all and all this shower reaffirmed our decision not to tell anyone. however, DH was saying that since i've been so adamant about not calling anyone until after baby arrives that, with my luck, my water would break at the shower and then everyone would know... thank heavens it didn't :)

viz, over and out.

oh, welcome sparkly libra!!!! your post made me chuckle about being the new girl :) we were all the new girl at one time, just jump right in... we won't bite..... too much
2.gif
congrats!!

ETA - congrats MANDY!!! WTG boys!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Peony, congrats on your beautiful boys! I love the names Eliot and Asher, and the little fellas are just adorable.

I''m sorry that you had such a scary time with your early and difficult delivery - that''s the first time that I''ve ever heard of someone going through a vaginal delivery and a c-section at the same time - you poor thing.

I just wanted to let you know that one of my friends had her baby at 30 weeks last year, and the baby is now 10 months old and doing great. She is big and healthy and beautiful. I know that your two little peanuts are going to do so well!

Take care, and congrats again!

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, Peony! What a surprise to see you pop back in with THAT news!!! Elliott and Asher (LOVE their names) are absolutely adorable! I hope they continue to do well!

Welcome Sparkly! Congrats on your BFP!

DrK- Doing okay? I hope any spotting/cramping has stopped.

Mandarine- Yay on the boys passing their tests!

Sunkist- major congrats on the house! As for us, with baby dues in about 2.5 weeks, we are hoping to get our house sold and find a new one in order to move around January. No luck on our home search this weekend. Chicago is expensive compared to Michigan, and we''re trying to buy in a price range that would work for us if I end up deciding not to work after all.

Viz- yay for a great shower! DH''s brothers and wives/girlfriends gave us one this weekend, too. It is crazy how people love to buy for babies. All I have to say is if our "girl" comes out a boy, we are in BIG trouble! We have SO many pink things! Maybe not a bad idea of yours to have kept the gender a secret...

Re: scary comments- The ones I love the best are the labor details. Why is it when women find out you''re preggo they immediately start regaling you with horror stories about how many stitches they got, how long their labor lasted, that the epidural didn''t work or went horribly wrong somehow, etc. I''m like OKAY ALREADY!!! It''s not like I can change my mind now so thanks a lot!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 8:24:17 PM
Author: natalina
Oh my goodness, Peony! What a surprise to see you pop back in with THAT news!!! Elliott and Asher (LOVE their names) are absolutely adorable! I hope they continue to do well!

Welcome Sparkly! Congrats on your BFP!

DrK- Doing okay? I hope any spotting/cramping has stopped.

Mandarine- Yay on the boys passing their tests!

Sunkist- major congrats on the house! As for us, with baby dues in about 2.5 weeks, we are hoping to get our house sold and find a new one in order to move around January. No luck on our home search this weekend. Chicago is expensive compared to Michigan, and we''re trying to buy in a price range that would work for us if I end up deciding not to work after all.

Viz- yay for a great shower! DH''s brothers and wives/girlfriends gave us one this weekend, too. It is crazy how people love to buy for babies. All I have to say is if our ''girl'' comes out a boy, we are in BIG trouble! We have SO many pink things! Maybe not a bad idea of yours to have kept the gender a secret...

Re: scary comments- The ones I love the best are the labor details. Why is it when women find out you''re preggo they immediately start regaling you with horror stories about how many stitches they got, how long their labor lasted, that the epidural didn''t work or went horribly wrong somehow, etc. I''m like OKAY ALREADY!!! It''s not like I can change my mind now so thanks a lot!!!!
I know natalina.... I got so many of those when I was preggo. It was like don''t you have a filter?? What is the upside of you telling me this??
20.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Busy weekend with volleyball...and I am so terrible at keeping up with both this thread and the mommy thread without the busy weekends.

Mara~Thanks! Sounds like you guys are doing great organizing! I love both the cribs you're looking at. Good luck car shopping!

Peony~Congrats!!

QT~Thanks! You can join in restroom pics next week!
2.gif
You look great!! You are tiny with a cute cute bump!

puffy~Thanks!! I have been growing my hair out since I cut it after I had T.
16.gif
I may cut it, though, just haven't had the time lately.

Steph~Thanks!

Sunkist~Congrats on the house! You look too cute!

Kimberly~Post a belly pic!! I bet you look great!

phoenix~Hope you're feeling okay! We had a few H1N1's at our school, too, but none in my classes thank goodness. Scary stuff.

drk~I had a very similar experience with the cramping at around 17.5 weeks. I was sure I was in labor (and I've been in labor before and am sure what contractions feel like). The only way I could get them to stop was by drinking TONS of water and laying on my left side. When I saw my OB they checked me and I was closed and said everything looked fine. They thought I had a bladder infection (apparently they can cause a lot of cramping) but I didn't so just told me I needed to start drinking 80 ounces of water a day. Since I've done that I have had minimal cramping.

gingerB~I have a ton of maternity stuff from gap and old navy that I have loved for both my pregnancies. There may be a few things that work for you at least!

I'm missing people, and I'll be back, but I need to pee (imagine that) and don't want to lose all this.
41.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Welcome SparklyLibra!!!

QT~I haven''t really bought much for sweaters yet, but last pregnancy I just bought non-maternity sweaters and had no problems...especially since tunics are so popular now and they cover the bump easily. I really need to buy some more maternity clothes since I''m already bigger this time around, but I''m lazy!
9.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Mara, that''s funny about scorpios!. I think the only scorpio I''ve ever been close to is DH...and while I love his determination, focus and drive...he''s also VERY intense. Not a bad thing, obviously since I fell in love with the guy...but 3 might be too much! lol. Re the furniture, it really helped me to put an "idea board" together (I think I posted it at some point)...basically just a a snippet of all the things I liked in one picture. Maybe if you do something like that with the different options it will help you decide?.

Cello, You look great!!! I really hope you''ve turned the corner and can enjoy the last weeks of your pregnancy!!!...and great DIY haircut BTW
2.gif

SoCal, I''m sorry you''re having a tough time...sending labor dust your way!!!. That Dr is such a B!tch!...sorry, but she just is!. I hear you on the comments people make. I''m getting really tired of:

"sleep now because you won''t sleep for a very LONG time"
"if you think you''re tired now just wait"
"wow you''re going to be really busy"
"better you than me"
"it''s going to be really tough"

etc, etc, etc. Yes, I know..I''m not an idiot...my life will change, it''s going to be hard, etc...but does pointing it out make it any better? NO!. Some people just don''t know what to say I guess....

Sunkist, congrats on the house!!!!....Get some help in getting the house set-up!

SparkyL congrats!!!!!! Welcome
9.gif

Sorry, if I''m forgetting anyone..I am sure I am!!.

My feet are HUGE today...they seriously look like Shrek''s feet!.
39.gif
I''ve been putting them up throughout the day and it helps, right until I bring them down again!.

Today I put together the Babies binder!. Project Managing is what I do so I always have a need to have things organized!. Made myself all kinds of charts and tables and now I have: a tab for the daily log (feedings, diapers and sleeping tracking), Vaccination tracker, calendar, Weight/height tracker and important/emergency numbers. All neatly organized in a cute binder
9.gif

It''s nesting the project manager''s way
2.gif

I still have a few more things to take care of: installing/inspecting the car seats, getting a nursing bra/tanks, and some other little things. Tomorrow we have the Newborn care class and that''s our last class!!! woohooo!. So I am almost DONE!!...I am really happy I started early with everything (finishing the ''otehr'' rooms in the house, nursery, classes, planning, etc)...you do get really uncomfortable towards the end and also nervous...so it really helps to know that things are all done!

Anyhoodle...hope you guys are having a great night!!!

4.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ummm Mandarine can you please send me a copy of that ''binder''... it sounds fabulous hehee. i like your idea of an ''idea board''... i should just do a ppt collage.

you gals are scaring me with the tales of cramps ... i will make sure to continue to try to drink enough water...even though i feel like i don''t drink enough.

so i am jazzed because i felt the baby kicking today and it finally solidified for me that what i thought before were kicks def are. his feet are positioned down so he is kicking down into my bladder and pelvic area which feels kind of odd. the best way to describe it to greg was ''it feels more slow and deliberate in and out of an organ, than the gas bubbles which just kind of quickly explode up higher''. hahah. but i hope he doesn''t hang out on the bladder for TOO long, as he grows and gets stronger that is going to be really uncomfortable. move those feet UP buddy. but the last few days the movement feels stronger. he''s a carrot this week and 10.5 inches. wow that seems so big!

viz..no worries i didn''t take your comments on the A3 as a ''don''t get it'' kind of thing.. it''s good to hear everyone''s experiences. i am HOPING ours will be diff but who knows, maybe not. i did find a cool site when i googled that had a list of car seats and strollers on a car forum of all places that fit in the A3. so i saved that list as a good to know. snug ride they said fits fine but a little tight if you are super tall (i am 5''7" so should be fine) and the list of strollers that fit in the trunk were pretty good. the mini''s trunk is practically nonexistent so that is a perk for us...it''s tiny so we''re upgrading trunk size regardless! we also do need to make sure we just want this for ~2-3 years because i don''t want us to be bitter in like a year that we got a small car. too bad we don''t really like any of the super small SUV''s. the X3 is the only one i liked though the Taureg has promise, maybe if we see it in person. but not sure it will fit in the garage!

sunkist and natalina, congrats on the houses! how exciting! i love the moving into a new house part but not the unpacking. def get help!

welcome sparkly!

oh and i came home and peeled off that torture top the minute i walked in. freedom!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
hmm...can I upload pdf documents??...If so, I don''t mind sharing at all!

Basically this is what I have (with cute little cliparts, of course...hehe)

1- The daily log has: time, feeding: Bottle (oz), BF: L/R (mins), diaper: wet/soiled, sleep, notes. I realize I won''t always feel this out but have read that it really helps, specially with twins, to write things down.

2- Date, Weight and height

3-For the vaccination tracker I downloaded one from parenting.com that I really liked (here is the link)...plus I created an extra sheet with the date, name of the vaccine and with a space for notes/reactions, etc...

4-Calendar: just a print out of the last 3 months of ''09 so I can write down appointments, etc

5 - Important numbers (name, title/organization, phone, email, website) and an emergency info sheet I downloaded from thebump: http://images.thebump.com/tools/pdfs/emergency_info.pdf

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
The lady I''m talking about has two kids. Her youngest is about 11 or 12.

Another thing she always says is how thin she was when she was pregnant....ohhhhhh and the one that annoyed me the most---she said she felt her baby move when she was 5-6 weeks along. She kept talking about it so finally I was like "The baby is the side of a poppyseed--it was gas!" that made her mad--but I was just soooo over it!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Mara, for teh idea board I just used powerpoint too...I just helped to see things together. It didn''t end up exactly like the idea board, but pretty close!

Here was mine so you get an idea. The main thing that didn''t work out for me is that I couldn''t use decals on my walls!...and I opted to not use orange curtains.

It also helped to put this together so my DH could see my "vision"!!

dwellstudio_zoo_ideaboard.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 10:17:04 PM
Author: taovandel
The lady I''m talking about has two kids. Her youngest is about 11 or 12.

Another thing she always says is how thin she was when she was pregnant....ohhhhhh and the one that annoyed me the most---she said she felt her baby move when she was 5-6 weeks along. She kept talking about it so finally I was like ''The baby is the side of a poppyseed--it was gas!'' that made her mad--but I was just soooo over it!

LOL, that''s so funny you just told her that. I just really don''t like the people that think they know it all. All pregnancies are different and no, you can''t possible know it all!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
So Cal I'm sorry you're so uncomfy, girl! Is the rash from the heat do you think? I hope you're delivered from this sooner rather than later! :) Is it time to give that baby the eviction notice??
9.gif

Thanks for all the congratulations on our house (well actually it's a condo, but it feels like a house)!
9.gif
36.gif
Everything just seems to be falling into place, like it's meant to be. It's making me feel so good about it all. Our realtor told us today that apparently there were 5 offers on the house, 3 of them were cash! The other loan offer was being represented by the selling agent!! But we had met the sellers on Friday when we first saw the property and they decided to choose us because we are expecting this baby and we're a family and not just an investor
1.gif
So we are soooo lucky and I'm just now praying that escrow goes well!
natalina, I hope you guys find the right place for you in Chicago~

Sparkly L congrats on your pregnancy!!!
36.gif
You are so funny about this thread. I'm sure we all felt the same way. I did
3.gif

Cello lookin great momma! Love the bump
4.gif

Mandy I've never thought of making an organizing folder like that for the baby before , but that's a great idea! The vaccine chart looks like the one I have for my dog
3.gif
hehe. If I find the time I wanna make one of these too!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Peony - many congratulations on the birth of your boys
35.gif
36.gif
hope they do swimmingly in the coming weeks
21.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist, your post about the sellers being excited to sell to a family rather than an investor made me cry. How precious! In that, you''ll also know that the previous owners loved their home and took care of it, and that''s a *very* good feeling, and it brings comfort. At least it did for us. Ours was a foreclosure, but you could tell the family before us LOVED their house and took good care of it, left it clean and didn''t take fixtures, knock holes in the wall, etc. It made me feel much better about this being *our* house. Congratulations, lady! Have you already chosen the area your baby will grow up in?
9.gif

Peony, I can''t get enough of the pictures of your little guys. Strong way to think about the boys in NICU, you have a goal in mind and you can meet that goal. The boys are taken good care of and are likely the stars of the NICU (I mean, how couldn''t they be??). How did you choose their names? Were they chosen before their birth?

Cello, Looking good, lady! Hope your upswing continues!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results