shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was looking at a thread and Mara was talking about diaper bags and I''m like what? And I find this thread... Wow it seems like another pricescope baby boom!

Congratulations Sapphire cutie on your new cutie! I am amazed at how small you are so soon.

Good luck to all the expecting moms out there, Steph, Vizsla, Kimberly, Vespergirl, Phoenixgirl, Mandarine (twins wow!) and Mara!!! I still remember the thread about the pros and cons about having a kid. I should have known you were cooking up something...

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to post an update. I was one of the moms who was expecting in 2006 and had a little girl September '06. Now she just turned 3, and is happy, still demanding, but potty trained! Here we are at the beach on Labor day, week before her birthday (she's the one in the middle). It's hard to believe her baby days are over. It seems like an eternity, but it also happens so fast. Enjoy it while it lasts.

atlanticbeachsunsetsmall.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Aw part_gypsy, she''s so big! How fun that she has grown up on the boards! She''s gorgeous
1.gif

So I had my appointment, and it went pretty well. Pelvic exams are sooo weird now - I was one that had zero discomfort or pain during one, but now it''s just this side of pain! Yuck. But she was super fast and I love my midwife, so it wasn''t terrible.

But she didn''t find the heartbeat
7.gif
She dug around with the doppler for awhile and got nothing, so she did my pelvic and located my uterus then tried again. And no dice. That baby is waaaaay in there. We were so disappointed, but she told us it was pretty common and made an appointment for me to come back in two weeks just to try again. I hope we find it next time! I''m dying for some validation here!

I did ask about an ultrasound, and she said she only did one sooner than 20 weeks when there might be a problem. So if I go next time and we get no heartbeat again, I get an ultrasound. I can''t decide if I want a heartbeat or not now...lol.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Monkeypie, and congratulations on expecting (I knew I''d forget someone!). Myself I would want to hear the heartbeat; you can wait for the ultrasound at 20 months. I was too chicken to go the midwife route though it seems the people who use that method swear by it.

Life is busy and I don''t check in here as much as I used to, but it is neat to read people''s updates.

Keeping fingers crossed for everyone to have healthy and non-eventful pregnancies/labors.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
I''m loving the belly pics. Not much to see on me yet at 16 weeks, but we had a good heartbeat at my appointment yesterday. I recorded it for DH who was away on business. And then sent the recording to my family. And emailed the chief of my department to break the news. I just felt too awkward trying to track him down in a busy OR or hallway to tell him at work at some point next week when he''s around again. Hopefully he won''t be too upset!
I also scanned myself again last night on L&D when I was feeling really sorry for myself at 3:30am, running on 20min to eat from 11:30am on, and 15min in bed. All I could get was the skeletor face-on view. The kid''s got its chin tucked right on its chest by the look of things, and knees are up pretty close too. I think I might have gotten a not-to-bad view of the money shot, and I''m guessing girl. We''ll find out in 3.5 weeks at the real anatomy scan though, cause I don''t trust my non-existant sonographer skills. I think my placenta''s a little anterior too, so I''m betting I won''t feel movement for a while
7.gif

Now it''s time for bed. Only 4 hours of sleep from 5:30-9:30 this morning, so the kid must need a good rest.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 9:27:42 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Aw part_gypsy, she''s so big! How fun that she has grown up on the boards! She''s gorgeous
1.gif

So I had my appointment, and it went pretty well. Pelvic exams are sooo weird now - I was one that had zero discomfort or pain during one, but now it''s just this side of pain! Yuck. But she was super fast and I love my midwife, so it wasn''t terrible.

But she didn''t find the heartbeat
7.gif
She dug around with the doppler for awhile and got nothing, so she did my pelvic and located my uterus then tried again. And no dice. That baby is waaaaay in there. We were so disappointed, but she told us it was pretty common and made an appointment for me to come back in two weeks just to try again. I hope we find it next time! I''m dying for some validation here!

I did ask about an ultrasound, and she said she only did one sooner than 20 weeks when there might be a problem. So if I go next time and we get no heartbeat again, I get an ultrasound. I can''t decide if I want a heartbeat or not now...lol.
Monkey they didn''t hear my baby''s HB the first appointment at 10 weeks either... At the 14 weeks one we heard it though. I was told that they can tell a lot by the size of the uterus and as long as palpating looked like it was the right size, and you are having symptoms like ms etc, then assume the best!
9.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Mara
Wow you are on top of organizing and getting ready for your baby boy. It''s a good idea to get stuffs ready before the holidays. I just need to decide if we want to get another crib, toddler bed or full size bed.
I LOVE Starbucks eggnog latte. Can''t wait. I never tried the pumpkin spice. I think I''ll try that since Mandy, viz and you all like it.

steph
You have a busy November.

sunkist
You are so adorable.
Good luck on the house. Sending lots of dust your way.

KimberlyH
Hope you had a good dinner.
You should post your belly pics. I took them in tank top and yoga pants for my official belly pics, and I posted a few on here before.
What cars will you be looking at?

Phoenix
Hope you don''t get the swine flu or any kind of flu. But better be cautious with the tamiflu. Feel better soon.

drk
How cute that you recorded the heartbeats for DH.
And you are so lucky to get to take peek at the baby.

I know it''s not Friday anymore on the East Coast, but here''s my contribution to BPF. It''s a picture from two days ago when I was 20w6d.

kiki_bellypic_20w6d.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
SUPER cute bellies everyone! I feel huge, my tiny short torso doesn't give that much room. So far I'm up 11 pounds at 30 weeks. The doc is pretty happy with it.

Hi all, still BPF here on the West Coast, so here's my contribution. I'm at 30w6d, this was taken yesterday. She's been switching sides lately, spending most of the time on the right. I think she's sleeping now.

At my appointment yesterday I was telling my OB about the nausea I was experiencing. She asked if I had really bad heartburn in the middle of the night, and I told her yes, that I had a handful of TUMS sitting beside the bed for the middle of the night wake-ups. Then I told her how SICK of Tums I am. The other night I thought about my options: feel so nauseous I couldn't sleep, or take a Tums and possibly go to sleep, but have to choke down another one. I decided to just power it out. I am THAT sick of Tums. So she told me to get Pepcid, and take it at bedtime. No more wake ups! No more chalky chews, just a swallow of the tiny pill before dinner/bed and I'm good. She said I could go Pepcid or Zantac, and if it gets worse she'll prescribe something stronger. I can take two in 24 hours, so one every 12. VERY happy.

Sunkist: Find out the results on your glucose test? How was it? Good luck on the house!!!

Anyway, belly shot!!

30w5dcovered.jpg

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Posting from phone so keeping it short but wanted to say bellies look fantastic! 37 weeks 2 days here and at 1 cm 50% effaced. All is good.house hunting in Chicago this wwekend. Excited to get back and catch up with you all!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m grateful to say that I don''t feel sick at all today. Last night after the chills I did swing the other way and get a little hot, but thankfully have registered no fever and have no real congestion other than what I usually have from allergies. Hopefully I will continue to feel well, but I''m going to stick with the Tamiflu just in case.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mp... sorry about the hb. i am a little surprised she didn't want to do an US after not hearing the heartbeat, it's standard in our dr's office anytime that happens i guess. i must have missed this but how did you guys decide to go with a midwife instead of more traditional treatment? i don't know the benefits for or against, but i have to say i would not be waiting 2 more weeks to hear the heartbeat. i would have an appt next day or say you need to do an US, but that is just how i am...aka pushy.
9.gif
anyhow, hope you guys hear it next time.

amber, sorry to hear that the heartburn is horrible... it was like that for me in first tri and i was thinking i don't know how i will make it thru if its like this whole time, but in 2nd tri i have had relief, but i imagine in third it will be back since i already had it. i got the citrus tums and they are not too bad, like candy. hope the new meds give you some relief.

natalina, wow it could be any day now! part of me hopes i will be like 2 weeks early just so i don't have to suffer through those last 2 weeks but on the other hand i really want an aquarius (HAHA) so i am like STAY IN THERE until at least jan 21 please!

viz... i hear you re the eyesight! my contacts seem to be not doing their trick as well anymore but i chalked it up to something else related to being preggo. i really hope it's not perm because that would not be fun...ugh!

kimmy... i didn't want fruits for the first few months at all...now i like them but only at certain times. i was really into iceberg salad with bleu cheese dressing though, don't even know why cuz i never eat bleu cheese in regular life. but i embraced it...hahaa. as you know i am really pretty healthy typically so going out of what is normal for me has been kind of a fun release for a while..i figure take advantage of it. i am bummed i still don't want a whole lot of protein though. def carbs.

qt you look so fabulous! i always marvel when exceptionally tiny girls carry kids... my coworker was 100 lbs and 5'6" and she looked so normal from the back and almost even the front til she turned to the side and you went 'omg what's that!'. and her body bounced back right away. i def live in some green-eyed jealousy of those fabulous genes.

great pics ladies, sunkist you look so cute. oh and kimmy i def hear ya re: the posting of the belly. i have only taken 2 shots because not much was going on early.. but i figure as i continue to grow, maybe every 2-3 weeks i will take a photo. but i prob won't post that often. i just like seeing everyone elses.
31.gif

this week took a bit of a toll on my body, all that walking and sitting from my 2 day event with my heavy laptop in my purse has given me what feels like a permanent muscle ache in my left side of my uterus area. it feels a bit like a pulled muscle but only in certain positions. sleeping is not as comfy as it typically is and i think it just has to calm down, but ugh. my friend said that would happen to her sometimes and go away but it would come back. just another reminder that i'm not the same anymore, and can't do things the way i normally would i guess. so this wkd i am hoping to get some couch time in to rest up that side for the upcoming week. does anyone have tips for minimizing the aches and pains as you start to grow with something like a desk job...i am on conf calls and in meetings a lot. how often do you guys get up and walk around, any particular stretching people have found helpful?

re: the organization, well i am trying to be proactive here...haha. i am really excited about getting the house in tip top shape for the event...we moved in jan and some areas are still kind of haphazard which bothers me as i am an 'everything in it's place' person, esp in this place which is a bit smaller than our townhouse. too many things out in this place and it looks cluttered fast. so this wkd greg will do some more garage work, hang a few photos for me that have been neglected, and i'll pack up clothes and the bedding from guest room and if possible maybe move the bed to my mom's house. she'll keep it for us indefinitely.

partgyp... yeah it's funny to see the diff 'waves' of PS'ers in diff stages of life. we put this one off for as long as we could hahah...but now that we are in the middle of it, we both realize we are probably more ready than we gave ourselves credit for. but we are glad we were able to do so many others things first, those memories are priceless.

we are having a crazy indian summer heat wave, bah that will have us in 90+ degree weather til i think middle of next week. our house doesn't have AC... but it stays relatively cool until late afternoon so it's not bad but i am def glad my third tri will be in winter so that i don't feel too overheated.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Nat good luck with your house hunting!!! When would you guys make the move? Before or after baby?

Hi Qtiekiki
35.gif
You are looking mighty adorable yourself. You looked great in your first pregnancy and it''s just the same this time! :)

Amber is someone supposed to call with my Glucose results? I haven''t heard anything yet. My next doc appt is next Wednesday, so if I don''t get a phone call hopefully the office will have the results. It didn''t go bad at all. Hardest part was getting the drink down. I just got sick of drinking it. That bottle looks small, but it;s bigger than you think! Although, it is smaller than I thought before I went to the appt, so that''s good. At least it was chilled.

Thanks for house dust
1.gif
We''re dropping off the offer today before the open house. Gosh I hope they pick us! I started planning the nursery last night (for the nursery that''s not even ours yet..) ! I know, 31 weeks and I haven''t started yet. But I feel like I don''t have any space to plan for here in our apt. I made a collage of my ideas so far and it''s coming along!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Sun: My doctor only calls if you fail something---otherwise they just talk to you at your next appointment.

Monkey: I'm on the same boat as Mara--I would have demanded an u/s just to make sure everything was okay. I know they can tell by the uterus and other things---but just to reassure myself I would have at least asked to have it moved up sooner than two weeks.

I took a picture of myself today (32 weeks, 2 days)---I'll try and post it sometime today or tomorrow.

So, sex question--sorry to anyone that finds this to be TMI. My husband and I have tried to have sex but it just isn't working for us. We thought it was a lube problem--so we bought some KY product--but it still isn't really working for us. We have found other ways to be intimate but I wish we could just DTD our normal way! Any suggestions that might help us out the next time I'm in the mood.

When was the last time Meresal posted?

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
love all the belly pics! i haven''t much to show yet but hubby is getting super excited because we''re edging towards a that looks like a preggo belly rather than i just overindulged at the buffet last night look
5.gif

unfort i ordered the clothes from old navy and gap before i checked in with you guys (doh!) so i''m just going to have to wait and see. still, i think i''ll go meander over to target to see what they have in stock. and there''s a starbucks there and that pumpkin spice sure does sound good right now! does baby gap sell maternity clothes? how do i not know this?

mara - no kidding. super thankful i''d been buying empire type dresses and tops and flats for a while or else i really would have been up the creek with my work wardrobe!

sunkist - yay on the house! that''s super exciting!!!

drk - now you''ve got me wondering if i''ve got an anterior placenta too...cuz i really don''t think i''ve felt anything yet. so jealous you have access to an u/s. i''m always tempted to sneak down to the er and borrow the one i know is down there!

kim - lol on the t-shirt and undies! i did that the other night too!

phoenixgirl - yeesh ont he h1n1 scare! i''m starting to mildly freak out because next month i''m going back to the public hospital and i''m terrified of getting sick. counting down the days until occupational health has the flu shots ready!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh pg i thought i modified my post up above but it didn''t seem to take before, anyway i am sorry to hear you are under the weather with a potential flu. i got the shot about a week ago and felt crappy for 24 hours but then fine after. take care, rest up and drink lots of fluids!!

for anyone interested, Restoration Hardware baby is having a sale $100 off over $400. Pretty good if you are considering a crib or anything from there. I just looked out of interest and most of their cribs are like $600+ so for me it doesn''t make sense since the walmart ones are $300 but in case anyone has their eye on something...indulge!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Hi preggos!

Just chiming in to say:

MonkeyPie: How many weeks are you? I think it''s weird that they didn''t do an ultrasound just to make sure everything''s fine. I had ultrasounds at 8 weeks and 12 weeks, and if there was a problem detecting the hearbeat I''m sure they would''ve done another one. 2 weeks seems like a long time to have to wait to check on things again. Anyway, I hope everything is okay, and that you get to hear the heartbeat at your next appt.

Gingerb: I ordered online from oldnavy as well but was disappointed when my order came, in that the sizes were wayyyyy off! The tops were all 2 sizes too big, but the jeans were okay. I had to have everything taken in. I hope you have a different experience!

Phoenix: Sorry to hear about your possible exposure to Tamiflu. One of my clients had the flu yesterday (just the regular flu, I think), and I started to feel sick this morning. I''ve been taking Vitamin C to ward off any infection. I hope you continue to recover okay.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I am still feeling ok, just a little sleepy, but I think that''s because I''m 35 weeks pregnant!

Mara, I got the flu shot too. Unfortunately that''s just the seasonal flu shot; the swine flu shot isn''t out yet, and we can''t get the nasal spray vaccine which is set to be released first. Pregnant women have to wait for the shot, and they haven''t even said when that will be released.

Tao, wish I could help. DH and I have a date to DTD (or at least try) this weekend, but it''s been over a month (you know how it goes . . . too tired, got a cold, went back to work . . . ) We''ve been using KYJ too. Even with the "help" I just don''t relax like I normally do; I figure it''s hormonal/evolutionary; why would my body need to get in heat when I''m already with child? (OK, that came out funny.)

sunkist, that''s really exciting! Good luck!!! Update us when you hear something! And yeah, I never got a call about my glucose results; no news was good news.

So, MIL just stopped by unexpectedly. I really don''t like interacting with her without DH, and he wasn''t home yet when I got the message that she was heading over to drop off some of his stuff (but luckily he did get here before her). We never invite her over any more because of her erratic behavior, and we don''t go over her house because of her felon husband, so sometimes she just comes up with an excuse to stop by. This is at least the fifth time she has "found" DH''s old stuff (just junk, and usually some of it is his other siblings'') even though she has moved out of the last house he lived in. I haven''t seen her since Mother''s Day. Anyway, DH gave her the impression that I definitely have the swine flu (to give me an out in case I didn''t want to see her), and she looked really scared of me and declined to hug me. It was sort of funny. But also I was kind of wondering why she didn''t seem more concerned about me and the baby. I''m more jaded than DH when it comes to MIL, but I still sometimes expect her to behave less selfishly and more maturely and rationally. Sigh.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies. I thought about pushing for an ultrasound, but since I don''t have any weird pains or discomfort other than morning sickness, I just let it go. She didn''t seem worried at all, but did tell me to watch for any signs that anything could be wrong. This morning I woke up convinced my baby had died and I was just not miscarrying yet.
39.gif
My husband seemed alarmed by my worries, so if I have even the slightest inkling that I need to know NOW, I will call or go back. My midwife is great so I''m sure she would work with me - she could tell I was bummed at the appointment.

Mara, I opted for a midwife for a couple of reasons. The clinic I go to is small but has 14 midwives, and a smaller clientele, so I am much more likely to have my midwife available during my labor than I would be to get my doctor if I went to the hospital for my pre-natal care. (You know, you have one doctor the whole way through your apps, and then when you go into labor you get stuck with whoever happens to be on duty.) Plus midwives are never as rushed as doctors - they have more time in their day and are much more likely to just hang out and answer questions if you need it. Plus I tend to prefer having a female take care of me, especially one that has had children - they just understand better, you know? I love my midwife, she''s great.

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
sha - now you''ve got me worried. oh well. what''s done is done. i''ll just have to wait and see.

monkeypie - none of the docs are females? my ob is a lady. i hear ya about wanting a female. i know tere are a ton of great male obs but i just feel more comfortable with a female.

i was kind of disappointed in my target''s selection. i found one kind of ok work slacks, but it didin''t have my size
40.gif
the jeans fit me kind of "mommyish" y''know? and i was really disppointe in the quality of the fabric relative to the prices they were charging. booo. i did end up getting two long sleeved tees with ruching for the belly. i liked the way it showed off my beginner''s baby pooch and there''s room to grow
5.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
ginger, yeah, Target is hit and miss. They were ok for summer casual clothes for me but not much else. But if you check back in a week or two they might have new stuff. Do you have a Motherhood Maternity nearby? I really like what you get for the money, and the spandexy belly panels are really comfy. They have tall and petite pants too for work.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 7:43:08 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
ginger, yeah, Target is hit and miss. They were ok for summer casual clothes for me but not much else. But if you check back in a week or two they might have new stuff. Do you have a Motherhood Maternity nearby? I really like what you get for the money, and the spandexy belly panels are really comfy. They have tall and petite pants too for work.
I liked the stuff I got from Motherhood Maternity too. Much better fit! gingerb, hopefully the things from oldnavy will be okay, though!
1.gif

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Mptherhood is my fav also. Ive yet to find anything at target.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Darn it, just when I thought all was great at 16 weeks, I had to have spotting when I went to the bathroom today. Dark pink, couple drops in the toilet, then on the paper. My OB did the pap and swab 2 days ago at my appointment, and it was just after a bit of a bowel movement and a little strain (though not more than any other BM during the pg). She did say that my cervix was very friable, and had trouble stopping it from bleeding in one spot. I sure hope it's nothing! If only I had a doppler at home, I'd feel happier. As it is, I'll go in to work earlier on Monday and have a listen. Just go away, darned bleeding! There didn't seem to be anything going on inside when I popped in another progesterone pill, though my cervix felt weird compared to pre-pg. The hole didn't feel as tightly closed as sometimes during my cycles, but maybe it's the high estrogen levels in pregnancy? Please God let this turn out ok!

We're currently house-hunting, and have two great possibilities that are radically different. One is more north in a suburb, 2 km from the subway, with 2 smallish kids rooms, big master with ensuite, guest room, office and 3 piece in the lower level (it's a side split), large den down in the basement. Large laundry room. Big back yard, lots of trees. Quiet street, small parks close by. It's a really cute house, well renovated. Has a huge back deck and outdoor entertainment area.

The other is west of downtown, 1.5 blocks from the subway, easy walk to a great shopping/eating street, close to two big parks. It's not a main street. It's a renovated bungalow that's had 2 extra stories put on it. But there's only a gigantic master (with huge shower, bathtub in the bedroom!) and one big other bedroom. 3rd floor has a huge loft entertainment room with 2 piece bath and mini bar, plus a room open to the staircase that could be a reading area or office. The basement has a big rec room/office with a fairly big window and stairs to the back courtyard (he slate tiled the small garden last year), 2 piece bath, office with one wall half height, and another office. No doors down there except on the bathroom. I'm pretty certain the second bedroom could be nice for two kids for the first few years, even if they didn't end up being the same sex. It has two big closets and an ensuite bathroom with shower and tub. Then when the kids get older, you could move one of them down to a room in the basement pretty easily, I think. We'd have to add a shower/bath to the bathroom down there though. The owner let us in today, and he obviously put top quality finishes into everything. The 3rd floor isn't on central air or heat, but has a gas stove to heat it, and I think might have a separate A/C unit to cool it.

We're pretty torn. The one is in a better/cooler location, for sure. The other is more obviously a family house. But I think the second could be made into one without too much effort. Not sure how expensive that would be though. We're wondering if we'd be crazy to buy this gorgeous house even though we're planning to have a couple kids. It will probably have a better resale value than the other one in the long run, as more houses on the street get bought up and renovated. Aack!

Hope someone can reassure me about the little bit of bleeding.
7.gif
I know I'd reassure anyone else that if it's not accompanied by cramps and you recently had a vag exam, it's probably from that. But my logic doesn't help much when it's for me!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, DRK....just chiming in with some reassurance. I had HEAVY bleeding and cramping at 7 weeks....thought for sure it was another miscarriage, but they did an ultrasound and baby was just fine. I hope everything is okay...as hard as it is to do, try not to worry until you can go in and hear the heartbeat on the doppler. Sending good thoughts your way.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
drk, I''m sure the spotting is nothing. I''ve had some too, especially after a #2 as you said. You''d know better than me why the two would be related, but I guess with straining of muscles in that general region and your recent pap which may have had a little wound that was just healing, it makes sense. I know you''d be the first one to tell us not to worry about the same thing . . . just a few drops of pink bleeding at this late stage really sounds like nothing.

As for the houses, I think you have to go with where you want to live, not the layout of the houses. I''m a city girl so I''m a little biased! This morning the air was so crisp, and DH and I wound up going for a walk through the neighborhood. We wandered through the Oktoberfest being held at a school two blocks away, then hit the shopping/dining district for "second breakfast" (I had a yummy rosemary and feta biscuit), then stopped by the bicycle shop where DH yucked it up with his friends who work there. Then we meandered home. I thought how pleasant and easy this would be to do with a baby too. It was good for our bodies and souls and good for the environment since we didn''t have to drive to do any of this. We make compromises with our house -- it''s old, the baby''s room is tiny and has no closet, we could get much more living space and land for the same money out in the burbs . . . but it just wouldn''t be the same.

I will confess, though, that I did have a baby-related panic attack about living in the city a few weeks ago. I grew up in the suburbs, and I suddenly felt like we were crazy to raise a kid in the city. She won''t be able to ride her bike to the park like I did, but then again, my memory is of me often being alone in these parks near my house in the suburbs, which was probably less safe than being surrounded by people in the city. But the feeling of freedom and the quiet of the neighborhood before parents came home from work is totally different from the hustle and bustle of a city block. But my feeling passed; you make trade offs. I think unless you''re considering some really sketchy area, your child will be happy and safe and cared for wherever you choose to live, so you should be where you feel comfortable.

Remember, a little bit of pink is nothing to worry about. I''m sure it was the straining and the recent pap. I had super bright red bleeding after DTD, and it was obviously just from a bump on the cervix.

Good luck with the house hunt. Let us know if/when you make an offer!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Drk, I had some red bleeding that lasted a few hours when I was only 4 weeks pregnant, and then some light brown spotting when I was 6 weeks along that lasted for a day and a half. I didn''t have cramping either time. What I did discover, though, was that both times the spotting showed up after intercourse. I was freaking out, but my dr. said that sometimes your cervix can bleed after intercourse, because it''s more tender when you''re pregnant. It turned out to be absolutely nothing in both cases, as my ultrasounds showed a healthy pregnancy with a heartbeat.

Maybe the fact that you had a pelvic exam caused your cervix to bleed a bit ... I''m sure that you''re going to be fine, and so will the baby.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
DRK,

ditto-ing what everyone else is saying about the spotting. As long as u/s is showing baby to be fine, and no strong cramping, I''d say you''re good.

Don''t have too much to offer regarding the houses; they both seem to have very strong factors pulling in their favor. I''m sure the perfect fit will win out in the end.

*some extra sticky dust* if it helps to ease your mind
1.gif

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the reassurance! You guys are the best.

Phoenix - I love your reasoning about the house. I think we might well end up making an offer on the city one. The asking price is the upper limit of our budget, but it''s just so cool. Great location, nice playground in the park that''s 2 blocks away. Huge park 2-3 blocks away that DH could jog in to his heart''s content. I also forgot to mention: the guy who owns the place and reno''d it is 6''5". All the countertops (and bathroom sinks in the master, and the master toilet) are higher than normal. His walk-in closet is built up to the ceiling with shelves and storage - it''s awesome. I hope the gas stove on the 3rd floor and the ductless A/C up there (didn''t notice it today on our tour) are enough to keep it warm/cool.

Here''s the floor plan, if anyone wants to weigh in on the potential for alterations in the basement.

House floor plan smaller.JPG

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
drk, yay for the city house! You can always change the interior to suit your needs better. Can you use one of the basement offices as a guest room? And possibly make a 3rd bedroom on the 3rd floor out of the sitting room or half of the family room if you put up walls?

We just got a ductless A/C on our first floor; do yo have one in each room or just a single unit up on the 3rd floor? We got a 17,000 BTU one for a 760 sq. foot floor, and that''s more than enough. Those units can have heat pumps too, so you could replace it with one of those if the heater doesn''t do the trick. I think the biggest issue is how well insulated it is up there; if it''s well insulated, the gas stove and ductless A/C should be fine.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Drk, I spotted weeks 6-10 and the baby is doing just fine; lots of reassurance for you. The fear that went along with it was not pleasant, so I totally relate to where you''re coming from, especially after miscarriages and such (I had a miscarriage in the spring). As for the house, I''m biased as we''re planning on moving out of the suburbs into a more urban area because we''d prefer to raise kids in that environment, but I''d choose the cool house. There''s lots of sitting rooms in it, I agree with Phoenix, I''d turn the third floor sitting area into a bedroom. Pulling the plumbing shouldn''t be too difficult because the master bath sits right below it, you''d just need to put the bathroom directly above the master. As for expenses, it probably wouldn''t be cheap, but long term it would add value to the house to have a bathroom on the third floor.

PG, I hope you''re feeling better.

Viz, I''m not looking forward to my eyesight going wonky. It''s bad enough as is.

Natalina, you are so close. I really think the name Avery is sweet, and unique w/o being too far out there.

MP, sorry you didn''t get to hear the heartbeat. Sorry it''s caused you some fear. I hope if it doesn''t allay you will go back, not fun to spend time in fear.

We''re car shopping today. Hoping to get a great deal on an 09. My poor little pick up that I''ve been drving for almost 9 years just won''t cut it, unless we strap the kid to a jump seat or tie it in the bed. I''ve only owned/driven two vehicles so getting a new car is like Christmas times 1,000.

I gained 5 lbs. during my 1st trimester and have remained steady at that weight for the last three weeks (since week 12. I hopped on the scale this morning and I''m three lbs. heavier, up 8 total at 15 weeks. It''s so strange how random weight gain is.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results