shape
carat
color
clarity

Anniversary Gifts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
so our third anniversary is coming up, and i''m completely struggling for a gift idea. each year we do challenge ourselves and follow the modern/traditional gift list. the third anniversary is leather or crystal/glass. urgh.

last year i had a fun idea using the cotton theme. i surprised him with a trip to savannah were we stayed in the cotton exchange suite at a b&b and dined at the cotton exchange tavern. so much fun!

any ideas for leather/crystal/glass? i''m stumped!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Are you wine drinkers? Maybe some engraved/monogrammed crystal wine glasses? Or an engraved crystal picture frame...make your anniversary a special evening out, take a pic of the two of you and place pic in the frame....would be a nice keepsake of the evening.

And as for the traditional anniversary gifts go, LOL, I am planning my parents 60th anniversary party and that anniversary is DIAMOND! Going to be a sparkly party!
9.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crystal wine glasses & decanter are great. (my birthday gift to him a couple of years ago)

Maybe a crystal statue to have in the living room? I''ve seen some very pretty trees and birds.

Look at Waterford Anniversary Gifts for some great ideas.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
What about something with horses? They use leather in the reins, right? You could do some kind of trip some place and take a trail ride - I know they have them on Skyline Drive in VA, so I''m sure they have them other places.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My husband loves the crystal we got for our wedding. He uses the highball and old-fashioned glasses all the time for cocktails. Maybe your husband would find that to be fun? You could also go with crystal or glass beer mugs/steins if he doesn''t drink many cocktails.

You could also get him a leather wallet or portfolio. If he likes books, you could get him a leather-bound volume of his favorite book.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 6:39:18 PM
Author: princesss
What about something with horses? They use leather in the reins, right? You could do some kind of trip some place and take a trail ride - I know they have them on Skyline Drive in VA, so I''m sure they have them other places.

hum, good idea. i had thought of something baseball... like leather for the glove, but i thought that didn''t really fit us too well. horse back riding may be fun!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks for all the suggestions for glasses + decanters, etc. problem is we have a whole set of all the glasses we need thanks to our registry. however, it did get me thinking.... maybe a wine tasting event?? he''d LOVE that!!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I know that it is not crystal, but I think that it would be cool to take a trip to NY and go to the Corning Museum of Glass. They have all kinds off art made from glass and of course there are other things that you can do in NY. At the museum you can make your own glass thing so not only will you have the memory you will have your own thing that that you made on your anniversary out of glass.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 11:44:17 AM
Author: radiantquest
I know that it is not crystal, but I think that it would be cool to take a trip to NY and go to the Corning Museum of Glass. They have all kinds off art made from glass and of course there are other things that you can do in NY. At the museum you can make your own glass thing so not only will you have the memory you will have your own thing that that you made on your anniversary out of glass.

very cool idea. we were already thinking of going to nyc for thanksgiving... not sure if that trip will still pan out, but if it does... maybe a trip to that museum is in order!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
How "out of the box" are you? I''m thinking have your fortunes done somewhere (crystal ball).

The idea with horses is very cool! Do you need new furniture - a neat leather armchair? Leather-bound books?

Oooh - if you drive regular ol vehicles, rent a luxury car for the weekend (leather).

Crystal is a lot harder, I think. Buy some neat crystal votives and light for a romantic evening?

Bottle of Cristal?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 1:08:01 AM
Author: Elmorton
How ''out of the box'' are you? I''m thinking have your fortunes done somewhere (crystal ball).

The idea with horses is very cool! Do you need new furniture - a neat leather armchair? Leather-bound books?

Oooh - if you drive regular ol vehicles, rent a luxury car for the weekend (leather).

Crystal is a lot harder, I think. Buy some neat crystal votives and light for a romantic evening?

Bottle of Cristal?

i definitely like thinking out of the box for anniversary gifts!

unfortunately, we just bought a new couch + dining room set, so we''re good in the furniture department.

a luxury car rental would be fun!

thanks for the suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results