shape
carat
color
clarity

My proposal - to FI!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
As you know, my FI proposed to me with a gorgeous eternity band on August 3. We were hoping for a wedding this winter (well, an elopement), but my ex-husband has now gone cookoo and won''t give me a divorce. Yada yada yada, lots of battling.

Anyhoo, with no wedding coming soon, FI and decided to make our engagement a bit more "marriage like" by getting him a band to wear. It will make us feel more like we are married.

So I ordered a Tungsten band for FI last night!!! It should arrive this week and I will be presenting it to him in a proposal of sorts. OMG ladies, I am soooo nervous!!!

I am kind of leaning toward a low-key at home type of presentation (maybe after a romantic supper). Thoughts???

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry yuor ex is being a drag, but what a cute idea for you and your FI.
I wish you guys all the luck and maybe your ex will take the hint.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
That''s both so sweet and so cool, LC! Hopefully your ex gives you the divorce soon so maybe you''ll be able to get married before spring since it''s soo apparent that your FI and you are sooo happy together. Anyhoo, would proposing to him at the same area as he proposed to you be out of the question? Instead of doing the canoeing, you could do it during a picnic. What are his interests? Maybe you could incorporate it with things that you like to do together. If you want to do it at home, how about doing it in the morning when he''s waking up or over dinner. If it''s in the morning, you could have your son wake him up on a weekend and give him a favorite stuffed animal (with ring around the neck of stuffed animal) and when he looks at you, you could then ask him if he''d have you and your son to be in his life and how you both love him dearly...so something along these lines. Good luck!

mochamamasita

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that''s really horrible that your ex isn''t respecting your wishes to move on, but I think that your idea of giving your FI a band is a great idea and I''m sure he''ll love it.
1.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s really sweet that you got him a ring! Bummer about the ex, but I think you''re really making the best of the situation.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies for all the support. I am trying not to rant about ex - it gives the issue too much attention and distracts from what is important in my life. I know he is trying to hurt me by not allowing me to get married, but he can''t stop me and my FI from committing to each other in every way short of marriage.

Luckyshe, I love your idea of going back to where he proposed to me!!! There is a big park there, and I have been wanting to take Miller also. If the ring arrives by the weekend, we could all have a picnic there and do it!!! Eeekk. I am so excited. Thanks for the idea!!!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
Im so sorry about the Ex

and thats so cute about you proposing to your FI.......when mine ask i want to do the same thing

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad I could be of help, LC! I''m soo excited for you! I have lots of engagement ideas in my head since I have a brother and cousin who are thinking of proposing next year!

As for the park, you could do a picnic proposal, or potentially a short scavenger hunt proposal where Miller and Mr. LC could go and find treasures (just make sure you''re near by) and when he gets to the "treasure" you can propose!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about your ex but what a sweet idea to propose to your FI. I wish you the best of luck in coming up with a plan and overcoming your being nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results