shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Leon with 1.3 ct Brian Gavin RB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

legra

Brilliant_Rock
That is stunningly beautiful!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Looks gorgeous on your finger.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is just stunning! Many congrats!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif

Congrats!!!! It''s finally in your hands after all the agony and wait! It''s beautiful and looks great on your hand!! Hope you are happy with the mushroom pave coz I sure love it!!
9.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. That is one of my favorite looks. Congrats!

pannini

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 9:55:40 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Beautiful! Don''t worry about the sizing, when you add a wedding band it will likely account for the extra quarter size... you can even get the wedding band sized a tad smaller to help more.

What are you studying in grad school? I remember those years welll... not fondly, but well
2.gif
thanks dreamer! i''m studying organizational psychology, two year program, a life''s worth of reading assignments, an infinity''s worth of stress.

=)

pannini

Shiny_Rock
thanks everyone! i am buzzing with all the sparkle it throws off. i am a modest girl and having such a beautiful thing on my hand is a bit overwhelming right now.

i want to give a HUGE thanks to some of you who helped me:

CKinNYC, mrssalvo, goodsoul, and some many others who i am embarrassed to say i can't recall right now, but i remember all of your answers!

thank you so much, and thanks to pricescope!

my only worry now is the sizing.

more pics will be posted i promise. i actually have some in stock but don't have time to resize. it's a daunting task!

=(

if anyone wants to post for me let me know how i can contact you to resize for me (the pics that is, not the ring).

35.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Outstanding!!

x

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Pannini, its beautiful! Best wishes to you and your fiance!

sillysweetie

Rough_Rock
Congrats on such gorgeous ring!
36.gif
36.gif
I LOVE Leon''s mushroom pave too!
30.gif
30.gif

Would you mind taking a shot of the profile? And how high is "medium low"? Are you able to see the culet?

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic! More pics :)
36.gif

pannini

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 4:10:52 AM
Author: Snooper
Fantastic! More pics :)
36.gif
Um Snooper, more like I wanna see YOUR pics! gorgeous avatar.

I will post more in a bit. In fact, I''ll work on a couple now.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Brian+Leon=BEAUTIFUL!!!!

pannini

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 3:53:52 AM
Author: sillysweetie
Congrats on such gorgeous ring!
36.gif
36.gif
I LOVE Leon''s mushroom pave too!
30.gif
30.gif

Would you mind taking a shot of the profile? And how high is ''medium low''? Are you able to see the culet?
I am having some problems uploading pics even after resizing them, not sure what the deal is. I will post a profile shot soon I promise.

As for med-low, not sure what the height is exactly, but you can see the culet, but only faintly, which I wanted. I didn''t want it to touch the bottom "donut" cause I like a slight subtle floating effect! It''s very subtle btw.

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Wow..
30.gif
.. I''m pretty much speechless!
It''s just.. stunning!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!
30.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Soooo beautiful!! Congrats again on your engagement.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I''m blinded by the sparkles!!!!
10.gif

Chris380

Rough_Rock
Pannini,

I am in LOVE with your ring. I plan to have my 1.35 ct RB reset in a Leon Mege setting similar to yours and it nice to know how lovely it could look. I’m still deciding on some of the details (e.g. mushroom pave vs v-cut), but I have a couple of questions for you if you will indulge me...

Generally, how much detail did you give Leon? I’ve been spending an OBSCENE amount of hours on PS looking at pictures of his work. Did you just refer to pictures on his site, or did you send other photos (e.g. I really like Diamondnut’s beautiful ring and now yours too).... Working long distance makes me a little nervous!!

Did you have it modeled after his 401 style? (I like his ”image r1079” ... http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=462 ). If so, is this the best way to communicate what I want to him?

I love the height of your setting.... do you think I should send him a photo, or will telling him to set it “medium low” do?

Also, did you decide 2mm for the shank? I’m debating whether to go 1.6, 1.8, or 2.0mm. I love the thinner band look, but am not sure if 1.6mm would be TOO thin. Any advice? My ring size is about a 4-4.5.

Thanks in advance! Congrats on your ring... it is a beauty.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s gorgeous! Congratulations!

cincin090

Shiny_Rock
So pretty! I just love this design!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Congrats!

sillysweetie

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 3:58:02 AM
Author: pannini
I am having some problems uploading pics even after resizing them, not sure what the deal is. I will post a profile shot soon I promise.

As for med-low, not sure what the height is exactly, but you can see the culet, but only faintly, which I wanted. I didn''t want it to touch the bottom ''donut'' cause I like a slight subtle floating effect! It''s very subtle btw.

Hi pannini, what did you mean by seeing the culet faintly? Do you mean the culet sits inside the donut, but not so deep inside that you''re still able to see it?
5.gif

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
beautiful!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful!! Congratulations - wear it in good health and happiness
36.gif
35.gif

sleepingbooty

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! It''s a beautiful ring! I just got my Brian Gavin e-ring and I''m completely in love with it!
5.gif

pannini

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 3:34:57 AM
Author: sillysweetie
Date: 9/13/2009 3:58:02 AM

Author: pannini

As for med-low, not sure what the height is exactly, but you can see the culet, but only faintly, which I wanted. I didn''t want it to touch the bottom ''donut'' cause I like a slight subtle floating effect! It''s very subtle btw.

Hi pannini, what did you mean by seeing the culet faintly? Do you mean the culet sits inside the donut, but not so deep inside that you''re still able to see it?
5.gif
Yes exactly, you can see the tip of the culet but it is still close to the donut, but barely touching it!

pannini

Shiny_Rock
Hi Chris380

Generally, how much detail did you give Leon?

I gave minimal details to Leon because I wanted to trust him with the workmanship. I toyed with many details and wrote them down, then simplified it to the thing I really must have. I just specified the width of 2 mm, a med low height, and the ID/style of

Did you just refer to pictures on his site, or did you send other photos (e.g. I really like Diamondnut’s beautiful ring and now yours too)....

Don''t be nervous with Leon! I was nervous true, but in the end I realized it was silly to be. I asked for the same one as the one you linked just with the details/changes I requested. The one you linked is Diamondnut''s btw. Just be sure you follow his "rules of engagement" carefully. Everything else will be fine. And be patient!

Did you have it modeled after his 401 style? (I like his r1079 http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=462 If so, is this the best way to communicate what I want to him?

Just fill out his quote request form and call him in the early morning if you want to speak with him. Be clear and concise and happy! Yes, I told him the style I liked via the form, and he''ll send you a quote. I''d do that first before calling him. Then you can modify the quote confirmation. Everything will work out if you follow the rules of engagement.

I love the height of your setting.... do you think I should send him a photo, or will telling him to set it medium low do?

Just tell him medium low height. He''ll know what to do.

Also, did you decide 2mm for the shank? I love the thinner band look, but am not sure if 1.6mm would be TOO thin. Any advice? My ring size is about a 4-4.5.

I decided 2 mm because I didn''t want anything too delicate. I actually wished I asked for like 2.2-2.5 because I am a casual girl and I like to move my hands in a not too careful manner. Sometimes I worry the 2 mm is too delicate, but I know from many other PSers here that it is strong and durable, it''s platinum. Just don''t go crazy with your activities, know when to take it off when you need to, etc. Treat it with respect. =)

Also, be sure you know your true ring size. Mine is 1/4 too loose and it bugs me to no end. Now I''m scared to change it because I don''t want to part with it. =)

Thanks in advance! Congrats on your ring... it is a beauty.

-- Thanks so much for your compliments! It is even more beautiful in real life. I catch myself staring at it in the light. I''ve never owned diamond jewelry before, I feel like I''m finally grown up!

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous, love the simple classic style of it. Have you considered "bumps" or sizing beads to take up the extra space? They also keep the ring from spinning.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Holy Moly.
30.gif

Chris380

Rough_Rock
Pannini,

Thanks so much for your detailed reply. It helps ease my nerves about working long distance (somewhat, at least) :)

Congrats again on your stunning ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results