shape
carat
color
clarity

Help in Paris

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ThompsonTOT

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Well, I have the ring, now its time for the hard work. We are leaving for Paris tomorrow for Valentine''s day where I plan to ask the BIG question. I have a few questions for everyone.

1. I am trying to make the whole weekend romantic, not just the evening when I pop the question. Does anyone have any romantic daytime places? We prefer indoor recommendations.

2. We are staying at the Hotel Royal Manceau. Does anyone know if they have massage services or a spa or steam room or anything else romantic like that?

3. We are eating dinner Saturday night at Lucas Carton. I know that is an expensive place. Does anyone know how much I should expect? (I need to know if I should bring 5 or 6 credit cards)

4. Is there a place to ice skate?

5. Is there a classic french romantic thing to do? In Manhattan, for example, a helicopter ride around the city is very romantic.

6. How about a classy, romantic show? I''ve been to Lido and Moulin Rouge, and I don''t consider those romantic.

7. Is the musee dorsay or rodin museum romantic?

8. Is the Buddha bar sultry and romantic? Or is it filled with high schoolers? Does Buddha bar let everyone in? Or is it like Los Angeles where you have to be beautiful to get in?

Thanks everyone for any input you have.

AND WISH ME LUCK!!!

TONY

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
Paris is a good location, but I've only been there once. I wonder if any Parisians are one site. The Seine has many romantic spots. I would recomment taking her to a ballet at the Opera de La Bastille or the other older Opera house.

Rodin museum does have "The Kiss" which is one of the most romantic scupltures ever.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I was in France a few years back and I would say that going to a smaller Museum, like Rodin's is a better idea than the Louvre, teeming with people...

In January when I was there, there was an iceskating in a temporary rink, but it's somewhat near the jewelery district, in a center whose name absolutely eludes me. Ask the Hotel conceirge these questions, or drop them an e-mail....

Along the Seine is SO romantic, you don't even need to do anything but walk along it to be picture perfect, but it may be cold. Sometimes, if you are spontaneous and just drop into a little cafe, maybe that helps relieve your tension. You can't plan EVERYTHING!!! Relax, most importantly, walk slowly, breathe and ENJOY! It's your moment too!!!

Also, I walked into Budda Bar and it's very chic...$17 for a drink. It's pricey and they can be snooty, but the atmosphere is lovely...

Something patenetly French and romantic, get her a serenade perhaps? Coffee houses, champagne on a bridge in the middle of the night (hide it well before you go there), or just plain eating there can be orgasmic. The food at some restaurants is just heaven!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah....
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
LUCK!!!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh, Paris . . .
I don't know about the traditional romantic spots (I was there this time last year with my parents), but I just fell in love with the Musee D'Orsay AND the Rodin Museum, especially the gardens. Have a great time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results