shape
carat
color
clarity

things you have learned through the wedding planning process

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I learned that:

1. I didn''t care about having the best of everything
2. I can''t make everyone happy
3. Families have the potential to cause more stress (and fights) than anyone else - but they also have the potential to be the most supportive and helpful
4. Never complain about seating at tables because that whole process is a nightmare
5. In the end, things are NEVER as important as you think they are - at the end of the day, even the things I thought were important to me made no difference and I barely even noticed them at the wedding - the only important thing was marrying my husband.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve learned that deciding on a seating arrangement is down right impossible...it doesn''t help when you have long tables rather than round...stupid venue!

I''ve also learned thatwaiting on RSVP''s is a nightmare, even after the DEADLINE!!!

I''ve discovered that I actually look good in the right style of dress.

Oh, and I already knew it, but I love the little projects such as making favour boxes, placecards and centrepieces!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
That you may think you can do it on a small budget, but that will be thrown out the window as you start adding everything up.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 2:18:01 PM
Author: Blair138
I will never ask a newly engaged couple when their date is.

You truly find out who your friends are and even when you drop everything for them it doesn''t mean they will reciprocate.

Family will always cause problems.
Ditto. Mine are notorious offenders.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
good topic lala!!!!!

i have learned that i started off really apathetic about things. i thought i would be an easy-going bride. i bought the first dress i tried on! but i have changed! i have become ridiculously picky. the more i see and the more wedding research i do, the more difficult i am to please.
20.gif

i have learned that you need to really go over your guest list before sending save the dates

i have learned that i LOVE wedding planning
30.gif
30.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 3:27:25 PM
Author: DMBFiredancer
I will always send RSVP cards back the day I receive the invitation in the mail!
I''m still thinking of my list, but DMB I love this! I agree- seeing them in the mail just makes my day, and gets me so excited!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
charbie, i LOVE your dogs. every time i see that picture i want to give the puppy on the left a big kiss on his cheek!

andex23

Rough_Rock
Trade
I''ve recently learned that there is no right way to do anything, that everyone has their own way that they want YOU to do it, and that I should have picked a sooner wedding date.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Still a year out, but I learned I should have started saving money for the wedding AGES ago, because we are going to be wayyyyy over budget!

I''ve also learned to be a more observant wedding attendee. And that means trying to look at the event from a "non-bride-in-wedding-planning-mode" point of view! Most people really don''t notice or care about a whole load of things, so I''m trying to keep that in mind and to not stress about those things, or to leave them out all together!
16.gif

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I have 9 months to go, so I''m really starting to learn alot from the wedding process:

-If you want something done, just do it yourself, you can''t rely on others to get things done on your schedule.
-Don''t expect everything to go smoothly, with so many details, something is bound to not go as planned...
-DO NOT let your bridesmaids get fitted 13 months before the wedding. My MOH was planning on loosing 20lbs for the wedding from her fitting, and has now gained 25...
-Make sure you are having the wedding YOU want, especially if you are paying for it.
-You''d be surprised as to how willing your fiance is to help out with the girly details...it is his wedding too ;-)
-Don''t let other people try and get you down about anything, this is supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life!
-DO plan ahead, I''ve found vendors are easier to work with when you don''t rush them, and you''ll be less stressed out.
-take days/weeks off from wedding planning...you need the break
-always make sure its fun! surround yourself with people who are happy for you and are willing to help, even if they are not in your bridal party :)

I love, "don''t tell me about it, just fix it". My MOH complains everyday that her dress doesn''t fit. Really? Not my problem you aren''t exercising and still eating out everyday. Complain when you are trying to do something about it...then you have the right to complain because atleast you are trying!!!

this was a nice way to vent to someone other than my mom! :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I learned that:
You can have a totally stress free wedding planning period and wedding day.

I have so many good friends. I know there are a lot of posts about how people have let others down, but looking back at everything from my hen night to the wedding itself, I have so many good friends. They were fantastic in everything and never once did I feel that I was disappointed.

You can mingle opposite tastes. D and I normally have very opposite taste to each other but everything gelled perfectly together.

That you don''t have to argue with family. We were very lucky and neither family caused trouble. D''s mam tried at the start but we nipped it in the bud straight away and there wasn''t a problem after that.

Definitely rsvp early.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I''ve learned that this really isn''t our wedding but everyone else''s and everyone knows better than me.
I''ve also learned that the people I was closest to were the biggest disappointments, while those I least expected were the ones who stepped up.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
1. Weddings bring out the crazy. Hopefully, though, this will prove to be temporary crazy and not life-long crazy.
3.gif

2. My friends are fantastic!
3. There really WAS a dress out there that made me feel like a princess. Didn''t think it was possible!
4. My future husband understands that, even though we are having two of the least expensive weddings ever, that my dress and shoes were an area where pinching pennies would not have been worth it.
5. Following number 4, I have learned that my future hubs is more understanding and supportive than I thought possible.
5.gif

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 9:17:45 AM
Author: purselover
I''ve learned that this really isn''t our wedding but everyone else''s and everyone knows better than me.
I''ve also learned that the people I was closest to were the biggest disappointments, while those I least expected were the ones who stepped up.
Big Ditto!

I haven''t wanted to post ANYTHING about my wedding because I feel horrible about it. Every bride says that it was the best day of their life and I keep thinking I must have done it wrong, because it definitely ranked up there in the top worst days for me!

I received back the photos from the wedding photographer and can''t get past a few at a time without bursting into tears...the pictures are phenomenal, but they bring back so many awful memories...and I can''t seem to get past it. What is wrong with me?!?!

I learned that EVERYONE knows more than the bride (even though she''s the one that has been organizing this for months).

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 11:43:50 PM
Author: wannaBMrsH

Date: 9/2/2009 9:17:45 AM
Author: purselover
Big Ditto!

I haven''t wanted to post ANYTHING about my wedding because I feel horrible about it. Every bride says that it was the best day of their life and I keep thinking I must have done it wrong, because it definitely ranked up there in the top worst days for me!

I received back the photos from the wedding photographer and can''t get past a few at a time without bursting into tears...the pictures are phenomenal, but they bring back so many awful memories...and I can''t seem to get past it. What is wrong with me?!?!

I learned that EVERYONE knows more than the bride (even though she''s the one that has been organizing this for months).
Aww, I''m so sorry your wedding wasn''t everything you hoped. I really hope one day soon you can look back and remember the good and laugh at the bad.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The wedding''s over now, so I''ll also add:

I learned that I really do have a level head, and stayed away from the hype and under budget.
I learned how nice it was to have a small bridal party that really cared.
I learned that your RSVP list will change up to the last minute, but it''s no big deal.
I learned that it''s ultimately about everybody having fun! Nobody will care about the details as long as they are too busy laughing, toasting, and partying!

I had such a great time! Though to be honest, if I had been able to talk him into eloping, I still would have!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results