shape
carat
color
clarity

Pronuciation?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
There are a few screen names out there that have me perplexed. I'm never quite sure of the correct pronuciation. For a while there I thought strmrdr was store murder! Then I read somewhere that it is storm rider.

Is it leo-nid or leon-id? Nicrez? win-yan or winy-an? lop?

Just in case there is confusion over my screen name, it's sue-mee. (my cat's name. it means charcoal in Japanese and she's a black cat).

edited to add: oh geeze, i didn't even spell thread name correctly! i'm useless without spell check

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Nicrez, is really Nic Rez. Nick and Rez.

PlatinumDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Mine is:

Plat"i*num Di"a*mond

or

Mark

2.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Just plain old lop (pronounced like cop but with an l). It's an old nickname from childhood days, and it's easy to spell
21.gif

haunani

Rough_Rock
how-NAH-knee... stress on the middle syllable. It's Hawaiian for "cool, summer breezes" and is my middle name.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh! Haunani, thanks for that! I thought you were ha-u-na-ni (stress on the ha).

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
plain ole win-yan...sumi, it's Unkpapa Lakotah for 'woman'.

win

PS Unkpapa lakotah is also known as one of the subdivisions of the Teton Sioux (Sioux is a corruption of the French for enemy, Teton is a corruption for well..a part of the female anatomy.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results