shape
carat
color
clarity

Want to see pictures from my disasterous second fitting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
EM, that dress is to die for, and the bustle is just perfect!!!
I''m sure that they''ll get all the alterations right, and in the end it will be perfect... Besides, as easy as it is to feel stressed, it''s out of your hands right now. So try to look forward to how awesome it will look once it''s finished
9.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
The good news...you look perfect. Seriously. I see lots of brides...all are pretty, some are beautiful, few are perfect...you''re perfect. That dress is to die for! It was made for you.

Relax. They will fix the dress. Any good bridal salon doesn''t want to make a bride unhappy, to much liability--it''s to emotionally charged for them to just shrug and walk away. And until you''re happy...you''re not leaving with the dress, simple. Keep on them, call every day until they confirm the dress is ready to go home--stay on top of it.

And, the blood thing isn''t uncommon. Brides and seamstresses get stuck all the time. Blood on normal clothing means it''s usually a loss...but with professional cleaner, it will come right out.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
You look gorgeous in that dress. GORGEOUS!

Assuming they will fix the puckering (which is very noticeable) and the blood (which is just gross) I think you will end up being a most stunning bride.

That dress is absolutely beautiful on you, I hope that in the end it will look exactly as it should.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I think the length is fine! It looks as if it just brushes the floor! Don''t worry about the ruffles at the bottom, everyone will be looking at your face, and then the back of your dress which is beautiful!

My dress is 2-3 sizes too big, and I think it may be too long, and mine was also custom cut for length because it can''t be shortened, so they will have to do something to make it right..even if they have to order a new dress rushed! The bridal shop''s job is to make sure you leave happy!!

I would talk to the owner about getting some money back for alterations...you shouldn''t be having so many issues!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for responding. I''ve been obsessing over this all day. I want to reply to all of you individually however I''m afraid I''ll miss some. I''ll sumarize what I''ve been thinking...

I bought the dress over a year ago and I have lost some weight. I did change the way the dress looks on me however that was the plan from the beginning. Anyway, I''ve been comparing the pics from when I bought the dress, to my first fitting, do my last fitting and a few things stand out to me. Obviously the length that we have been talking about as well as the fit. The thing is I signed off on them ordering me a size 12 and two days ago my waist was 25.5" which is a lot smaller than it was when I ordered the dress. However, as someone pointed out, they only took it in from the back, not the side seams it appears. I don''t really know how that is possible but the tailoring in the back is not right, I can see it from my first fitting to my second fitting.

It is possible that because I asked to have added crinoline to make the dress more mermaid like that it made the dress a tad shorter but that again was the plan from the beginning. The store manager told me that she was going to look at the cut to measure and then measure the dress. I''m not sure how that works because I believe they start at the head or the sholder and measure to the ground. How can I prove that it came in the wrong length other than the pictures from my first fitting and the fact that the store managers knows that I had the shoes when I bought my dress and constatntly talks about it. The original seamstress told me that once it was pressed it would skim the ground and from the pics the dress was obviously not steamed.

I''m not sure what they are going to do about the wrinkles...I think silk taffeta wrinkles easily. Its not bleached either its the natural occuring silk taffeta so there is no treatment to the fabric (I''ve been told that matters). Anyway, I think the nature of the dress will leave some wrinkling but its obvious with all the pins at the moment. I''m not really too concerend with that. I think I might actually be able to live with that.

Here is what is really frustrating...I know I''ve said this but I paid a lot...my alterations alone if you include the cut to measure were $900. Yup... So...I think they should fix whatever I want or at least refund my money for alterations. They told me it would only be 2 fittings and I''m on 3. How far do I let this go. Its also stressfull and a waste of my time.

Those of you that know me here know that I love fashion and it just irks me that the length isn''t write. Like someone said I''m a stickler for making sure that my pants always skim the ground. I am short and my fiance is really tall hence the reasoning behind the tall shoes and also the reason I waited to buy a dress till I had shoes...I want this to be perfect. I''m willing to accept some faults but the length...its killing me. The store manager kept telling me that they will fix what needs to be fixed. I think though that depends on what the measuement of the cut to measure turns out to be.

Thanks for the support everyone.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I just wrote what I was thinking. I appologize if its hard to read. I have to go to bed. Talk to you all tomorrow.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Try not to stress, when I went to pick my dress up nothing was done...i had to sit an wait for the stuuupid woman to get to it. Turned out fine in the end.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Hey EM1, just checking in....I''m glad the salon is willing to right their wrongs. Stick to your guns, it doesn''t matter what anyone says, you have every right to demand they fix your dress to your satisfaction. Given the number of problems with your dress and the BM dresses, I do think you have a case to request some form of compensation. Good luck!

Oh yeah....STOP STRESS EATING
3.gif

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Re: the alterations on the back vs. sides. From the MS website photos, it looks like you have 3 seams on either side, with 2 that run the full length. I would ask where they took in the fabric when they did the alterations.

Adding crinoline will cause the length to change and cause the fabric to pull since it is changing the shape of the dress. Did you add a lot? Regardless they should have known if this was your plan from the beginning and ordered it slightly longer than your hollow to hem measurement. What was written on your order form? Would you be ok removing a layer or two for it to hit the floor completely? It might also get rid of the "line" you see where the crinoline starts.

Silk taffeta wrinkles easily but once it''s been steamed it will look great for a few hours. You may want to consider purchasing one yourself and have your bridesmaids or DOC do it right before you get dressed.

And yes, for $900 it should be fixed correctly but if you go in for your third fitting and you are not confident in their ability I would take the dress to another seamstress. You don''t want them to go so far in alterations that the dress isn''t fixable. On the other hand, you may be able to demand a new dress be ordered if they cannot fix their mistakes.

I wish you the best in whatever you choose. You are beautiful and no matter what, people are going to remember your smile and how happy you were. Very few will remember the dress.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Speaking from personal experience, I had lost enough weight in the last week that the dress fell a little, and I was stepping all over the front down the aisle. I was so freaked about tripping. So maybe it''s better that it''s a little short. Try the walk test towards a mirror, because the heavy train will drag it down.

Btw, that dress looks awesome!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 12:52:23 PM
Author: Barcelona
Re: the alterations on the back vs. sides. From the MS website photos, it looks like you have 3 seams on either side, with 2 that run the full length. I would ask where they took in the fabric when they did the alterations.

Adding crinoline will cause the length to change and cause the fabric to pull since it is changing the shape of the dress. Did you add a lot? Regardless they should have known if this was your plan from the beginning and ordered it slightly longer than your hollow to hem measurement. What was written on your order form? Would you be ok removing a layer or two for it to hit the floor completely? It might also get rid of the ''line'' you see where the crinoline starts.

Silk taffeta wrinkles easily but once it''s been steamed it will look great for a few hours. You may want to consider purchasing one yourself and have your bridesmaids or DOC do it right before you get dressed.

And yes, for $900 it should be fixed correctly but if you go in for your third fitting and you are not confident in their ability I would take the dress to another seamstress. You don''t want them to go so far in alterations that the dress isn''t fixable. On the other hand, you may be able to demand a new dress be ordered if they cannot fix their mistakes.

I wish you the best in whatever you choose. You are beautiful and no matter what, people are going to remember your smile and how happy you were. Very few will remember the dress.
I only added one layer of crinoline, taking it out makes it very a-line. It was the plan however the original consultant is no longer there. In the pictures the dress is pinned so I think that explains some of the puckering. We will see next week when I try it on.

My suggestion to them if they can''t fix the length is going to be adding a taffeta ruffle to the crinoline so that when I walk it just peaks out below. What do you think about that?

I doubt another dress can be ordered, my wedding is in 3 weeks. By wednesday it will 2 1/2 weeks.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh, I''m so sorry for all this. I hope it turns out well. Once its all over and done, whew! but you sure do look beautiful !

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 4:05:57 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
I only added one layer of crinoline, taking it out makes it very a-line. It was the plan however the original consultant is no longer there. In the pictures the dress is pinned so I think that explains some of the puckering. We will see next week when I try it on.

My suggestion to them if they can''t fix the length is going to be adding a taffeta ruffle to the crinoline so that when I walk it just peaks out below. What do you think about that?

I doubt another dress can be ordered, my wedding is in 3 weeks. By wednesday it will 2 1/2 weeks.

Ok, I thought you were going to say like six! But only 1 layer wouldn''t have changed the dress length or shape enough. Double check the length they wrote down on the order and I''d have them remeasure you again. If it''s off, I''d fight for a refund. Or not charge you for any alterations on the length like adding the ruffle, which I do like the idea of.

Since you''re so close to your wedding, I''d just stay on top of them and make sure everything is done to your highest expectations. I know it''s a pain to be running back to appointment after appointment, but let''s hope they get it done right next time. Third time''s a charm!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 8:08:32 PM

Date: 8/28/2009 4:05:57 PM

Ok, I thought you were going to say like six! But only 1 layer wouldn''t have changed the dress length or shape enough. Double check the length they wrote down on the order and I''d have them remeasure you again. If it''s off, I''d fight for a refund. Or not charge you for any alterations on the length like adding the ruffle, which I do like the idea of.

Since you''re so close to your wedding, I''d just stay on top of them and make sure everything is done to your highest expectations. I know it''s a pain to be running back to appointment after appointment, but let''s hope they get it done right next time. Third time''s a charm!
Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it. I''m going to look at the measurements on my reciept tomorrow and post it. Maybe you can help me figure it out? I''m anxious to hear how they try and explain the lenght to me.

I think it really needs another ruffle. I''m just not happy with it. Thanks for listening. I''ll post again tomorrow.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Can''t sleep, found my contract...here is what it says:

Cut to Measure centerfront neckline to bottom of ruffle 49" with 5.5 heel. It also lists my height at 5''3''''. That is it other than my measurements.

What do I do?

Secondly...check this out. My measurements on the contract are listed as:

Bust: 36.25

Waist: 29

Hips : 40.5

Here is what they are now:

Bust: 30.5 (with bra, sad, I know)

Waist: 25.5

Hips: 36

CRAZY!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 6:53:16 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
The good news...you look perfect. Seriously. I see lots of brides...all are pretty, some are beautiful, few are perfect...you''re perfect. That dress is to die for! It was made for you.
Huge ditto!

Em, honey - You look divine! The dress is gorgeous and you wear it well. It WAS made for you and no seamstress can mess that up. Absolutely stunning. No word of a lie.

For what it''s worth ... My dress has blood on it too. Seamstress pricked herself and bled out on my dress.
23.gif
She says it will come out. ... I suspect that she is right (insert fist thumping emotie here)

By the way - Hi honey!
35.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Is it possible I''m freaking out? or just becoming a bridezilla?? I''ve been stressing for days now!

Hi spark! I miss you! Where have you been??

did you get your earings sold? I still love them but fiance said, no.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2009 9:53:41 AM
Is it possible I''m freaking out? or just becoming a bridezilla?? I''ve been stressing for days now!

Hi spark! I miss you! Where have you been??

did you get your earings sold? I still love them but fiance said, no.
You could just be freaking out but that is a LOT to digest at your fitting. It will all come together. Your dress really does look fabulous so it may not be perfect or perfect to you but it looks great and when it comes down to it, that is what will matter. You will feel beautiful on your day!

Hi ... I know. It''s weird but I''ve missed you guys as well. I''ve been lying low ... Too much stress. Too much stuff going on so no energy to really come on to PS and be happy ... I''ve been a hot mess of emotion. Big day is next weekend and we''re just trying to pull everything together.

Nope - Not sold yet. I just put them up again. Tell your fiance that they would make you feel better.
12.gif
25.gif
Or ask him what price he would say yes to. LOL!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Spark, let me tell you, I wish I could. I''m in sales and pretty darn good at my job and I can''t sell him on a linen upgrade. Trying for earings...its a lost cause.

I can''t wait to see everything come together for you!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2009 9:59:48 AM
Spark, let me tell you, I wish I could. I''m in sales and pretty darn good at my job and I can''t sell him on a linen upgrade. Trying for earings...its a lost cause.

I can''t wait to see everything come together for you!
Em - That''s hilarious.!
9.gif
No to the linen upgrade too ... Wow - he''s tough.

Thanks ... Once the dust settles, I''m sure everything will come together ... It''s just been a long race and it feels as though someone keeps moving the finish line.

I can''t wait to see the details from your wedding. It''s creepy how excited I am for you.

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 9:12:54 PM
I tend to over analyize if you hadn''t guessed so the reassurance helps a lot. I''m going to try not to stress and hope its fixed by next week. The only problem is that next week I have to go alone.

Im sorry to hear you have had such problems!

Despite all the issues your dress looks lovely on you and I''m picturing it fitting right and it will be completely stunning. The length doesn''t look bad at all to me, I would say the puckering is a bigger problem but other wise you have yourself a beautiful dress!

Can I just say you are gorgeous to, you will make one beautiful bride!

My aunt just had problems with heaps of blood in Vera Wang dress that her SIL ordered from the states (we are in Australia) which she was furious about, especially for the price the bride payed (considering the exchange rate)!

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
The measurement sounds correct, but I wonder if the dress was sitting differently on you when they measured so it was actually lower especially if it was too large.

Congrats on the weight loss. That''s some serious inches lost!

Kinda freaky! It does look like her dress is hemmed so it doesn''t hit the ground at all. I know mine was hemmed to hit the floor, I have the dirt stains to prove it. So I''m not sure what is considered standard, but I think you are right to want it to touch the floor so there isn''t that visible space like in her photos.

You are more than entitled to freak out over your dress! I also thought of something about adding the extra ruffle to the crinoline. Once you have the ceremony and formal pictures, if you start to dance and you''re stepping on it or it''s bothering you. You could ask one of your bridesmaids to carefully cut the ruffle from the crinoline. Unless they could make it detachable in some way.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2009 12:24:28 PM
The measurement sounds correct, but I wonder if the dress was sitting differently on you when they measured so it was actually lower especially if it was too large.

Congrats on the weight loss. That''s some serious inches lost!

Kinda freaky! It does look like her dress is hemmed so it doesn''t hit the ground at all. I know mine was hemmed to hit the floor, I have the dirt stains to prove it. So I''m not sure what is considered standard, but I think you are right to want it to touch the floor so there isn''t that visible space like in her photos.

You are more than entitled to freak out over your dress! I also thought of something about adding the extra ruffle to the crinoline. Once you have the ceremony and formal pictures, if you start to dance and you''re stepping on it or it''s bothering you. You could ask one of your bridesmaids to carefully cut the ruffle from the crinoline. Unless they could make it detachable in some way.
That is the freaking best idea ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that is the perfect solution. I hope that they have it steamed to I can tell for sure. Either way I''m liking the potential design change anyway. It would certainly be unique.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick update for all of you that were helping me. I had another fitting today and they acknowledged that not only was the dress too short but that it was shorter on one side. There was enough material that they can lengthen the ruffles and it should be fine by next week! All of the other alterations were done and the dress doesn''t pucker anymore. The buttons were put back on and the fit was fantastic. So...hopefully by next week it will be finished!!!!!!!!!!!

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
congrats girlie :) you are going to be a gorgeous bride! i hope you post pics!!! :)

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
That''s great news!!! So glad it all worked out!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Thank god!! Bet that''s a huge relief!
2.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Thank heavens for small (albeit huge PITA) miracles! Can''t wait to see pics I hope!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I am very happy for you. You will be such a beautiful Bride - I am glad your dress will be beautiful too.

36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results