shape
carat
color
clarity

New Anniversary Band....should I keep it???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

togal

Shiny_Rock
My husband and I will soon be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and are planning a vow renewal ceremony in Bahamas. We plan to exchange rings, which is, of course, another great excuse to acquire a new piece of jewellery -- yay!! I was thinking of getting a right-hand ring -- but I already have a wide pave band that I love and wear all the time......so, I went ahead and purchased a twin to my channel set wedding band, which I just got last year. I''m thinking that this way, it will be something I can wear all the time with my existing wedding set, rather than something that sits in my jewellery box that I wear occassionally. The three rings are comfortable to wear...but I''m not 100% sure on the overall look. Tell me what you guys think. While it might not be to everyone''s taste, I''m just looking for some general feedback on whether the three rings look good together, or if it''s too much a detracts from original wedding set. Pictures to follow.....

togal

Shiny_Rock
my existing set with the new anniversary band...

nmm002.JPG

togal

Shiny_Rock

nmm003.JPG

togal

Shiny_Rock

nmm005.JPG

togal

Shiny_Rock

nmm006.JPG

togal

Shiny_Rock

nmm008.JPG

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 12:54:31 PM
Author: togal
my existing set with the new anniversary band...
Lots o bling!
30.gif
I actually think it looks really nice! It's definitely a lot on one finger, but it doesn't look overwhelming at all! Could you post a picture of the set without the anniversary band?

Another option might be to get a shared prong eternity band that could go in between your wedding band and engagement ring. Just a thought! :)

togal

Shiny_Rock

nmm009.JPG

togal

Shiny_Rock

nmm010.JPG

togal

Shiny_Rock
last one...

nmm011.JPG

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I vote keep it. I like the look. I think you could switch it up wear just the two bands, or bands with a plain band etc... I really like the yellow gold too.. even though I''m traditionally a platinum girl.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 1:00:21 PM
last one...
It looks very nice!!! Are they comfortable on your finger without feeling too crowded?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the two band flanking the ering look, I"ve gone back and forth with this option myself, so I definitely like the look. Does your bands spin? my only concern (but I''m OCD with these things) is that now you have twice the duties of turning your rings over and line them up, if it doesn''t bother you, then no big deal. If you are having second thoughts, then maybe I''d just keeping looking for the "perfect" set for you.

togal

Shiny_Rock
The rings are comfortabel to wear and spinning doesn''t seem to be much of an issue. The new anniversary band is 1/2 size larger to accommodate the fact that it sits on a wider part of the finger.

The truth is...I bought the new anniversary band at Birk''s, changed my mind the following day and returned it....then went into another Birk''s and tried the same ring on....and bought it again......how crazy is that!:???:!? I think I''d be embarrassed to return it again, even thought they offer a 30 day money-back gaurantee. I have such trouble deciding on things at the best of times....

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/25/2009 1:25:31 PM
The rings are comfortabel to wear and spinning doesn't seem to be much of an issue. The new anniversary band is 1/2 size larger to accommodate the fact that it sits on a wider part of the finger.

The truth is...I bought the new anniversary band at Birk's, changed my mind the following day and returned it....then went into another Birk's and tried the same ring on....and bought it again......how crazy is that!:???:!? I think I'd be embarrassed to return it again, even thought they offer a 30 day money-back gaurantee. I have such trouble deciding on things at the best of times....
lol...you sound like me, I've done that before on clothes
9.gif
but don't be embarrased, just return it, you don't owe anyone anything and its not like it was custom that you can't return.

togal

Shiny_Rock
Here is a link to my set without the new band...

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
they look fine to me...if they''re comfy together then go for it!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I think the 2 bands flanking your ering are nice, but I like your finger with just the wedding band and e-ring better.
Do you ever just wear the band alone? Can you post pics of the 2 channel bands together?
It is so hard to make jewelry or clothes decisions!

loverock

Shiny_Rock
They look very nice together!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I love that look, My original wedding set was very similar. Like Switch said, you can do a lot with the bands. Maybe wear the bands with
a thinner eternity in the middle. Just have fun with them!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can definitely pull it off, and it looks very pretty and blingy! But I would have maybe gotten a different channel band, one that isn't 100% identical to the wedding band. I like a little bit of difference between the wedding band and anniversary band. But that's just me. It's a beautiful set!!

Oh and congrats on your upcoming 20th anniversary!

Looks great!!!!!! And I looooooove the Bahamas. Omg it''s wonderful there!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I love this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Very nice looking set!!!!

tessa

Shiny_Rock
Very beautiful set and a very lucky lady.
I will be married 35 years my next anniversary and I wanted to renew my vows at 20 or 25.

at 20, Dh said he would think about it.
At 25 he said, NO WAY, I married you once and it is forever.

A poet he is not, but as long as he says it is forever I feel better about it.
He is shy and I really just wanted to have a nice beautiful chance to dress up and be romantic.

Now all these years later I think I would look too old and silly doing it.
Wish we had bit 15 years ago when we were young enough not to care about the camera,

I like the rings and they look comfortable.
I am mixed on eternity bands.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Keep it!

It completes your set and as you said yourself it is a band that will not just sit in your jewellery drawer/box. You may not wear it every day but it has a fighting chance of getting worn most days!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
I vote you should keep it. It looks great altogether.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for keeping the new band. Looks great!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your anniversary. Your ring set looks wonderful on your hands.

Enjoy your trip to the Bahamas.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results