shape
carat
color
clarity

show me your leon mege ring boxes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pannini

Shiny_Rock
so in light of previous threads regarding leon''s boxes, i thought it would be nice to get an idea of what these boxes actually look like.

or could you describe to me the boxes you got recently? perhaps only from those who have purchased leon''s rings in the past year or so? i am just curious to know if he upgraded the quality or look of them.

thanks!

pannini

Shiny_Rock
tiny *bump*

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
These are the boxes I received from LM in April ''09. I haven''t bought from LM prior to these boxes so I can''t say whether the quality has been upgraded. I hope this pic will help you further?

lmbox 002.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I have the same box as Megeve but in black. This is from a September 08 purchase from Leon.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 2:30:34 AM
Author:pannini
so in light of previous threads regarding leon''s boxes, i thought it would be nice to get an idea of what these boxes actually look like.

box?? do you mean plastic baggy? hehe... so teasing! Even if it comes in a plastic bag, I''ll definitely have a Leon before too long
9.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Well, here''s my "box" from Leon !! Sent via Brinks in bubble wrap, in a box, in a plastic Brinks envelope !!
Now how did you guys rate a real box???
2.gif

LeonBox.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 8:51:40 PM
Author: bebe
Well, here''s my ''box'' from Leon !! Sent via Brinks in bubble wrap, in a box, in a plastic Brinks envelope !!

2.gif

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

He put that gorgeous giant ring of yours in a plastic bag???
38.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 9:27:58 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Well, here's my 'box' from Leon !! Sent via Brinks in bubble wrap, in a box, in a plastic Brinks envelope !!

2.gif

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

He put that gorgeous giant ring of yours in a plastic bag???
38.gif

So that's the famous Leon plastic baggie. I'm sorry, Bebe...I confess, I did giggle when I saw your picture..
4.gif

C

cozzagirl

I read the other thread about the LM boxes - it was quite a discussion. I, too, have to admit that bebe''s plastic bag pic made me chuckle. I''d probably find it annoying but also humorous at the same time.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
hee hee, I never expected a "real" box cus legend has it on PS, few ever got a box.
It was funny when I was opening the "box",
2.gif
, my hubby said where''s the box?
Laughing, I explained LM rarely sends one. H said you mean we spend that much $$
and all you got was a plastic baggie. Guess we should be honored LM even took the job.
I''m saying all this laughing. It is funny how he doesn''t use a nice box. But glad to see,
some do now get one. I wonder how you make the cut to get one, ha ha?

I''m still hunting for a real leather red Cartier type ring box.
(off to steam my ring, it looked so shiny and clean in that pic)

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Well, here''s my ''box'' from Leon !! Sent via Brinks in bubble wrap, in a box, in a plastic Brinks envelope !!
2.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

I had to smile/chuckle when I saw this! But WOW!!! You have one gorgeous ring!!!! Maybe he puts the rings in baggies whenever he runs out of boxes...and he only orders 20 boxes for the whole year?

pannini

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 2:21:12 PM
Author: megeve
These are the boxes I received from LM in April ''09. I haven''t bought from LM prior to these boxes so I can''t say whether the quality has been upgraded. I hope this pic will help you further?

thanks megeve... so i wonder when he chooses to use the plastic bag. maybe when it''s delivered by brinks?

what were the specs of the rings that came with the red or black velvet round box? it doesn''t look that bad to me. how does the box look cheap?

** and yes, looking back at the topic for this thread, i find it quite hilarious!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 1:24:24 AM
Author: pannini

Date: 8/19/2009 2:21:12 PM
Author: megeve
These are the boxes I received from LM in April '09. I haven't bought from LM prior to these boxes so I can't say whether the quality has been upgraded. I hope this pic will help you further?

thanks megeve... so i wonder when he chooses to use the plastic bag. maybe when it's delivered by brinks?

what were the specs of the rings that came with the red or black velvet round box? it doesn't look that bad to me. how does the box look cheap?

** and yes, looking back at the topic for this thread, i find it quite hilarious!
Yah, the boxes look cheap. Its nothing to write home about!

You can see pics of the rings in this thread!

@ bebe, LOL! Thats Leon for you! My rings came in plastic bags too, stuffed into these boxes!
23.gif
Mine was via Fedex!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
you would THINK that at the high premium he charges for his rings, the least he could do is to have the ring delivered into a really pretty box, regardless of how much one spent!

Isn't he french? Doesn't he know that presentation is everything? lol

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 9:37:12 AM
Author: Amethyste
you would THINK that at the high premium he charges for his rings, the least he could do is to have the ring delivered into a really pretty box, regardless of how much one spent!

Isn''t he french? Doesn''t he know that presentation is everything? lol

LOL I agree..I mean damn QVC has sent my costume jewelry in boxes not GLAD BAGS

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 10:49:08 AM
Author: atroop711

I believe he is Russian. I purchased a small eternity band and got a gorgeous leather box. Go figure. Look for it on ebay!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 1:18:32 PM
Author: BizouMom

I believe he is Russian. I purchased a small eternity band and got a gorgeous leather box. Go figure. Look for it on ebay!
Look for what? The ring or the box?? lol

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

9.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, Leon is missing a great opportunity here. Look at the infamous blue box from Tiffany! People sometimes buy jewelry from Tiffany just to obtain that coveted beautiful blue box!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 11:55:00 PM
Author: ericad
This topic cracks me up :)
Ditto.

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 2:30:34 AM
Author:pannini

or could you describe to me the boxes you got recently? perhaps only from those who have purchased leon''s rings in the past year or so? i am just curious to know if he upgraded the quality or look of them.

thanks!

Where are the previous threads about the boxes? I missed them...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

2.gif

41.gif
Tee hee..I guess when I''d read a couple times on here that he did that, I thought you guys were joking and I wasn''t part of the inner circle to "get it"..oh my! I ordered a $25 taggie blankie from ebay and it came wrapped in all kinds of tissue paper and ribbons, all pretty like. Well, regardless, I aspire to have a LM baggie with a great 3 stone in it next year!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I know a lot of you adore Mr. Leon Mege and with good reasons: his work is beautiful.

BUT -- The day that I saw on his webpage that he was offering discounts to "higher" society people like football players, coaches and the likes, it ticked me to such high degree that it totally burnt ANY desire that I had to desire a ring from him.

Who are WE "lowly people" to him to not deserve a discount? Peasants?!

Now that I read that he sends his stuff in plastic baggies really iks me, just like taking left overs from a restaurant home in a doggie bag...

This man will never earn my business...

*ok I am done venting lol
9.gif

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And on the flip side, he could send me my ring wrapped in poo and I'd happily rinse it off and be on my merry way, giddy as can be to have that kind of craftsmanship on my finger
9.gif

But that's cuz ring boxes are wasted on me - they all end up in my 4 year old's closet filled with rocks (don't ask).

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Its just that to me, it completes the transaction to get a nice presentation for the consumer that paid MUCHO $$$ for their ring(s). Most of the people that seek his work send him their stones for the custom work, so to send back the whole thing in a baggie, to me shows somoewhat a lack of respect.
If i had him do work on my 5.13Ct Lemony and it came back in a doggie bag I'd be
29.gif
!!!!!!! I would be actually offended that he didn't care enough for my stone the overall ring to send it to me in a "box" like that...

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's understandable. It must also come as quite a shock to those who don't go into it already knowing that he rarely uses boxes. I can definitely see both sides of the argument and think it's good that threads like these exist because people have very strong feelings about this issue and should know up front before commissioning him for a project.

And for the record, I was just teasing about the poo. I don't actually like poo very much. I just have a sick sense of humor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results