shape
carat
color
clarity

Great service from Wink and Crafted by Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
July, 2009

Count me as one who never thought I’d buy a diamond on the Internet from a person I’ve never met. That all changed when I found Pricescope, and Wink Jones of Winfield’s and High Performance Diamonds.

I was looking for a diamond for an anniversary ring. My husband hates shopping, so he left the search to me. I went online searching for information about how to buy a good diamond, and found Pricescope. There were several online vendors recommended there. I ordered a diamond from one online vendor, but ended up sending it back because I didn’t like the character of the stone – it looked like a bright white dot and was sort of blah, though it was sparkly.

I was reading Pricescope on Memorial Day Weekend and I kept reading wonderful posts about this guy named Wink and Crafted by Infinity Diamonds. I saw pictures of the diamonds online and I saw a few videos, too, put together by Wink. These Infinity diamonds have such a different look to them – I was captivated! The contrast is so crisp and the diamonds have what Wink calls “amazing dispersion” – all I knew is that the other diamonds I’d seen could not hold a candle to the Infinity diamonds. I was sold!

I was looking for a smaller stone (one-half carat) and I remembered that I’d seen a .53 Infinity diamond listed on Wink’s site, High Performance Diamonds, and I hastily checked to see if it was still listed – it was. I sent Wink an e-mail on Memorial Day, letting him know that I was interested in that stone. And, lo and behold, I get a phone call from Wink a few minutes later! He happened to be in his office and saw my e-mail and decided it would be easier to talk in person. We had a long conversation about the jewelry business in general, our families, and, of course, Infinity diamonds. I felt like I’d known Wink forever – he’s so personable. This was very different from my dealings with the other online vendor – that transaction was efficient, but impersonal.

Even though Wink was leaving for an out-of-town conference, he arranged to have the diamond shipped to me. The .53 Infinity was everything I hoped it would be – white (even though it’s a J!), full of fire and beautiful colors, and that great crisp contrast and dispersion that really make Infinity diamonds stand out.

Wink’s great service extended to the setting, too. After he returned from the conference, we talked on the phone about setting options. I decided on a Vatche platinum setting, and Wink set up a conference call between Wink, me, and the Vatche rep so we could arrange to have me ship the diamond directly to Vatche. The finished ring arrived about a month ago, and I could not be more pleased. The quality of the diamond, the setting, and most of all, the service Wink provides, is simply the best.

And speaking of personal service, I have to comment on how great it was to get an e-mail from Paul Slegers, the owner and designer of Crafted by Infinity diamonds! I had asked Wink if Paul could tell me more about the history of my particular diamond (which happened to be cut from Canadian rough). Wink said he’d ask Paul, and said that he was always surprised at how much Paul remembered about specific stones. A few days later, I got an e-mail from Paul with the details about the size and quality of the rough from which my stone was cut.

Not many diamond purchasers can say they know the history of their stone – from rough to design to cutting to grading to sales. But as the proud owner of an Infinity diamond, I can say with assurance that I know how much quality and care went into creating my diamond, through every step of the process. This level of craftsmanship is unique in this time of mass production.

Don’t tell my husband, but I’m already keeping an eye out for my Infinity upgrade! Although I am very attached to my .53 Infinity, given the size of my fingers (size 7-plus!) I feel that a larger stone will be more flattering on my hand. Fortunately, upgrading is straightforward with Wink and Infinity (there are no restrictions on how much more you need to spend on your upgrade). More important, because Infinity’s cutting standards are so exacting, I know that I will get the same great quality and appearance in my next stone as I have experienced with my .53. stone. This makes it so easy (almost too easy!) to upgrade.

Thank you, Wink and Paul and the others at High Performance Diamonds and Crafted by Infinity!

caesarsalad

Rough_Rock
Yes,,, ! I do agree that Paul Siegers , Wink , John Pollard and even Todd Gray are very prompt and helpful in my search for a diamond.

I wanted to get an infinity ring too but the current stock does not have a E, VVS1 or VVS2 for me... nevertheless each of them is patient with me and wrote to me to explain every details to me about a possible stone...
36.gif

I am still looking and hope during this search,,, something from infinity comes to me...
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results