shape
carat
color
clarity

Where did you get your bridesmaid dresses?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I know a fair bit about bridal gowns by now, but my knowledge of bridesmaid dress brands is limited to David''s Bridal and Amsale Bridesmaid. Help!

Where did you get your BM dresses?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
My BMs got their dresses from J. Crew and they were gorgeous!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I got mine at the Gap! We are having a DW (in 6 DAYS!) and they had some really cute cotton ones in the exact shade of blue I needed! Cost under $80 for each one.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 6:21:31 PM
Author: wannaBMrsH
I got mine at the Gap! We are having a DW (in 6 DAYS!) and they had some really cute cotton ones in the exact shade of blue I needed! Cost under $80 for each one.

wannaBMrsH -- Whoa, now that''s a deal!
You''re getting married SO SOON! How wonderful.

thing2 -- thanks, I''m on the J. Crew page right now checking out the different styles. I''m unsure of the fit, though: I have two J. Crew work-wear dresses that look great, but I''ve also seen J. Crew summer dresses on friends that weren''t the most flattering. Good to hear yours looked gorgeous. Did your BMs get alterations, or did everything fit off the rack?

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
As a bridesmaid, I''ve worn J. Crew, Watters & Watters, and Nicole Miller. All were $200-300 and were beautiful (I''ve reworn them all).

My bridesmaids are wearing dresses by the Dessy Group (After Six collection). Each of my BMs chose a different dress in the same color. Prices were around $140-160 per dress.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
There''s also Ann Taylor. But I ended up getting mine from a local bridal shop, RK Bridal.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i actually got mine from JCpenney.com. They were $80 including shipping. My only caution is to make sure all of the girls order them around the same time, because often they will run out of stock since they aren''t made in as high of quantity. I liked it also because the girls live all over the place and are really busy, so they just had them shipped to their own houses.

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=50434&CatID=64337&GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID=169f5b8&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=50434%7c50444%7c64335&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=2&cmVirtualCat=&CmCatId=50434|50444|64335|64337

my dresses are actually a burgundy red, but they don''t have it anymore! but otherwise its the same dress.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Mine (only had one female attendant) came from BCBG. Love their dresses!

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Mine were from Ann Taylor. They looked beautiful and needed minimal alterations.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Alfred Angelo...lots of styles to choose from in different colors/fabrics, many boutiques around the country, and everything looked gorgeous. Their dresses are very well made too.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
BM''s and I are going to a local bridal shoppe to look at dresses. We''re also going to a location that sells Alfred Angelo, who I feel has a much bigger variety of dresses than DB.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t purhased them yet but am contemplating getting them from wedding shoppe inc.

I''m pretty sure that this will be the dress
1.gif

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
My BMs all purchased their dresses from different vendors; I allowed them to pick their own champagne colored dresses, and the end result was amazing. Each girl looked like herself, but collectively, the dresses meshed really well together.

I''m a bridesmaid in a wedding this December, and the bride is also letting us choose our own dresses in a dark emerald green color. I got mine at David''s Bridal, and I only paid $90 for it!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 6:28:42 PM
Author: mscushion
Date: 8/9/2009 6:21:31 PM

Author: wannaBMrsH

wannaBMrsH -- Whoa, now that''s a deal!

You''re getting married SO SOON! How wonderful.

thing2 -- thanks, I''m on the J. Crew page right now checking out the different styles. I''m unsure of the fit, though: I have two J. Crew work-wear dresses that look great, but I''ve also seen J. Crew summer dresses on friends that weren''t the most flattering. Good to hear yours looked gorgeous. Did your BMs get alterations, or did everything fit off the rack?

They actually fit great off the rack and ran true to size. 2 of them just got the straps shortened which I think was $10-12. The other BM did
nothing (she was a bit longer in the torso) and hers fit great too. With most traditional BM dresses you have to get TONS of alterations done. Also they were able to order the dresses with a 20% off coupon code, which made them $160 instead of $200. If you sign up for the J. Crew emails they send you coupon codes occasionally.

Another reason I love J. Crew dresses is that most (maybe all) of them are silk. Most of the $200ish BM dresses from bridal shops are polyester. Even some of the higher end lines like the Amsale BM dresses were polyester!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Mine were from Watters. I gave them the color and they could choose any kind they wanted, which worked out well for my bmaids'' different body types.

Here''s a tip: Go through www.netbride to see if they carry the line of bmaid dresses you want. They have quite a few designers. I saved each of my girls a good 50 dollars minimum going through them. You just send them an email asking for a price quote, and they are very quick to respond. I highly recommend them.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your responses and tips so far, ladies. I''m liking this J. Crew idea and I will definitely check out netbrides.com as well.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm looking at Jasmine too. They have maternity dresses and one of my BM's is TTC.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Macys - 60 bucks each :)

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I think my girls will be getting theirs from j. crew (ordered one last week to check out). I''ve also worn dresses from Aria twice and been very pleased with the quality and choices of color/style available.

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
Mine were from David''s Bridal about $155 each. It cost a lot to get them hemmed though- turned out there were three layers. DB wanted $100 to hem everywhere else about $60

bridessmaids (2).jpg

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
i got mine from j. crew as well, i tried many places, but i fell in love with a dress there and it looks great on all my bms

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Mine are wearing a Melissa Sweet dress.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Priscilla of Boston

honey22

Ideal_Rock
JerseyGrl81 - your DM dresses were just gorgeous. So romantic and elegant.

We are having ours made by a local dressmaker. I wanted a particular shade of blue that I couldn''t find, so I found the perfect fabric and we don''t have to worry about paying extra for alterations.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Believe it or not, JC Penney! They were under $70. Black tea length dresses. We then got pink taffeta sashes from David''s Bridal for a pop of color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results