shape
carat
color
clarity

what do you people think about this one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fongrx7

Rough_Rock
hi, I learned a lot from reading the forum. finally, I came to a point I might need action soon. I have been looking at this stone:
1.10 Carat, G, SI2 from GIA
depth: 60.9%, table: 57%
EX on polish and Sym.
flr: none, culet: none, girdle: thin-med
measurements:6.67x6.7x4.07
no infor about the crown angle or pavilion angle, so can''t get HCA number. also don''t know if that is H&A.
price: $4058

is it good?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Specs are looking very good so far!!
10.gif

Get a copy of the Cert Plot and check on the locations and types of inclusions. Try and get someone eyeball to tell you if it's eye clean. Ask the Vendor for Sarin Info also.

You may have a weeener here!!
appl.gif

roshita

Rough_Rock
Not enough information is provided for a good assesment of this diamond. PQ is right in getting at least a Sarin report. We have seen GIA graded diamonds with good looking specs for depth and table percentages, end up with a AGS 6 cut grade when put on the Sarin machine. AGS 0 is the ideal cut designation, on a 0 - 10 scale. GIA does not grade cut so getting more information seems necessary.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Are there any remarks in the g.i.a report under comments?
such as cr.angles>35%.If not than I think that the measurments are very nice, and the price is very reasonable!
I am only concerned with the si2 ,ask the vendor you are dealing with to eye the stone and give you his honest opinion whether it's an eyeclean stone or not.tell him to describe the imperfections to you and where they are situated (table,cr pavillions,girdle etc...).
After you heard all of the above if you feel comfortable with it,go for it.

fongrx7

Rough_Rock
thanks, guys, the vendor doesn't have GIA report displayed online. and no further comments about anything.

if you have two choices, most of the specs are identical, except the other one has table 55%, measurement of 6.76x6.83x4.14, 1.15 carat.

the seconde one has smaller table, but heavier. that is GIA certed too, but I have no idea about the cut angles.

ummm, sartin report will help.

thanks
wavey.gif

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
You can have something eye visible in a SI2 in that size stone. It shouldn't stick out like a sore thumb, but when you know where the marks are you should be able to see them. Impossible to know the cut grade without at least the crown height or pavilion depth. If it is ideal the asking price is great. Cut grade 2 it is very good, cut 3 ok.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Don't be afraid to call or email the Vendor(s), Fong. I spoke with several PS Vendors before making my final purchase decision. Every one was friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. No person I spoke with was pushy in any way and everyone was very helpful in getting the info I requested.

Get the crown and pavillion %'s and angles and girdle thickness, crunch the HCA, and see how each diamond rates. If you get good scores, investigate further.
1.gif

roshita

Rough_Rock
I showed my partner your question. He looked at it for a minute and started to chuckle. Then he said:

"You know what? I like Garry. These are just incredible figures. I guess it depends on two things:
(1) at what point, or when are figures rounded up, and (2), to how many decimal places they are rounded to. It would seem that if they are rounded to one decimal place then the stone would be AGS 0 for proportions.. Rounding to two decimal places would take the stone out of the AGS 0 range. And rounding to three decimal places would again make the stone AGS 0. However, since the pavillion angle is accurate to only one decimal place, any calculations should be properly reported to one decimal place. Therefore, we would have to go with the stone as 000. What would Garry's DiamCalc say? And do you know what is the most amazing thing? The 'look' of the stone is the same, no matter how much we BS about the cut."

roshita

Rough_Rock
Hi Garry, out of curiosity on my part what does the DiamCalc say about these figures?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results