shape
carat
color
clarity

H color in white hold setting? Will it be ok?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SalanG

Rough_Rock
I am thinking about buying an H color, ideal cut for a white gold setting....is this a bad idea? Should I go more colorless?

Thanks in advance!

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
It will be fine..do a search and you will find there are plenty of H''s in white gold or Plat that look great

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Nope! It''ll look great. I myself am putting a K in white gold and think it looks spectacular. You''ll have no problems with an H.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will look great in white gold.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had my H stone set in both YG and WG, and it looked much better in the WG.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A reliably graded H colour will look fine in WG, no worries.

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
I''m rather fussy when it comes to diamond colour (more so than many other PS members).
I''d go as low as H colour in a white gold setting (but no lower) and only if the H colour was certified by one of the top diamond grading labs.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
should be fine.

jmw5016

Rough_Rock
I have a J in white gold. Go over underneath my info to the left and click on find all posts and check out the pics of it. If you get a good cut, it will be fantastic and you can get more for your money. Good luck.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be fine, I have a J in white gold.

diamondtiger

Shiny_Rock
what about an H in platinum? will that look ok?

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I have a W / X colored diamond set in platinum and it looks great!!! Surely a G-H one will be terrific :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
absolutely! I would even put my K in platinum or wg if I wanted to switch metal color.

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
diamondtiger

Yes, a well-cut H should be OK in platinum. But I would not go lower in colour. Personally, I prefer F/VS for platinum and H/VS for yellow gold.
But just because I prefer certain colours in certain metals doesn't mean that occasionaly I might drop a colour grade or two to meet a carat-weight target.
The rhodium plating of white gold is an annoyance when it wears away, so I buy platinum instead.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results