shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for ladies that had c-sections

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I had a c-section almost 6 months ago, and I still don''t have all the feeling back around the scar. It''s gotten better, but is still a bit tingly near the middle. How long did it take for you to regain all feeling? Or will I continue to have a tingly area? I''m not concerned, just curious
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 5:58:10 PM
Author:MustangGal
I had a c-section almost 6 months ago, and I still don''t have all the feeling back around the scar. It''s gotten better, but is still a bit tingly near the middle. How long did it take for you to regain all feeling? Or will I continue to have a tingly area? I''m not concerned, just curious
3.gif
I haven''t checked out mine yet. It''s buried under fat.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Was yours emergency or scheduled? I had a scheduled and mine doesn''t feel weird at all and hasn''t for months.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
honestly, it feels weird even at 2 and half years later (prior to my second pregnancy). The first time was an ER c-section and messed up keyloid followed. Well this time (its been 9 months now) second c-section and my area is still a little puffy and is still a bit tingly. I don''t think those nerves will be healing anytime soon (at least for me it hasn''t. Somewhat related experience for nerve healings, but I was in a car wreck 12 years ago and took off some good nerves on my knees, and I asked the dr. about it and he said that it takes a very very long time for your nerves to heal. The sensation I feel on my right knee does not feel the same as it does on my left knees.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Well, it was last minute, but not really emergency? I think they did it the usual way, but just after being in labor all day and pushing for hours...

I had neck surgery when I was 13, and had similar tingly-ness afterwords, but I think it was all back after 3-4 months. Maybe I just have strange nerves!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 6:09:19 PM
Author: D&T
honestly, it feels weird even at 2 and half years later (prior to my second pregnancy). The first time was an ER c-section and messed up keyloid followed. Well this time (its been 9 months now) second c-section and my area is still a little puffy and is still a bit tingly. I don''t think those nerves will be healing anytime soon (at least for me it hasn''t. Somewhat related experience for nerve healings, but I was in a car wreck 12 years ago and took off some good nerves on my knees, and I asked the dr. about it and he said that it takes a very very long time for your nerves to heal. The sensation I feel on my right knee does not feel the same as it does on my left knees.
So it''s not just me!
3.gif
I''ll mention it to the doc at my annual visit next year if I still have it then.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My little guy is almost 3.5. I still have a numb spot across my scar line. My incision was a bit wide to get my not-so-little guy out, a bit over 8 inches. I was completely numb for about a year (I had a 6 inch triangle that had no feeling whatsoever). Then I started getting itching and tingling that lasted for about a year and got some feeling back. I don''t think I''ve had any change since he was 2.

I remember when DH would touch my belly it would make my stomach turn because I could only feel part of it.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I don't remember feeling any kind of tingling, around the scar after about 10 days or so. It heeled pretty quickly, and my incision was vertical (up & down), and about 4 inches long, to allow the 11 pounder to be removed..lol
I remember some women telling me that it would take 6 weeks to recover (2 for me), or that I would have a big ole belly forever after a c-section, because of the incision through the muscle (not the case at all). I believe everyone heals differently, and experiences something different (whether it be short-term or long-term) with a section.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 6:43:53 PM
Author: somethingshiny
My little guy is almost 3.5. I still have a numb spot across my scar line. My incision was a bit wide to get my not-so-little guy out, a bit over 8 inches. I was completely numb for about a year (I had a 6 inch triangle that had no feeling whatsoever). Then I started getting itching and tingling that lasted for about a year and got some feeling back. I don''t think I''ve had any change since he was 2.

I remember when DH would touch my belly it would make my stomach turn because I could only feel part of it.
How big was he somethingshiny?

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
My last c-section was 3 years ago, but my scar has been totally numb since the first one I had 5 years ago. The feeling never came back. Also, an area maybe abour 4 inches around on my left side is also completely numb.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Emergency section here, lateral incision to remove 9lb 10oz baby. I don''t remember having any tingliness or numbness? My surgeon didn''t use staples, he used a plastic surgery technique to close. I had surgeons and interns asking to see my incision for the 4 days I was there
35.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 6:00:54 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 8/4/2009 5:58:10 PM
Author:MustangGal
3.gif
I haven''t checked out mine yet. It''s buried under fat.
omg almost peed my pants...but ditto!

all i know is that sometimes the same spot that was giving me trouble and caused me 2 weeks or percocets stills hurts at random times when i sneeze or cough or stretch...i havent went to ob for check up after c so i need to do that soon!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
nyc, you haven''t been for a check-up at all
6.gif
? They made me go in 2 weeks pp and 6 weeks pp.

I don''t have any other issues with the area, and I was out walking the block with the stroller 2 weeks later. I never took anything other than motrin once or twice, and no extra fat or anything, so I guess I can''t complain much about a little missing feeling...

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had strange sensations whenever I touched certain areas around the scar for about a year. To be honest, the area above the scar is still numb, 4 years later. I''ve had 2 c-sections though. Maybe it gets worse after each incision?

I do know this is different for each person.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 5:31:13 PM
Author: MustangGal
nyc, you haven''t been for a check-up at all
6.gif
? They made me go in 2 weeks pp and 6 weeks pp.

I don''t have any other issues with the area, and I was out walking the block with the stroller 2 weeks later. I never took anything other than motrin once or twice, and no extra fat or anything, so I guess I can''t complain much about a little missing feeling...

yeh i know...i really gotta get crackin and go but just dont have time or energy and figure if its not hurting and everything healed its fine but i know thats wrong.
8.gif

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
I had my c-section almost 7 months ago and my scar and the area around still feels a little weird. It wasn''t an "emergency" but it wasn''t planned either. It''s kind of numb in some spots and it just doesn''t feel like it did before. I keep chalking it up to the nerves still healing. It''s good to know that I''m not alone. Hopefully it continues to get better with time! It''s interesting to hear from the ladies who''ve had more then one. I''ve wondered if it made it worse after the second time.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine feels the same after the 2nd as it did after the 1st, near as I can tell. If I run my finger along it, it feels weird. Not numb, not super tingly, just a different feeling than if I were to do that someplace else. I have a scar on my knee from a car accident, and that''s the same way. The scar itself is barely noticible.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2009 8:25:22 PM
Author: packrat
Mine feels the same after the 2nd as it did after the 1st, near as I can tell. If I run my finger along it, it feels weird. Not numb, not super tingly, just a different feeling than if I were to do that someplace else. I have a scar on my knee from a car accident, and that's the same way. The scar itself is barely noticible.
yep me too! both the scar on my knee and on the incision- weird weird weird feelings. Look what we go through for these babies
9.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 8:26:49 PM

Mine feels the same after the 2nd as it did after the 1st, near as I can tell. If I run my finger along it, it feels weird. Not numb, not super tingly, just a different feeling than if I were to do that someplace else. I have a scar on my knee from a car accident, and that''s the same way. The scar itself is barely noticible.
yep me too! both the scar on my knee and on the incision- weird weird weird feelings. Look what we go through for these babies
9.gif

Oh dude, I KNOW it!! It''s so worth it but jeez-the battle scars and wounds!

Well..actually I''ve got a 2 1/2 year old stuck hanging on the sink right now screeching..I''m rethinking things right now. I''ll let you know.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 8:11:33 PM
Author: beau13
Date: 8/4/2009 6:43:53 PM

Author: somethingshiny

How big was he somethingshiny?

He was 10lb 7oz, 20" with a head the size of a watermelon!! (most of the babies in my family are in the nine and ten pound range but are usually a bit taller!) On his birth certificate it actually says "cephalo pelvic disproportion" so I''ll have proof of his giant melon! The surgery wasn''t emergency but done in a hurry and I was glued and stapled closed.

I do want to add that my physical recovery was VERY quick. On the day of my release I was down looking at all the babies in the nursery and saw my doctor heading to my room to check me. I literally jogged down the hall. I was able to go up and down my stairs several times a day and carry laundry baskets. The day my staples were out I put on my regular jeans and was completely fine. I did do stretching exercises and recovered my back bend!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2009 8:49:44 PM

Date: 8/5/2009 8:26:49 PM

9.gif

Oh dude, I KNOW it!! It''s so worth it but jeez-the battle scars and wounds!

Well..actually I''ve got a 2 1/2 year old stuck hanging on the sink right now screeching..I''m rethinking things right now. I''ll let you know.
hehehe
9.gif
I know what you mean!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results