shape
carat
color
clarity

How many thank you cards do you have to send?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
To go along with Gypsy''s thread, I was wondering how many thank you cards everyone had to write?

For people who are getting them out within a week or two, I just can''t imagine being able to do that... So how many did you send out (or are you writing)?

To answer my own question, I have somewhere between 300 and 325.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I can''t even fathom writing 300 thank you notes. Is that the number of people you invited?

I can see why it might take you an entire year to write notes!!

I had to do about 40.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet I sent out about 200 thank you cards. I had them all written and in the post two weeks after we returned from our honeymoon.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 10:48:15 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
OMG I can''t even fathom writing 300 thank you notes. Is that the number of people you invited?

I can see why it might take you an entire year to write notes!!

I had to do about 40.

Invited exactly 701 (no, we did not know everyone. They were mostly family, parents'' friends, etc - around 80 were our friends). Most were couples, and around 70 singles. Not everyone gave gifts, but a lot did so that''s how we ended up with so many thank you cards to write. That''s why I wondered how many other people have to write - I just can''t see how I could write 320 cards in a week or two
40.gif
I am almost done with them though, and I can''t wait till they''re finished.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
HOLY CRAP!!!! LOL!! I''m sorry.

Wedding TY''s, I would imagine we will have around 100. Lots of our guests were families that gave one gift as a group. I began openeing gifts as we got them, so I started some of them about 2 weeks ago, but only have about 10 or so done.
If I knew they were coming I threw in something about how grateful we were that they traveled to the wedding.

One thing that I was noticing, is that some companies, BBB (cough), send packages separately if a guest gave more than one gift, so it will be a hassle to go thru and find duplicate names and make sure we get all the presents named.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
GOOD LORD I can''t believe you have to write over 300! I have to write about 100, give or take a few. We invited around 170, but a decent amount were singles. Plus about 10 people at my office chipped in and got me an awesome lamp from Crate and Barrel, so of course I''m writing separate notes for each of them. I went through all the gifts and got it spreadsheeted out so this week my mission is to write the notes!

Speaking of which, anyone feel like sharing what they wrote in the thank you notes for cash/checks? I''m having a hard time with those! I also have a couple people who gave cash/checks AND a gift so I''m not sure how to reference the cash/check.

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
First, I have a little over 115 to write. It''s taking a long time, but we''re almonst finished!

Date: 7/28/2009 1:17:25 PM
Author: thing2of2
GOOD LORD I can''t believe you have to write over 300! I have to write about 100, give or take a few. We invited around 170, but a decent amount were singles. Plus about 10 people at my office chipped in and got me an awesome lamp from Crate and Barrel, so of course I''m writing separate notes for each of them. I went through all the gifts and got it spreadsheeted out so this week my mission is to write the notes!

Speaking of which, anyone feel like sharing what they wrote in the thank you notes for cash/checks? I''m having a hard time with those! I also have a couple people who gave cash/checks AND a gift so I''m not sure how to reference the cash/check.

We write something like

"Dear So-and-So,

We are so happy you were able to celebrate our wedding day with us, we hope you had as much fun as we did! Thank you so much for your generous and thoughful wedding gifts. The lamp (etc) will look fabulous in our living room and we plan to use the money to make our new house into a ''home.'' Thank you again!

Love,
Cammy"

That was always the template that seemed to work for us. You can say anything you plan on using the money for, even if it''s saving for a rainy day, down payment or buying furniture.

Good luck with your TY''s!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cash:

Dear so and so,
Thank you so much for your generous gift. We''re planning to put it towards a special evening on our first anniversary. We loved having you at the wedding. Thank you so much for making the trip and sharing our day with us. We had a wonderful night, good food, wine and music-what else could we ask for?

We hope to see you again soon!

Love,
HH and Mr. HH

Registry item:

Dear so and so,
Thank you so much for the XX . Crate and Barrel has the most fantastic stuff for the house and we''re really excited to entertain and use it all. We loved having you at the wedding. Thank you so much for making the trip and sharing our day with us. We had a wonderful night, good food, wine and music-what else could we ask for?

Love,
HH and Mr. HH

Non-registry item:

Dear so and so,
Thank you so much for the XX. As you know, I love cooking, decorating, and anything else having to do with the home. DH and I really look forward to using XX in the near future! We loved having you at the wedding. Thank you so much for making the trip and sharing our day with us. We had a wonderful night, good food, wine and music-what else could we ask for?

Love,
HH and Mr. HH

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
We're sending out about 50 invites (lots of couples), but we're also expecting a lot of people to not show up because of the travel. I'll probably end up with 40 thank you notes to write.

angielea

Shiny_Rock
We had about 120 cards to send, and they were completed (via post card) during the honeymoon, so about 2 1/2 weeks after the wedding.

for my showers, I had about 60 cards to write, and they were done the day after the shower.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! Thank you cammy and HH! You''re both awesome! I love the "templates" you both posted and am definitely going to be using them!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I have about 80 or so to write-I am almost done I believe and my goal is to have them done by Friday because I am going out of town for 10 days AGAIN starting Monday!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
You might all hate me but I just wanted to brag that I finished writing all my thank you cards!!! We have been married 3 weeks tomorrow-this is a HUGE accomplishment for me!
9.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results