shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Me Choose - GOG Chunky Cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Big daddy 48

Rough_Rock
If it were my choice which thank god I am done with this already!!!! Take the 1.07. Your not going notice the size as it''s only a .7 difference. The color and clarity you will notice and it will be in your favor by purchasing the 1.07. What are the prices they are charging you?

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
I wish there were a definate disernable colour difference in the two diamonds, that would make it so much easier for you to decide. What about asking Jon his opinion ?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second the advice from the poster that said to maybe show your gf the video. I still pick H overall just me personally but I like lower color (not that H is that low)

diamondtiger

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 6:01:09 PM
Author: Big daddy 48
If it were my choice which thank god I am done with this already!!!! Take the 1.07. Your not going notice the size as it''s only a .7 difference. The color and clarity you will notice and it will be in your favor by purchasing the 1.07. What are the prices they are charging you?

The 1.07 is $1k more than the 1.15.

diamondtiger

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 6:01:14 PM
Author: chamois
I wish there were a definate disernable colour difference in the two diamonds, that would make it so much easier for you to decide.
I'll second that! The decision would be SO much easier!!
What about asking Jon his opinion ?
I am going to give him a call tomorrow and ask him. Is there anything in particular that you suggest I ask?

diamondtiger

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 6:01:24 PM
Author: D&T
I second the advice from the poster that said to maybe show your gf the video. I still pick H overall just me personally but I like lower color (not that H is that low)

I''ll definitely be doing that. Besides being able to see them myself, that was one of the reasons I requested the video. It will be neat, too, because she''ll be picking out her diamond and not even know it.

diamondtiger

Shiny_Rock
So I finally got to watch the video and ... you guys are right - both are great. I really don''t think I can go wrong with either one. The problem is that I''m a perfectionist and I want the best one for her. She''s so good to me and deserves nothing but the best (for my budget of course!)

diamondtiger

Shiny_Rock
CCL ... I think you mentioned in another thread that the 1.15 showed up a bit yellow in person and appeared closer to an I. Can you please elaborate on this? It''s hard for me to see the color difference in the video - is this something that I might notice in person?

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
The only thing I can think of at the moment is asking Jon if the H is eye clean to YOUR standards, perhaps also which one he thinks performs better in all lighting situations (although, am sure they both perfrom well). What one did you prefer in the video ? I wonder which your GF will choose.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 6:28:46 PM
Author: diamondtiger
CCL ... I think you mentioned in another thread that the 1.15 showed up a bit yellow in person and appeared closer to an I. Can you please elaborate on this? It''s hard for me to see the color difference in the video - is this something that I might notice in person?
My comments were when it was compared to another H and the I coloured master. If it was by itself it is certainly not yellow. In fact even I colored stones have no hint of yellow by themselves.

My only concern for you as I told you before was to see if it has a tint beside the G coloured tacori melee but compared to the other G I don''t really see much a tint so I wouldn''t worry about it.

Also considering how it will be mounted I''d say mostly you will be looking faceup and in that case hands down I would choose the H.

Date: 7/30/2009 2:27:11 PM
Author: ecf8503
That kozibe looks very obvious, and it sounds like this H stone faces up much warmer than what you wanted IIRC?

People keep saying this like it''s a BAD thing.. I personally LOVE the kozibe effect!

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
I love the kozibe effect too !

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I love the H diamond as well!!

diamondtiger

Shiny_Rock
Jonathan called me this morning to see how things were going and, long story short, he said I can''t go wrong with either. Now I''ve just got to get her to watch the video! I''ll let you know how it goes ...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think both of them are lovely. I liked the H in the pictures but they both performed well in the video. I was just thinking only in PSLand will we be excited to watch videos of diamonds.
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the H better-the shape just appeals to me more. Plus it''s $1k less-you can''t really go wrong there!

diamondtiger

Shiny_Rock
So I finally got her to watch it and ... she liked the H. She thought they were both "gorgeous." She thought the G had more "sparkle" to it. However, since it was almost like splitting hairs and she couldn't tell the difference between the two as far as colora and clarity go, she liked the bigger one. In fact, she made a comment that she didn't know why but she just kept being "drawn to" it.

There are also a few things I want to confirm with Jon:
1) Is it eye clean?
2) Does the thin girdle of the H pose a potential problem?
3) How does the H looked compared to the melee diamonds in the setting? Can you tell a difference in color?

diamondtiger

Shiny_Rock
A couple of questions ...

1) The culet allows light to escape, correct? This doesn't appear to be a problem in the video. Should it be in real life?

2) Is the faint fluorescence a problem? How does this compare to no fluorescence?

3) Which one has better ASET and DiamXray images?

4) How important are the polish and symmetry?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2009 7:46:17 AM
A couple of questions ...

1) The culet allows light to escape, correct? This doesn''t appear to be a problem in the video. Should it be in real life?

2) Is the faint fluorescence a problem? How does this compare to no fluorescence?

3) Which one has better ASET and DiamXray images?
1) Shouldn''t be an issue adversely affecting performance.

2) No, you probably won''t even notice it.

3) I will have to look again to comment.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
dt, at this point, ASET's don't matter. You and she have seen the stones, that trumps ASET.
2.gif
(but they are both good)

Faint flo is nothing. I have it in my stone, and if it wasn't on the grading report, I wouldn't know it. Not an issue.

The Pol and Sym are fine!

The culet shouldn't be a problem, but ask Jon if it makes any difference.

I'm glad she got to see them, and doesn't have a problem with the H!

diamondtiger

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 7:48:42 AM
Author: Lorelei

3) I will have to look again to comment.

Thanks. Just let me know what you think!

diamondtiger

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 8:08:59 AM
Author: Ellen
I''m glad she got to see them, and doesn''t have a problem with the H!

Me too. She LOVED them both! She said over and over that she''d be happy with either but when pressed to choose one, she liked the H better.

melz

Shiny_Rock
I am so glad your GF got to see the videos and actually pick out her diamond! What a special experience, she will treasure her diamond every time she looks at it. And the one who went to so much effort to make it so perfect!

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Great job showing your GF the video. If you do decide to go with the H - you''ll have extra $ to put towards either an extra special setting (maybe with a surprise stone hidden somewhere, if that would appeal to you and your GF), or perhaps for a more lavish proposal than you had originally planned ! Or even the wedding band, I''d say you have given yourself a number of options with the savings if you go with the H.

diamondtiger

Shiny_Rock
It''s done and I went with the H. Thank you all for your help. You really have no idea how much I appreciate it. As an extra special bonus, Jonathan is going to make a video of the ring when he gets it in. This has been a great experience and now I just have to wait (which I don''t know if I can do) ...

diamondtiger

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 12:38:26 PM
Author: chamois
Great job showing your GF the video. If you do decide to go with the H - you''ll have extra $ to put towards either an extra special setting (maybe with a surprise stone hidden somewhere, if that would appeal to you and your GF), or perhaps for a more lavish proposal than you had originally planned ! Or even the wedding band, I''d say you have given yourself a number of options with the savings if you go with the H.

That''s a very good point. I know what setting she likes (Tacori 2620) so I don''t have to worry about that. The extra money for the proposal or the band is a great idea.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats. :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2009 1:14:41 PM
It''s done and I went with the H. Thank you all for your help. You really have no idea how much I appreciate it. As an extra special bonus, Jonathan is going to make a video of the ring when he gets it in. This has been a great experience and now I just have to wait (which I don''t know if I can do) ...
Many congratulations to you, you have made a wonderful choice!

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to you both. This is a very exciting time for you and your GF - enjoy, best wishes !

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
yippee10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results