shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you still celebrate your ''dating'' anniversary?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
We never celebrated our dating anniversary beyond that it is on Halloween and we generally do something for Halloween. But, I do think I will have to keep it in terms of telling people how long we have been together. I just don''t think I am ready to trade dating for 10 years for married for ___ months. It makes our relationship feel more trivial to me to even think it for some reason.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
We don't even celebrate our dating anniversary now and we're not even married. Haha. We started spending a lot of time together, but weren't officially a couple until a few weeks later, so we don't really have an exact date. I know it's near the end of April and I thought it was around the 21st, so I just made that the day. Our celebration consists of me saying "It's our anniversary!" and then things going back to normal. Lol. I'm kind of excited to have a real wedding anniversary to celebrate now (we're thinking of taking local weekend trips every year to celebrate).

ETA: We've been together for 3 years. I totally understand continuing to celebrate a dating anniversary for those of you who were together longer! It does seem kind of silly to start over at year 1 after spending so many years with a person.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
we don''t really celebrate our dating anniversary, but i''m sure we will celebrate our wedding one

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 7:55:55 PM
Author: allycat0303
We're ONLY celebrating our dating anniversary and not our wedding anniversary. Mostly because we've been together for so long, and we don't feel as though our lives together only began with the wedding. I don't think you can discount 13 years together and start again at zero.
We will celebrate both for this reason. We started dating at 16, so such much of our lives has been celebrating that day, that it would feel so weird to "just stop".

My parents celebrate their dating anniversary too. Theyve been married for 27 years, together for 39 (started dating when they were 12!). They see that day as the day their lives changed forever, so there is a huge significance for that date.

Cute story: They started dating at 12, my dad met up with her at a treeoutside of school and ask her to be his GF. So 2 years ago, for their anniversary, he made a sign with "HisInitials + HerInitials" in a heart and put it on the tree. Then later than evening, when they went to dinner, he detoured and took her to the tree. My mom balled and said it was the most romantic moment ever. My parents are so cute! lol

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Ours is the same date, so yes :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results