shape
carat
color
clarity

Pre-wedding vs Post-wedding workouts/health

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
There are so many threads about weight loss, eating right and the newlywed 10. I lost nearly 20 lbs just because I was unhappy with how I looked, prior to getting engaged or married, so I didn''t really aim to lose anymore for the wedding, just maintiain and tone throughout our engagement. Pre-wedding we would go to the gym or run a couple of times a week, with being in a bathing suit on our honeymoon (and having wedding pictures around forever!) being our biggest motivating factor.

Post wedding - While I haven''t gained any weight, it''s only been 4 months. I''m unfortunately not working out at the same pace I was before the wedding, simply because a new house with renovations (and thank you notes, gah!) have been dominating all of my time. So I feel a little more ''blah'' about how I look, even if physically there isn''t much change (ok, so maybe a little less toned than I''d like)..

I''m having a lot of trouble keeping myself motivated to workout. We''re extremely busy, but I hate using that as an excuse. I really need to find a way to motivate myself - especially for winter months when I know a bathing suit isn''t in the near future!

I''m cuious where other newlyweds fall (and if you''re willing to share). Have you been able to maintain your same workout pace as pre-wedding? Or has life caught up a little bit and you find yourself falling behind?

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
I am actually working out a lot more now than I was before the wedding! To be fair, I wasn't working and without wedding planning taking up all my time, I had a lot of free time to kill.

Now that I have found a job and I don't have as much free time, I found what has gotten me to stay extremely motivated for the past few months is:

2.) I started attending the fitness classes. When you are in a class with a lot of other people, you look around at everyone else working their butts off and think "If they can do it, so can I!" Also I find it much more entertaining than working out alone.

1.) I found an awesome workout buddy. It is really fun to have someone to try new classes with, plus when one of us is really not in the mood we push each other.

Me and my hubby are planning a trip to Vegas this month with some friends (including my gym buddy) so we are trying our best to look as great as those show girls!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally put on the newlywed 10 (well, more like the newlywed 6), just on the honeymoon!! Yikes. We were running all around the South Pacific for three weeks and I was NOT fitting in my normal workouts, plus I was used to cooking for myself and that obviously wasn''t happening. I''m still not at my pre-wedding weight, which is still about 8 pounds higher than I''d like to be.

My schedule is also a lot busier now than it was pre-wedding (not related to wedding planning or being married, totally separate but has coincided with the change), and it''s been HOT HOT HOT here so workouts have been a lot harder to come by
7.gif
very frustrating. I''m having to get creative and no longer do my normal first-thing-in-the-morning thing, which was really working well for me. I''m gonna have to be an evening workout girl from now on.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll be honest and say that I was probably at my heaviest when we got married. I ended up losing 20 pounds or maybe a little more right after that. Then a few months after our wedding, my stress level hit the roof and I began gaining weight again. I haven''t gained it all back but I definitely need to get back on track.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dropped a few pounds before the wedding just because my summer seasons for soccer started up and I play a lot more often in the summer. Plus I just tend to lose weight in the summer, I think because my eating habits change to reflect the hot weather. And then because I''m a nervous non-eater, I lost about 4 pounds in the 2 days before the wedding. Boy was I skinny!

Sadly I gained them right back on the honeymoon, but I''m still at a weight I''m completely happy with so I really don''t really mind. I don''t think I''ll gain any weight as a newlywed. My husband and I both packed on a few pounds when we first started dating (the going out to dinner/staying in to make out pounds!
12.gif
) but we managed to lose it shortly after we gained it and we''ve been good ever since.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lost 42 lbs before the wedding by working out and eating healthy. Since the wedding, I''m back to my pre-wedding workouts however I''m finding it hard to be as disciplined with my eating. I''ve lost another couple of lbs since I got back from the honeymoon so I''m lighter than I was at the wedding. I agree with Izzy that by doing classes, you''ll want to keep going to the gym. I don''t think I would have jumped straight back in if I was just working out by myself.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
this is an interesting thread, i''m still prewedding and i''ve gotten into a workout routine just recently which i know i will be jolted out of once the wedding and honeymoon happen, what got you back on the workout saddle afterward?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results